D
No votes
E
4%

Total votes: 80

Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Re: Welcome to Detroit Cade Cunningham!!! 

Post#101 » by Pharaoh » Mon Aug 30, 2021 4:22 am

vege wrote:

Imagine if he was 6'8
I'm a fan of that channel

That's the most negative vid I've seen about Green.

Like the fact he spent more time on Mitchell than the others since they get enough coverage already.

He seems very high on Cade, as most people are

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM Forums mobile app
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#102 » by zeebneeb » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:16 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
vege wrote:

Imagine if he was 6'8

Like the fact he spent more time on Mitchell than the others since they get enough coverage already.

I think there is a very good reason to be skeptical of Green, as there is a very good reason to be skeptical of bigmen entering the league.

Both bigmen, and gaurds like Green all hope to become Hakeem, or Jordan, and way more often then not, they end up in the Wiggens, and Thompson mold.

On the other hand, skilled players like Cade, have more things going for them, with a much higher skill cap.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#103 » by DBC10 » Wed Sep 1, 2021 6:53 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
vege wrote:

Imagine if he was 6'8

I think there is a very good reason to be skeptical of Green, as there is a very good reason to be skeptical of bigmen entering the league.

Both bigmen, and gaurds like Green all hope to become Hakeem, or Jordan, and way more often then not, they end up in the Wiggens, and Thompson mold.

On the other hand, skilled players like Cade, have more things going for them, with a much higher skill cap.

Agreed. I mean that's just the way the league is trending towards right now. There's a reason why there isn't a dominate SG or PF leading the charts in the MVP ladder in many, many years. You have to be mutli-faceted in every part of your game and exceptional like Giannis, Luka, Jokic, Embiid to break out of the mold of being just a hustle 3 and D guy that many of these usual SGs and PF/C's are. That's a tall ask of anyone

If Green can be a high class version of Wiggins, I think Houston is in fairly good shape. But obviously for him to be billed for the hype, he needs to be much more than that though
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#104 » by Manocad » Thu Sep 2, 2021 1:57 am

Yeah, that was almost literally 5 minutes on Mitchell, 2 minutes on Cade, and a minute and a half on Green.

Mitchell was my pick if the Pistons fell out of the top 4. Plus the kid's got a great last name.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#105 » by whitehops » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:38 pm

Turns out there is a 70 minute documentary on Cunningham's life up to now being released October 2nd (at least the first segment) by Overtime Films. Here's a link to the article: https://theathletic.com/2842357/2021/09/22/cade-cunningham-justin-fields-and-the-new-overtime-docs-that-give-an-inside-look-at-rising-stars-of-pro-sports/

Here's the trailer for the Justin Fields video they released:
Read on Twitter

Should be a pretty cool watch! It'll be available on YouTube.
tradez401
Starter
And1: 617

Post#106 » by tradez401 » Sat Oct 2, 2021 4:28 pm

for anybody thats interested.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 6,885

Post#107 » by tmorgan » Sat Oct 2, 2021 10:19 pm

Great video.
tradez401
Starter

Post#108 » by tradez401 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:14 pm

episode 2 if anybody didnt catch it yet like myself.
bkseven
Sixth Man
And1: 235

Post#109 » by bkseven » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:17 pm

Is there going to be a “Where the hell is Cade Cunningham?” Thread soon
Manocad
RealGM

Post#110 » by Manocad » Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:29 pm

bkseven wrote:Is there going to be a “Where the hell is Cade Cunningham?” Thread soon

Absolutely. You can't just decide to hold your consensus #1 draft pick, face of the franchise rookie out of four preseason games in two weeks' time over a rolled ankle. PEOPLE NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE!!!
tradez401
Starter

Post#111 » by tradez401 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:27 pm

whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,500

Post#112 » by whitehops » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:01 am

one thing i really like about cade so far is that he is getting EXACTLY where he wants on the court.

he shot terribly to start the year but this shows where his ATTEMPTS are from. there's virtually no mid-range and a heavy dose of threes or shots in the paint. compare that to two elite players:

the volume is a little different but the main thing is that cade has the ability to get deep into the paint seemingly whenever he tries to. he doesn't even have many fast break points to bloat his attempts in the paint.

ladies and gentlemen, we got a good one.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#113 » by Manocad » Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:28 am

So are the two people who voted the pick an E going to fess up? Because I’d love to hear the logic.
SamFlow
Pro Prospect
And1: 199

Post#114 » by SamFlow » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:42 pm

Overall happy with the pick and early returns. Wasn't happy to hear he's 2 inches shorter than listed. But looks good, team leader, floor general, nba doesn't look to fast for him. a poor mans luca, which is still really good. Might not be a superstar, but will be a all star at some point.
BigDaddyJungle
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,752

Post#115 » by Snakebites » Sat Nov 20, 2021 2:53 pm

If you exclude those first 2 god-awful games (write them off as his preseason) then he’s averaging 16.7 ppg on 40% shooting and 33% from the three point line.

Still inefficient but that’s par for the course for a rookie perimeter player. I’d like to see his percentages go up and he needs to get to the line more if he’s going to be our main offensive weapon, but it’s a sufficiently impressive start.

He’d benefit from benching Killian. I know, I know.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 10,637

Post#116 » by zeebneeb » Sat Nov 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Snakebites wrote:If you exclude those first 2 god-awful games (write them off as his preseason) then he’s averaging 16.7 ppg on 40% shooting and 33% from the three point line.

Still inefficient but that’s par for the course for a rookie perimeter player. I’d like to see his percentages go up and he needs to get to the line more if he’s going to be our main offensive weapon, but it’s a sufficiently impressive start.

Disagree with only the last part.

He'd benefit from removing Grant from the starting lineup.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#117 » by DBC10 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:07 pm

zeebneeb wrote:
Snakebites wrote:If you exclude those first 2 god-awful games (write them off as his preseason) then he’s averaging 16.7 ppg on 40% shooting and 33% from the three point line.

I'm surprised to see you souring on Grant this early. Even though I know where you're coming from in terms of him taking shots away from Cade and the young guys.

I think he's still steady enough to not be a net negative. I wish he was more spot up shooter oriented instead of going for those mid range shots that teams are giving him
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#118 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:11 pm

Because he didn't have a training camp or preseason, I'm really interested to see how Cade's splits look month to month.

From Nov to Dec I'd hope we see less turnovers, more assists, and a higher FG%. Those should really all almost be a given but I'm hoping we see some significant growth there in his game from November stats to March stats.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,039

Post#119 » by bstein14 » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:14 pm

zeebneeb wrote:

It will be interesting to see how Frank and Cade pair in the starting backcourt together. Frank pretty much go to start there when Cade was out but I actually think those two would make an interesting pair as starters, IF and ONLY IF Frank is hitting those 3s. Cade has made several really nice penetration drives to kick out to 3 point shooters lately and Frank could really benefit from those open catch and shoot looks. I think they both could average about 18 PPG paired together, if Frank is hitting those shots.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#120 » by vege » Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:23 pm

bstein14 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how Frank and Cade pair in the starting backcourt together. Frank pretty much go to start there when Cade was out but I actually think those two would make an interesting pair as starters, IF and ONLY IF Frank is hitting those 3s. Cade has made several really nice penetration drives to kick out to 3 point shooters lately and Frank could really benefit from those open catch and shoot looks. I think they both could average about 18 PPG paired together, if Frank is hitting those shots.

Me and a few others posted before the start of the season, that we would like them both starting together, and that's exactly the reason.

Our starting line up should've been Cade/Frank/Bey/Grant/KO. That would've been a solid team.

Hayes and especially Stewart have no business starting, they're hurting the rest of the team.

I was wrong about Garza tho, I thought he would be luck to ever play in a NBA game, and he proved he could have a solid career as a 10 mins backup. He could have a much better career than Psycho T for example.

The main reason for this thread is, imagine if Cade was 6'8.

Seriously, I can't believe there are people who still bring his height and try to make a serious post. :banghead:

Ben Wallace was what? 6'6? He should be removed from the HoF because of that, how dare you sell us a lie NBA!!!!!!!!! Ben Wallace was listed as 6'8 and I want to watch a 6'8 player!!!!!!!!!! I want my money back.

Return to Detroit Pistons