ImageImageImage

Cade's agent and "team" coming to Detroit to meet with Weaver about when he can start playing.

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Re: Cade growing frustrated he isnt being allowed to play? 

Post#21 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:00 am

bstein14 wrote:
Snakebites wrote:The original report says nothing resembling what the title of this thread is.

There’s a discussion to be had about how best to manage Cade’s usage, but a thread like this is just deceptive.

First of all, the title of the thread is a question... That's what the question mark is for. I don't know that he is growing frustrated, but that is a narrative that some people are running with on twitter. Doesn't make it factual at all which is why is said, and I quote "100% unconfirmed rumor".... but there certainly is a rumbling that Cade isn't happy that he isn't allowed to play right now and that his people are coming in to meet with management to talk about it.... Even Casey's quote of "he's too important" makes it seem like he likely feels like he could play, but for Detroit he's too important to put out there not being 100% for a Preseason game. I

Nothing is deceptive at all with my post.

I'll put my defense lawyer hat on for a minute..."Is the prosecution really going to ask the witness to testify about how my client FELT?"

Now, obviously this isn't a court of law. But asking forum members to offer opinions about Cade's emotions doesn't have much point because none of us know.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,019

Re: Cade's agent and "team" coming to Detroit to meet with Weaver about when he can start playing. 

Post#22 » by bstein14 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:40 pm

Updated the title of the thread to the information we know rather than asking a question about Cade's state of mind about not playing.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Re: Cade's agent and "team" coming to Detroit to meet with Weaver about when he can start playing. 

Post#23 » by Moses ShamMoses » Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:41 pm

I'm starting to question if Cade will be ready for game 1 next Wednesday which stinks because I have tickets for the game :-?
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,339

Post#24 » by flow » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:21 pm

Manocad wrote:Translation: "I want to see Cade play and I'm pissed that he's not going to be out there to entertain me. So the team must be hiding something."

It's preseason. Lighten up, Francis.

Who are you translating?

aad
Starter
And1: 459

Post#25 » by aad » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:52 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I'm starting to question if Cade will be ready for game 1 next Wednesday which stinks because I have tickets for the game :-?

Smh I also have tickets
Manocad
RealGM

Post#26 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:03 pm

flow wrote:
Manocad wrote:Translation: "I want to see Cade play and I'm pissed that he's not going to be out there to entertain me. So the team must be hiding something."

It's preseason. Lighten up, Francis.

Who are you translating?

Joe Biden. Ever heard that guy speak? You need to be Anne Sullivan to understand him. Luckily I'm very skilled in that regard.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#27 » by Han Solo » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:07 pm

This thread is based off of fake tweets that were made. They weren’t even real. Mission accomplishment by the ass hats that made them. Create a story that doesn’t exist.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#28 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Wow. I could actually hear the screech of this thread's halt.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#29 » by 440BB » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:43 pm

I think by now we all realize they're meeting to put the finishing touches on the Grant + Cunningham for Simmons trade.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
bstein14
RealGM

Post#30 » by bstein14 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:56 pm

440BB wrote:I think by now we all realize they're meeting to put the finishing touches on the Grant + Cunningham for Simmons trade.

Cade's agent isn't Simmons agent. Lyles and CoJo are the Klutch clients.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#31 » by Manocad » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:33 pm

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#32 » by 440BB » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:48 pm

bstein14 wrote:
440BB wrote:I think by now we all realize they're meeting to put the finishing touches on the Grant + Cunningham for Simmons trade.

Cade's agent isn't Simmons agent. Lyles and CoJo are the Klutch clients.

I'll use a laughing emoji the next time I kid. I didn't imagine anyone would take that seriously.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,605

Post#33 » by Snakebites » Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:30 pm

Honestly, if anything them meeting with Cade's people is a good sign. If the injury really was secretly quite serious (which is the other fear mongering rumor out there), there would be less of a reason to do so.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#34 » by bstein14 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:43 pm

He was ruled out yesterday for today's Preseason Finale against Philly... So the fact that he isn't even listed as "questionable" coming into the day of the game isn't a great sign for him being close to playing.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#35 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:57 pm

bstein14 wrote:He was ruled out yesterday for today's Preseason Finale against Philly... So the fact that he isn't even listed as "questionable" coming into the day of the game isn't a great sign for him being close to playing.

It's also not a great sign that he's hiding a more serious injury. It's preseason. These are the games your prized rookie sits out if he's even at 95% relative to a twisted ankle. The team even said holding him out of the preseason games was simply a precaution because he's too valuable to the team to risk it. Why that can't be taken at face value, especially since I'm sure we'd all agree with the logic, is beyond me.

Like I said, all this conspiracy crap sounds to me like spoiled kids yelling "But I want to see Cade play! Gimme gimme gimme Cade!" It's friggin' preseason games, for Pete's sake; who gives a hoot. Seriously.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,484

Post#36 » by whitehops » Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:54 pm

Manocad wrote:The team even said holding him out of the preseason games was simply a precaution because he's too valuable to the team to risk it. Why that can't be taken at face value, especially since I'm sure we'd all agree with the logic, is beyond me.

i think it's because casey initially said it's a minor sprain and he'd be good to go for the FIRST preseason game which was like three days away at that point.

for him to say that and then change his tune understandably leads to questions.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#37 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:05 pm

whitehops wrote:
Manocad wrote:The team even said holding him out of the preseason games was simply a precaution because he's too valuable to the team to risk it. Why that can't be taken at face value, especially since I'm sure we'd all agree with the logic, is beyond me.

i think it's because casey initially said it's a minor sprain and he'd be good to go for the FIRST preseason game which was like three days away at that point.

for him to say that and then change his tune understandably leads to questions.

This was from Casey yesterday:

"He is working, getting his work in. His attitude has been great in film sessions, teaching and talking to him on the sidelines as the practice goes on in film sessions or whatever."

Ever roll your ankle? It's no joke and it's not like you can just assume it's going to be back to normal in a few days. I rolled my ankle playing racquetball years ago and it was multiple weeks before it was 100% again. There's no need to apply Occam's razor here. "Apparently it's still not 100% so we're still being cautious" would be the obvious assumption.
bstein14
RealGM

Post#38 » by bstein14 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Does anyone know how he was injured? Was it at the beginning of training camp during a scrimmage or was it something he came to training camp with a nagging ankle injury? I guess I'm not sure if he got any training camp scrimmages in or not.... He was working on shooting early in camp because there was the report of Beilin trying to have him shoot and release the ball a bit higher. Overall, I agree that the initial report being a "very mild ankle sprain" and at the same time Frank Jackson had one as well it certainly will be strange if 3 weeks later he isn't playing in our season opener against the Bulls. Of course everyone heals differently from these things and perhaps he re-aggravated it during a non contact shooting workout or something.

I guess we will know in 5 days if he misses the season opener, if this is more serious that the Pistons are letting on. It makes sense to sit out preseason games, but once the regular season starts if he is still sitting its likely worse than a "very mild ankle sprain" from 3 weeks ago.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#39 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:25 pm

bstein14 wrote:Does anyone know how he was injured? Was it at the beginning of training camp during a scrimmage or was it something he came to training camp with a nagging ankle injury? I guess I'm not sure if he got any training camp scrimmages in or not.... He was working on shooting early in camp because there was the report of Beilin trying to have him shoot and release the ball a bit higher. Overall, I agree that the initial report being a "very mild ankle sprain" and at the same time Frank Jackson had one as well it certainly will be strange if 3 weeks later he isn't playing in our season opener against the Bulls. Of course everyone heals differently from these things and perhaps he re-aggravated it during a non contact shooting workout or something.

I guess we will know in 5 days if he misses the season opener, if this is more serious that the Pistons are letting on. It makes sense to sit out preseason games, but once the regular season starts if he is still sitting its likely worse than a "very mild ankle sprain" from 3 weeks ago.

I read that he rolled his ankle two weeks ago. Assuming the x-rays were fine there's no way to know how serious it is until it's back to 100%. After the initial swelling goes down it looks normal but it's just sore. And mild soreness is obviously, well, mild. But it's not 100% until there's no longer any soreness, and if it were you I guarantee you wouldn't want to be out there playing until it was 100%. Especially when it means your livelihood.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,523

Post#40 » by zeebneeb » Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:05 pm

This kid is gonna bust. I don't need 26 games to make up my mind, he won't even play in the preseason!

Return to Detroit Pistons