ImageImageImage

2021-22 Dynasty Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - MrMiyagi, Qwigglez, Terovibe, Stix, Wordsenuff 

Post#341 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:47 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I'll take Obi Toppin

I saw his name scrolling in one of the other drafts and had no idea he wasn't protected here. Kind of weird..he was like the #1 pick last year in the draft. Thibs also only liked playing him at the 4 when Julius Randle sat and Randle played 38 mpg so he just couldn't get a lot of minutes. Nice to get a guy that went #1 overall last yer in the 5th round...like what, the 70th pick or something?

He showed absolutely nothing last year and all respect to DesertFox but Toppin should not have been #1. This pick is fine but only for a team that is rebuilding. Any other team and uh, yeah, maybe some better options still out there.

I know he did nothing but he likely will in the future, and yeah, a rebuilding team. I didn't think he should have gone #1 either. I had a number of players above him for fantasy...at least Wiseman, Ball, Hayes, Haliburton and Avdija...seems like there was someone else..maybe Edwards.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,164

Post#342 » by bigfoot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:48 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I saw his name scrolling in one of the other drafts and had no idea he wasn't protected here. Kind of weird..he was like the #1 pick last year in the draft. Thibs also only liked playing him at the 4 when Julius Randle sat and Randle played 38 mpg so he just couldn't get a lot of minutes. Nice to get a guy that went #1 overall last yer in the 5th round...like what, the 70th pick or something?

He showed absolutely nothing last year and all respect to DesertFox but Toppin should not have been #1. This pick is fine but only for a team that is rebuilding. Any other team and uh, yeah, maybe some better options still out there.

My board last year was LaMelo and Wiseman in that order. I figured Wiseman would go number 1 and was surprised to see Toppin picked. I watched a ton of LaMelo playing in the Aussie league and he kinda had that Luka swagger about him. Young and playing against older and more physically mature players.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#343 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:52 am

bigfoot wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

My board last year was LaMelo and Wiseman in that order. I figured Wiseman would go number 1 and was surprised to see Toppin picked. I watched a ton of LaMelo playing in the Aussie league and he kinda had that Luka swagger about him. Young and playing against older and more physically mature players.

I think I had 3rd and I really wanted Wiseman. I needed blocks. But I figured him and LaMelo would for sure go 1/2 so I started talking myself into Hayes, so much so that when Wiseman slipped to 3 I still took Hayes, which in hindsight, was probably dumb, though he spent the year injured.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - Qwigglez, Terovibe, Stix, Wordsenuff 

Post#344 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:17 am

I think the dude's got talent. He'll get a bit more opportunity this year, but I think the Knicks might make a move and he seems like the prime piece to move. I thought about grabbing someone else, but I'll have a few roster spots open after the draft with Fultz out and Zion out early. I figured Toppin might be on someone's radar as a late-round flier, so I decided to just lock him up.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,339

Post#345 » by sunskerr » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:36 am

At this point it's just a statistical crap shoot. Like I picked Hachimura because he's starting and it's his 3rd year so maybe he breaks out and gets 18 ppg or something. Probably not but if he does then great.

Imo it's more fun to be in a position where you can just swing for the fking fences like Miyagi. It's also still really unlikely to hit on all your draft picks even if you target guys who are "safer". Like, what are the odds I could pull off the equivalent of last year hitting on DiVincenzo/Boucher/Anderson/Plumlee? Close to 0? If instead you draft 5 guys who have higher upside and just 1 of them breaks out, that's probably more valuable for your team's future than all 4 of those guys I listed (case in point: none of those guys are on my roster anymore).
bigfoot

Post#346 » by bigfoot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:52 am

sunskerr wrote:At this point it's just a statistical crap shoot. Like I picked Hachimura because he's starting and it's his 3rd year so maybe he breaks out and gets 18 ppg or something. Probably not but if he does then great.

Imo it's more fun to be in a position where you can just swing for the fking fences like Miyagi. It's also still really unlikely to hit on all your draft picks even if you target guys who are "safer". Like, what are the odds I could pull off the equivalent of last year hitting on DiVincenzo/Boucher/Anderson/Plumlee? Close to 0? If instead you draft 5 guys who have higher upside and just 1 of them breaks out, that's probably more valuable for your team's future than all 4 of those guys I listed (case in point: none of those guys are on my roster anymore).

Yeah, I've been drafting safe with Green, Plumlee, and Batum. Gonna swing for the fences with my last pick ... got a few youngsters in mind still on the board.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#347 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:24 am

sunskerr wrote:At this point it's just a statistical crap shoot. Like I picked Hachimura because he's starting and it's his 3rd year so maybe he breaks out and gets 18 ppg or something. Probably not but if he does then great.

Yeah, I drafted Hayes and Poku and maybe someone else, but then got Holmes in the 2nd round (or maybe 3rd) of the draft (steal) and picked up Saddiq Bey, so I didn't do bad. Tried a few other rooks like Maledon and Hampton, so it's hit or miss. Was happy to get Bane so late in this draft though. Kind of surprised.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,166

Post#348 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:42 am

Plus I feel like it's more fun to look into the younger players, watch some of their games, get the daily updates on how they're doing.

But also I was getting bogged down by Hayward and Durant injuries (hopefully Zion isn't chronically hurt and Wiseman gets healthy too), so the change of pace has been nice.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bigfoot

Post#349 » by bigfoot » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 am

MrMiyagi wrote:

Plus I feel like it's more fun to look into the younger players, watch some of their games, get the daily updates on how they're doing.

But also I was getting bogged down by Hayward and Durant injuries (hopefully Zion isn't chronically hurt and Wiseman gets healthy too), so the change of pace has been nice.

Zion has to get his weight under control. I just don't think his body is capable of carrying it long-term. One of the reasons I was willing to trade him.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,637

Post#350 » by Qwigglez » Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:56 am

Sorry for the delay, I’ll take Caruso. Probably a stupid pick, but hoping he can thrive in Chicago.
Terovibe
Sophomore
And1: 54

Post#351 » by Terovibe » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:09 am

Chris duarte. Never heard of hi so , its a great pick.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,453

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - Stix, Wordsenuf, 8on, dmastro, weeka 

Post#352 » by Stix » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:00 pm

Coby White
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,376

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - wordsenuff, 8on, dmasatro32,WG, wheezy, Slim 

Post#353 » by Golanator » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:07 pm

wordsenuff wrote:otc
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - Stix, Wordsenuf, 8on, dmastro, weeka 

Post#354 » by bwgood77 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:11 pm

via PM, wordsenuff takes Ricky Rubio
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - 8on, dmastro, weekapaug, wheezy, slim Desert Fox, bigfoot 

Post#355 » by 8on » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:17 pm

Isaac Okoro
dmastro32 wrote:I am up!
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 502

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread weekapaug, wheezy, charless 

Post#356 » by dmastro32 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:26 pm

Will get him back again this year Cam Johnson

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Your turn
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,148

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - wheezy, Kyler, DesertFox 

Post#357 » by Slim Charless » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:41 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#358 » by Desertfox » Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:30 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I figured he was the most "ready" player in the draft and going to a rebuilding team he was going to see alot of playing time. Of course Randle blew up. Then this year I have a contending team so dropped him and kept Aaron Gordon, then made a big trade to contend, so my picks have been mainly focus on players that can help now.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Dynasty 21-22 Draft Thread - Weekapaug, wheezy, Slim, Desert Fox, bigfoot, Golanator, bwgood77, sunskerr 

Post#359 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:14 am

My bad guys, day got away from me. I'll go Otto Porter

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#360 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:29 am

Desertfox wrote:
sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I figured he was the most "ready" player in the draft and going to a rebuilding team he was going to see alot of playing time. Of course Randle blew up. Then this year I have a contending team so dropped him and kept Aaron Gordon, then made a big trade to contend, so my picks have been mainly focus on players that can help now.

Oh yeah...looking at your team even without the trade it's surprising you had the #1 pick last year. Can't believe you got LeBron and CP3 for Capela and Jerami Grant, who I don't even think was protected. That's almost as lopsided as the trade last year.

Return to Phoenix Suns