ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#1 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:29 pm

Previous thread reached 100 pages;

Continued from:
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=2070328&start=1980
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Morris_Shatford
Senior Mod - Raptors
Senior Mod - Raptors
And1: 5,441

Re: 2021-22 Season: Draft, Trades, and FA Ideas Thread 

Post#2 » by Morris_Shatford » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:32 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:So is Dragic to Dallas gonna happen?

Powell
Trey Burke
Josh Green

for

Dragic

Green can take Dragic place in the rotation if he's ready or can be stuck in the 905 for a couple seasons.

I think the panic behind the potential Dallas deal was that Dragic may not report and may have been bought out;
With Dragic in camp and seemingly interested in contributing, I think we can do better around the deadline were the majority of the salary will have already been paid and the option to flip him for an expiring and stuff is more likely to present itself.

There is no sense in doing Dallas a favour in eating the second year of Powells deal and the PO (all be it small) associated with Burke just to get Green at this point.
Thanks to Turbozone for the Sig!
Spida888
Sixth Man
And1: 1,474

Post#3 » by Spida888 » Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:53 pm

Morris_Shatford wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:So is Dragic to Dallas gonna happen?

Powell
Trey Burke
Josh Green

for

Dragic

Green can take Dragic place in the rotation if he's ready or can be stuck in the 905 for a couple seasons.

I think the panic behind the potential Dallas deal was that Dragic may not report and may have been bought out;
With Dragic in camp and seemingly interested in contributing, I think we can do better around the deadline were the majority of the salary will have already been paid and the option to flip him for an expiring and stuff is more likely to present itself.

There is no sense in doing Dallas a favour in eating the second year of Powells deal and the PO (all be it small) associated with Burke just to get Green at this point.

I would do it if they replace Burke with Brown. Brown is a taller C prospect which we need. Burke would be a headache with his vaccine situation so we'd probably just waive him anyways.

If Dallas is willing to send a FRP our way I'll give them Boucher as well :).
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#4 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:28 am

tyrell terry was cut from the mavs. i want him on the 905
JShuttlesworth
General Manager
And1: 12,813

Post#5 » by JShuttlesworth » Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:45 pm

I wonder if the Suns would trade either of Ayton or Bridges.
alpngso
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,325

Post#6 » by alpngso » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Giles is FA. Raps fans dream can come true!

sign the failed injury-marred prospect who hasnt done anything in the league and hope for the best
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,147

Post#7 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:18 pm

alpngso wrote:Giles is FA. Raps fans dream can come true!

sign the failed injury-marred prospect who hasnt done anything in the league and hope for the best

I would take a flyer on him. Ciao ciao Dekker/Bonga problem LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642

Post#8 » by LoveMyRaps » Sun Oct 17, 2021 3:29 am

New lineups:

Dragic/Milton/Maxey
Green/Korkmaz
Warren/Thybulle
Harris/Boucher
Embiid/Drummond

Brogdon/McConnell
Lamb/Duarte
LeVert/Holiday
Simmons/Craig
Sabonis/Bitadze

Barnes/Flynn/Curry
FVV/Trent
OG/Watanabe
Siakam/Achiuwa
Turner/Birch

Why 76ers do it?
- Simmons wants out, duh.
- 76ers get another legit wing to pair with the addition of Warren
- Obtain some more veteran leadership with the addition of Dragic, who can also help Milton & Maxey take that next step
- Bolster their front court depth which has been their greatness weakness in years past w/ the addition of Boucher
- Solid options at the PG position: Milton, Maxey, Dragic - All 3 point guards that can actually shoot
- Green can play at his natural position which is SG (same position he's had his best seasons in). He's not suited to play SF.
- All 3 of Warren, Boucher, & Dragic are expiring contracts which gives 76ers a lot of cap flexibility next off-season, where they can sign a star free agent to team up with Embiid

Why Raptors do it?
- Sell high on Boucher & trade Dragic which is inevitable to happen
- Obtain Myles Turner with 2 years of command, giving us another young big with a ton of potential to develop
- Turner is a terrific fit on this team, a big that can shoot well and defend at an elite level.
- Team adds even more length because that's our identity
- Turner fits the age group of this team
- Allows the Raptors to retool
- Bonus: And who knows maybe Steph decides to join his brother on the Raptors and finish off his career in Toronto like their dad :lol:

Why Pacers do it?
- They can finally move on from the Sabonis/Turner frontcourt which just doesn't seem to work
- They address their biggest weakness which is defense by acquiring arguably the best perimeter defender in the league
- They were a borderline .500 team last season without Warren, so they won't miss him much. Especially when you consider that they acquired LeVert to fill in for him and he averaged 21/5/5 in the 35 games he played for the Pacers
- Lamb is a better fit next to Brogdon/Simmons in the backcourt because he doesn't need to be a ball handler like Warren
- Sabonis/Simmons gives them two legit stars (both only 25y/o) to build around
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
MessiahUjiri
Analyst
And1: 3,714

Post#9 » by MessiahUjiri » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:13 am

The Warriors are clearly in it to win it, but they have a couple of holes: They have no capable backup PG, Klay might miss games due to load management, and they need help at the 4/5.

The Raptors want to win later, and they’re looking to get future oriented assets.

The trade:
Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga, Moses Moody (+ salary filler)

for

Gary Trent Jr, Chris Boucher, Goran Dragic, Malachi Flynn

New look:

Steph / Flynn / (Dragic)
Trent Jr / Dragic / Poole
Klay / Porter Jr / Iguodala
Dray / Boucher / (Porter Jr)
Wiseman / Looney / (Boucher)

They become a more dynamic backcourt, with pieces that complement their core. Trent is good for 16-18ppg, Dragic is good for 12-15ppg, and Boucher is good for 15 and 7. Flynn is a capable young backup as Steph ages out and plays fewer minutes.

Instead of star chasing, I think this makes more rational sense. They get help now, and they retain Wiseman as a prospect. Trent (23 years old) and Flynn (also 23 years old) are young players under contract for multiple seasons.

For the Raptors, Wiggins is a hometown kid who gets another shot at delivering on his promise. Moody and Kuminga are both great prospects as they load up on a core that can compete in 2-3 years.

Raps:

Fred / Scottie / Banton
Wiggins / Moody
Anunoby / (Scottie) / Watanabe
Siakam / Kuminga /
Birch / Achiuwa

Backup PG is a little weak, but we get a net upgrade by letting go of Flynn. Scottie and Banton can hold it down for 12-15 mins.

Nurse can unlock so many crazy lineups with this roster (or package them for a future trade).

I can hear Masai salivating.
Fire everyone who doesn't win the NBA championship.

Tank for 2050. Robot players.

AbeVigodaLive wrote:NZ native, Steven Adams, was initially cast as Gandalf in Lord in the Rings... until Director Peter Jackson replaced him with a younger looking actor.
Spida888
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by Spida888 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:51 am

MessiahUjiri wrote:The Warriors are clearly in it to win it, but they have a couple of holes: They have no capable backup PG, Klay might miss games due to load management, and they need help at the 4/5.

The Raptors want to win later, and they’re looking to get future oriented assets.

The trade:

for

New look:

Steph / Flynn / (Dragic)

They become a more dynamic backcourt, with pieces that complement their core. Trent is good for 16-18ppg, Dragic is good for 12-15ppg, and Boucher is good for 15 and 7. Flynn is a capable young backup as Steph ages out and plays fewer minutes.

Instead of star chasing, I think this makes more rational sense. They get help now, and they retain Wiseman as a prospect. Trent (23 years old) and Flynn (also 23 years old) are young players under contract for multiple seasons.

For the Raptors, Wiggins is a hometown kid who gets another shot at delivering on his promise. Moody and Kuminga are both great prospects as they load up on a core that can compete in 2-3 years.

Raps:

Fred / Scottie / Banton
Wiggins / Moody
Siakam / Kuminga /
Birch / Achiuwa

Backup PG is a little weak, but we get a net upgrade by letting go of Flynn. Scottie and Banton can hold it down for 12-15 mins.

Nurse can unlock so many crazy lineups with this roster (or package them for a future trade).

I would love this trade for the Raps but don’t think that’s enough value for GSW unless Trent starts off looking really good and GSW rooks aren’t looking so hot.

Probably had a better chance if Wigs was still unvaccinated causing him to miss home games. Yet that’s resolved now.
sogood
Analyst
And1: 5,095

Post#11 » by sogood » Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:10 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:Image

New lineups:

Dragic/Milton/Maxey
Green/Korkmaz
Warren/Thybulle
Harris/Boucher
Embiid/Drummond

Brogdon/McConnell
Lamb/Duarte
LeVert/Holiday
Simmons/Craig
Sabonis/Bitadze

Barnes/Flynn/Curry
FVV/Trent
OG/Watanabe
Siakam/Achiuwa
Turner/Birch

Why 76ers do it?
- Simmons wants out, duh.
- 76ers get another legit wing to pair with the addition of Warren
- Obtain some more veteran leadership with the addition of Dragic, who can also help Milton & Maxey take that next step
- Bolster their front court depth which has been their greatness weakness in years past w/ the addition of Boucher
- Solid options at the PG position: Milton, Maxey, Dragic - All 3 point guards that can actually shoot
- Green can play at his natural position which is SG (same position he's had his best seasons in). He's not suited to play SF.
- All 3 of Warren, Boucher, & Dragic are expiring contracts which gives 76ers a lot of cap flexibility next off-season, where they can sign a star free agent to team up with Embiid

Why Raptors do it?
- Sell high on Boucher & trade Dragic which is inevitable to happen
- Obtain Myles Turner with 2 years of command, giving us another young big with a ton of potential to develop
- Turner is a terrific fit on this team, a big that can shoot well and defend at an elite level.
- Team adds even more length because that's our identity
- Turner fits the age group of this team
- Allows the Raptors to retool
- Bonus: And who knows maybe Steph decides to join his brother on the Raptors and finish off his career in Toronto like their dad :lol:

Why Pacers do it?
- They can finally move on from the Sabonis/Turner frontcourt which just doesn't seem to work
- They address their biggest weakness which is defense by acquiring arguably the best perimeter defender in the league
- They were a borderline .500 team last season without Warren, so they won't miss him much. Especially when you consider that they acquired LeVert to fill in for him and he averaged 21/5/5 in the 35 games he played for the Pacers
- Lamb is a better fit next to Brogdon/Simmons in the backcourt because he doesn't need to be a ball handler like Warren
- Sabonis/Simmons gives them two legit stars (both only 25y/o) to build around

Philly and Pacers would cut out the Raps so fast, your head would spin.

We're stealing value here.
Rapsfan07
RealGM
And1: 5,413

Post#12 » by Rapsfan07 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm

MessiahUjiri wrote:The Warriors are clearly in it to win it, but they have a couple of holes: They have no capable backup PG, Klay might miss games due to load management, and they need help at the 4/5.

The trade:

for

New look:

Steph / Flynn / (Dragic)

Raps:

Fred / Scottie / Banton
Wiggins / Moody
Siakam / Kuminga /
Birch / Achiuwa

I'd probably re-work the deal to look like this:

Andrew Wiggins, Jonathan Kuminga, Moses Moody, James Wiseman

for

Pascal Siakam, Chris Boucher, Goran Dragic

Raps:

Vanvleet/Flynn/Barnes
Wiggins/Trent Jr/Moody/Mykhailiuk
Anunoby/Kuminga
Barnes/Kuminga/Precious
Birch/Wisemen/Precious

GSW:

Curry/Thompson/Green/Siakam/Poole
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,490

Post#13 » by Bruin » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:31 pm

Wonder what it would take. Siakam for Ayton would be interesting as it helps them contend now and gets us another good piece that fits our timeline

Read on Twitter
?s=21
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#14 » by ash_k » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:44 pm

PrinceAli wrote:Wonder what it would take. Siakam for Ayton would be interesting as it helps them contend now and gets us another good piece that fits our timeline

Read on Twitter
?s=21

plus Ayton's Biological father is Edward Egerue a Nigerian of Igbo descent.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
Van_Trump
Veteran
And1: 1,266

Post#15 » by Van_Trump » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:05 pm

https://fadeawayworld.net/nba-trade-rumors/nba-rumors-atlanta-hawks-could-acquire-pascal-siakam-for-5-players-and-two-picks

It seems 99% of the time, when they say "Trade Rumors" they mean "Speculation"

Well, at least it wasn't for OG this time.
HumbleRen
RealGM
And1: 22,975

Post#16 » by HumbleRen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:21 pm

Give me Poetl over Ayton at fraction the cost.
DreamTeam09
RealGM
And1: 8,527

Post#17 » by DreamTeam09 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:26 pm

HumbleRen wrote:Give me Poetl over Ayton at fraction the cost.

That makes no sense as Ayton is better than Jakob at everything basketball related

In Raptor Ball I Trust
arbsn
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,626

Post#18 » by arbsn » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:41 pm

I’d do Siakam + 2 (top 10 protected) FRP for Ayton + Filler (Crowder and Saric)

Ayton fills our biggest need and is one of the best blue chip prospects in the league.

That being said he’s getting a big payday (max?) next year
C-R-E-A-M-
Senior
And1: 790

Post#19 » by C-R-E-A-M- » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 pm

Sexton didnt get extended. I dont think Cavs would pay him, could be a trade prospect at the deadline
Spida888
Sixth Man

Post#20 » by Spida888 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 pm

PHX looks pretty thin at the center position. Pretty much they'll eventually re-sign him, he's a really good player.

That said, I can understand why PHX is hesitant to give him the max. Right now, he's close to the 3rd best player on a championship team. A contract with incentives that can help him reach the max is fair though - he'll continue to improve.

Return to Toronto Raptors