Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,225

Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Nwora in protocols 

Post#1 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:16 am

Other thread maxed out
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
raferfenix
RealGM
And1: 3,526

Re: Bucks News, Trade Ideas, Transactions - Grayson Extended - 2/$20 million 

Post#2 » by raferfenix » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:39 am

I think Allen knowingly took a discount to lock in the Bucks’ commitment to him as the starting SG.

Grayson is going to tear it up this year.

He didn’t make as big a sacrifice as Bobby did but I don’t think there will be any doubt that Allen could have earned more next summer after he shows what he can do with all the wide open 3’s Giannis provides.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#3 » by FlagsFlyForever » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:25 am

There's something to be said about Hill coming back and guys like Giannis, Portis, Allen who have options willingly re-signing here. Players have publicly given Horst credit for the team culture, but it starts at the top with ownership.
Read on Twitter
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#4 » by drew881 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:34 am

I don’t think Allen is going to have big numbers. He’ll get 20 some nights and 5 the next depending on where the ball goes and the match ups. So I think this was a good contract on both sides. I’m more psyched because Horst now has Donte’s balls in a vise. No bidding against yourself Gooden contracts to be given out here.
drew881
RealGM
And1: 4,972

Post#5 » by drew881 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:35 am

FlagsFlyForever wrote:There's something to be said about Hill coming back and guys like Giannis, Portis, Allen who have options willingly re-signing here. Players have publicly given Horst credit for the team culture, but it starts at the top with ownership.

I think it starts with Giannis being here and signing here.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:12 am

That’s a fantastic contract for the Bucks. No long term risk. And a good trading contract due to size and short length.

Have to figure Allen wanted lifetime security and knows he’ll get massive open looks here.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#7 » by HurricaneKid » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:21 am

I'm more than a little surprised. I think it means at least one of Donte and BroLo is on their way out after this year, quite possibly both. Sure it means Donte's options are pretty dire. But it also means there's a big bill coming and anyone not locked up is gonna have a tough time getting much more from the owners. And there are more than a few guys who thought they were getting a bag next summer (Patty, DD, Portis,etc).

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,692

Post#8 » by Pachinko_ » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:08 am

I like Grayson (I have no opinion on what happened in College, I wasn't watching)
But he is a true shooting guard, more so than Donte, and we needed that. Donte will shoot with no hesitation when open, which is great, but Allen has the ability to take it one step further and create or even force reasonable efficiency shots, if needed. And it will be needed at times when everything else grinds to a halt. Starting five is now really really hard to defend.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#9 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:12 am

This pretty much spells the end of Donte right?

They won't double up at SG when they have center to figure out next year right?
#FreeChuckDiesel
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#10 » by Jez2983 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:39 am

This is rad. Great job Horts.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
CharityStripe34
General Manager
And1: 5,722

Post#11 » by CharityStripe34 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:42 am

They must really love what they see with Allen as a floor-spacer and willing defender. Good deal for both sides.

I also think a couple of guys may be allowed to walk next year (Brook, Donte, Bobby, etc.) if they're looking for giant money.
"Wes, Hill, Ibaka, Allen, Nwora, Brook, Pat, Ingles, Khris are all slow-mo, injury prone ... a sandcastle waiting for playoff wave to get wrecked. A castle with no long-range archers... is destined to fall. That is all I have to say."-- FOTIS
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#12 » by old skool » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:56 am

For me, the big unknown is who does Horst have in his crosshairs as a potential mid season acquisition? Horst has added a playoff rotation player mid-season in each of the last three seasons. So far those players, Mirotic, Marvin Williams, and PJ, have all left the team. If Horst deals a higher profile player like DiVincenzo, it might be for a player who the Bucks retain for 2021-22.

Big picture, the Bucks have committed to Antetokounmpo that they will stay competitive while he is on the team. They can't do that without adding some key pieces as Lopez, and eventually Holiday and Middleton age. Presumably, those additions will have to be up and coming players on value contracts and ring chasing vets on team friendly deals. With a luxury tax bill north of $41-million this season and facing the challenge of a hard cap, Horst will have to be thinking multiple moves ahead at all times. As long as they have the superstar that is Giannis, I think they have to keep adding payroll and incurring a huge tax bill.
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#13 » by old skool » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:58 am

And the trade for Allen, followed by the contract extension, looks exactly like Horst is thinking multiple moves ahead.
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,516

Post#14 » by drone3 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:00 am

What does Donte get us in a trade?
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,220

Post#15 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:02 am

old skool wrote:And the trade for Allen, followed by the contract extension, looks exactly like Horst is thinking multiple moves ahead.

I also think he's going to keep his eyes open for the right situation. As stuff unfolds during the course of the season, "I don't want to be here" kinda stuff happens and someone unexpectedly could become available.

I do like that he tweaks the roster mid-season. The third try was really the final touch. It reminds me exactly of bringing in andre rison for the Packers in 96.

I wish we could borrow tucker again but ONLY for the Brooklyn series.
#FreeChuckDiesel
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,710

Post#16 » by AussieBuck » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:23 am

HKPackFan wrote:This pretty much spells the end of Donte right?

Nah, Donte is the third guard. The three of them can cover both guard spots. Donte is still super valuable as the guy who can guard PGs when Jrue is off hunting a SG or SF.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#17 » by RiotPunch » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:25 am

HKPackFan wrote:This pretty much spells the end of Donte right?

Not necessarily. Price still might be right in the end.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 23,557

Post#18 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:55 pm

By the time BroLo's current deal runs out , he'll have made over $150 milllion in career earnings. I'm betting he'll be fine with taking the Bobby deal (2-yrs $9 million with a PO) given his age and how much he's appreciated and loved here (well, Milwaukee....not RealGM). Just roll with him until the wheels fall off.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,750

Post#19 » by tydett » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:01 pm

Bucks are in a unique position. If the Bucks can run it back (or come reasonably close), the only other teams that are in their stratosphere are relying on guys going into their mid/late-30s with much less sure roster construction around them. The Bucks, if all breaks go their way, could be looking at a 4 year title window. You just hope the ownership is willing to accept the short-term financial losses that would come with using the salary cap rules to their full potential for the long term gains (although, as our owners surely know from Economics 101, in the long run we're all dead).
WRau1
RealGM
And1: 5,144

Post#20 » by WRau1 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:02 pm

Very good contract, I don't see this as DD's end though. Allen and DD are both ideal role players and you can never have enough of those guys around your star(s). Hopefully, DD takes a similar contract.
#FreeChuckDiesel
#FreeNowak008
#FreeNewz

Return to Milwaukee Bucks