Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, sixers hoops, Sixerscan, Foshan

TheBallsDeeper
Starter
And1: 2,114

Re: Joel; unchained. 

Post#81 » by TheBallsDeeper » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:13 am

mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:
kio80 wrote:Neither Ben or Joel is the one, both lack crucial ingredients to win it all.
Ben ain’t it, Joel ain’t it, it’s not that they don’t compliment each other, they just ain’t that good, Embiid is at best a number 2 option with a superstar scoring guard, Ben is at best 2nd or third option with a superstar scoring guard and stretch bigs.
Smartest move is to trade Embiid now, play with the **** roster and let Ben sit, trade him eventually for better assets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is incorrect. Embiid is the number 1 option until the last 2 minutes of the game. Just like Shaq. Kobe took over at the end. That’s just the way the nba is these days.

The nba is a wing/guard league in the closing stretches of game. Problem for sixers is they don’t even have a true number 2 option. Harris is the third best player on any championship team. Right now we don’t have a third player who can create his own shot in half court consistently

I'm not sure Harris is even that. Harris showed last year that he isn't capable of being 'the man' in the biggest spots - I'm not saying that as a knock, it just is the way it is. He's a great guy and a nice player who is probably best being a primary option on an average or bad team.

We don't have a go-to option in any playoff scenario right now after Embiid. This roster is so dependent on him right now it's scary. As goofy as the 'fake injury, tank season' suggestions might seem at first, they are beginning to make more sense - let the kids show what they have and get a lottery pick, and maybe another by moving Simmons.

Great idea - tank for picks, worked out so well in the past. Maybe they can draft the next Fultz or Okafor.......
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#82 » by Tomjas » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:34 am

TheBallsDeeper wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:
This is incorrect. Embiid is the number 1 option until the last 2 minutes of the game. Just like Shaq. Kobe took over at the end. That’s just the way the nba is these days.

The nba is a wing/guard league in the closing stretches of game. Problem for sixers is they don’t even have a true number 2 option. Harris is the third best player on any championship team. Right now we don’t have a third player who can create his own shot in half court consistently

I'm not sure Harris is even that. Harris showed last year that he isn't capable of being 'the man' in the biggest spots - I'm not saying that as a knock, it just is the way it is. He's a great guy and a nice player who is probably best being a primary option on an average or bad team.

We don't have a go-to option in any playoff scenario right now after Embiid. This roster is so dependent on him right now it's scary. As goofy as the 'fake injury, tank season' suggestions might seem at first, they are beginning to make more sense - let the kids show what they have and get a lottery pick, and maybe another by moving Simmons.

Great idea - tank for picks, worked out so well in the past. Maybe they can draft the next Fultz or Okafor.......

If rumours are to be believed, we could have traded Ben for lottery picks before the draft

And player(s)

And not needed to tank
phillynative
General Manager
And1: 2,739

Post#83 » by phillynative » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:29 am

Lol @ Ben being a 2nd or 3rd option
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,806

Post#84 » by HotelVitale » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:39 pm

"]
mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:

This analysis is correct, but man you all can be ridiculously critical of your squad. Harris played a very good PO last year for a 3rd guy, he did close out some games and he wasn’t up to the task in others and overall his numbers were totally solid for a 3rd guy. He can play off ball or create some on his own and he doesn’t really hurt you anywhere on offense. It’s okay to accept he’s pretty okay at the role he’s supposed to have.

He just can’t fix the other problem that we were talking about before you went for the drunken ‘f ‘em all!’ If we had a decent closer who could create and pass the offense would definitely give us a chance to win a title.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#85 » by Sixerscan » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:45 pm

mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:
kio80 wrote:Neither Ben or Joel is the one, both lack crucial ingredients to win it all.
Ben ain’t it, Joel ain’t it, it’s not that they don’t compliment each other, they just ain’t that good, Embiid is at best a number 2 option with a superstar scoring guard, Ben is at best 2nd or third option with a superstar scoring guard and stretch bigs.
Smartest move is to trade Embiid now, play with the **** roster and let Ben sit, trade him eventually for better assets

I would say Harris is better than the third best player on the 2020 Heat, the Lakers, or the 2021 Suns. You can argue about Jrue, he's probably around the same range.

He's not as good as the 3rd best guys on some of those Warriors or Lebron heat teams but there aren't really big 3s like that at this point outside of Brooklyn (Kyrie pending).
kuclas
General Manager
And1: 3,905

Post#86 » by kuclas » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:59 pm

HotelVitale wrote:"]
mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:

This analysis is correct, but man you all can be ridiculously critical of your squad. Harris played a very good PO last year for a 3rd guy, he did close out some games and he wasn’t up to the task in others and overall his numbers were totally solid for a 3rd guy. He can play off ball or create some on his own and he doesn’t really hurt you anywhere on offense. It’s okay to accept he’s pretty okay at the role he’s supposed to have.

He just can’t fix the other problem that we were talking about before you went for the drunken ‘f ‘em all!’ If we had a decent closer who could create and pass the offense would definitely give us a chance to win a title.

Harris was good season. We simply blew games 4 and 5 vs hawks. Harris made the right play to dump ball off to embiid with 10 seconds left. Embiid had no lift on his shot and bricked the layup he normally makes in game 4. Game 5 we blew a 10 point lead with 3.5 minutes left with hack a ben causing choas (in addition to the bench blowing a 22 point lead end of 3rd/beginning of the 4th quarter that dwindle lead down to 11 points quickly).

That's not on harris. It's on doc rivers.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,902

Post#87 » by mjkvol » Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:42 am

Sixerscan wrote:
mjkvol wrote:
kuclas wrote:

I would say Harris is better than the third best player on the 2020 Heat, the Lakers, or the 2021 Suns. You can argue about Jrue, he's probably around the same range.

He's not as good as the 3rd best guys on some of those Warriors or Lebron heat teams but there aren't really big 3s like that at this point outside of Brooklyn (Kyrie pending).

Good points by everyone. Tell you this, if Harris became more of a willing spot up 3 point shooter who could help in spreading the floor when needed, it would change my view on him. He has improved other aspects of his game, and that would make him an infinitely better fit next to Embiid.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#88 » by rzzzzz » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:51 pm

TheBallsDeeper wrote:Great idea - tank for picks, worked out so well in the past. Maybe they can draft the next Fultz or Okafor.......

Will never forgive Jerry for blocking Sam’s trade of Okafor for Boston’s pick. We probably would have taken Brown with it.

All I can say about Fultz is that despite what is already laid out in the standard contract, it should still be reinforced with a provision penalizing anyone from doing one last flip on the BMX after signing.
JudahMax
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#89 » by JudahMax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:15 pm

Only one thing comes to mind when I read this post and that’s you are one stupid SOB.
JudahMax
Sophomore

Post#90 » by JudahMax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:20 pm

syntax wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:
syntax wrote:Embiid can't even read or pass out of a double team. His turnovers are through the roof. He is an awful playmaker for his usage. Can't co-exist in an offense that isn't just ISO Embiid ball. Ben has shown that, Jimmy has shown that. Good luck winning with Embiid. My guess is picking up basketball at 15 years old doesn't help when developing crucial areas of team play, a skill that can't be taught.
Can you just go away?

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

nah

You should though because you are very very incredibly stupid.

It’s a reason why I don’t post here and it’s because the levels of stupidity that comes from this board from people like yourself truly annoy me. You can tell you come from a long line of generational stupid. It’s genetically inside of you after being passed down from your elder’s.
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#91 » by syntax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:42 pm

JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:Can you just go away?

nah

It’s a reason why I don’t post here and it’s because the levels of stupidity that comes from this board from people like yourself truly annoy me. You can tell you come from a long line of generational stupid. It’s genetically inside of you after being passed down from your elder’s.

A professional NBA scout backing up exactly what I said about Embiid. I'll just leave it at that.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,542

Post#92 » by HartfordWhalers » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:04 pm

JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:

nah

This is so clearly not okay.
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#93 » by DCasey91 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:08 pm

JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:

nah

:noway: Did someone take a dump in your wheaties? Cmon man
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,107

Re: Joel: unchained. 

Post#94 » by Kobblehead » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:13 pm

Lmao, dudes cutting wrestling promos on each other now.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,055

Post#95 » by Sixerscan » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:16 pm

syntax wrote:
JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:
nah

A professional NBA scout backing up exactly what I said about Embiid. I'll just leave it at that.

You mean this video where the guy says he’s the 8th best basketball player in the world?
syntax
Sixth Man
And1: 651

Post#96 » by syntax » Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Sixerscan wrote:
syntax wrote:
JudahMax wrote:

You mean this video where the guy says he’s the 8th best basketball player in the world?

Yep the video which says he is in the 25th percentile for passing/playmaking when defenses load up on him.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#97 » by BullyKing » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:50 pm

JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:

nah

These kind of personal attacks are not allowed. Please ignore the poster if you feel this way but this will not be tolerated.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#98 » by Zumramania » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:55 pm

syntax wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
syntax wrote:

Yep the video which says he is in the 25th percentile for passing/playmaking when defenses load up on him.

I have a hunch this might change a bit when one of his teammates is not a non-threat in the halfcourt offense, but on the other end of that scale. And this is also because he will not get into situations where he has to awkwardly initiate the offense and get double-teamed...I mean he is not a great passer but I think he is better than that 25th percentile and will get better as well.
JudahMax
Sophomore

Post#99 » by JudahMax » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:32 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:
nah

This is so clearly not okay.

I don’t care I’m tired of dumb fans!

The sixers are atop the east again and won 6 in a row! I’m tired of dumb fans bashing this team that’s clearly great. Nothing but a bunch of knee jerk emotional dumb reactions early on after a loss!

Trade embid and Ben both? If that isn’t stupid then what is
JudahMax
Sophomore

Post#100 » by JudahMax » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:33 pm

BullyKing wrote:
JudahMax wrote:
syntax wrote:
nah

These kind of personal attacks are not allowed. Please ignore the poster if you feel this way but this will not be tolerated.

It wasn’t personal it was just fact’s.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers