And1: 11

Re: 2021 G-League Draft Thread - Stix & Jones, CK 

Post#282 » by mrhunt » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:15 am

Khem Birch
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,930

Re: 2021 G-League Fantasy Basketball Draft Thread - Calvin Klein, Stix & Jones, KD354, Qwigglez, miami4ever 

Post#283 » by zimpy27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:41 am

Calvin Klein wrote:you're the last
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Re: 2021 G-League Fantasy Basketball Draft Thread - Calvin Klein, Stix & Jones, KD354, Qwigglez, miami4ever 

Post#284 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:00 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Calvin Klein wrote:you're the last

It's funny, the G league has never finished their draft thread before the Premier league. This one is awfully close.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 7,561

Re: 2021 G-League Draft Thread - Calvin Klein 

Post#285 » by Calvin Klein » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:37 am

DORT

Sent from my SM-A515F using RealGM mobile app
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2021 G-League Draft Thread - Complete 

Post#286 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:58 pm

Now that draft is done, set your lineups. All of your players have been set to the bench as of today, so you need to move the into the starting slots.

Then you can change the day at the top of the page and it will show who has games that day and you can re-arrange your lineup. Then you can change it to the next day and set it for them, and you can keep doing this as far as you want in advance.

I typically set in advance for about a week and on last day I set, I make sure to have my worst players in the bench spots in case I forget to go back and change before the last day I set. Unfortunately in the past have left a star on the bench and he's had a monster game.

If you pick up a FA or someone off waiver, it may screw up your lineup for all days forward after that which you previously set, so you will need to double check in one spot it placed the player you picked up and if it moved someone to the bench. And if you make a change for example, on the 3rd day you previously set, it will change the roster pre-set for the days going forward so you will need to check that too.

Please ask any questions on the thread.

Calvin Klein wrote:CK Jazzmasters

mrhunt wrote:Stix and Jones

KD354MVPBOI wrote:.

Qwigglez wrote:.

miami4ever wrote:

Dirk wrote:.

dmastro32 wrote:DBook in Ur Mouth

coldbyfletch wrote: Roadhouse

zimpy27 wrote:.

TASTIC wrote:.

jamaalstar21 wrote:.

8on wrote:.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#287 » by zimpy27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Now that draft is done, set your lineups. All of your players have been set to the bench as of today, so you need to move the into the starting slots.

Then you can change the day at the top of the page and it will show who has games that day and you can re-arrange your lineup. Then you can change it to the next day and set it for them, and you can keep doing this as far as you want in advance.

I typically set in advance for about a week and on last day I set, I make sure to have my worst players in the bench spots in case I forget to go back and change before the last day I set. Unfortunately in the past have left a star on the bench and he's had a monster game.

If you pick up a FA or someone off waiver, it may screw up your lineup for all days forward after that which you previously set, so you will need to double check in one spot it placed the player you picked up and if it moved someone to the bench. And if you make a change for example, on the 3rd day you previously set, it will change the roster pre-set for the days going forward so you will need to check that too.

How does the IL work?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#288 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:53 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Now that draft is done, set your lineups. All of your players have been set to the bench as of today, so you need to move the into the starting slots.

How does the IL work?

If someone has IR or Out next to their name, you can put them in an IL slot. If they are out due to COVID, DTD, etc, they can go to IL+

To move them there just move them like you would into any other slot. You may not see the slot before you click to move from bench but when you click on it, the IL spot(s) they are eligible for will appear and you can click on them.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#289 » by zimpy27 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:05 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

How does the IL work?

If someone has IR or Out next to their name, you can put them in an IL slot. If they are out due to COVID, DTD, etc, they can go to IL+

To move them there just move them like you would into any other slot. You may not see the slot before you click to move from bench but when you click on it, the IL spot(s) they are eligible for will appear and you can click on them.

Yeah I just did. Apparently I can select another player to add? But it goes through waivers?

If my player is healthy again, how long does it take to move them back into the lineup from IL?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#290 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:40 am

zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

How does the IL work?

Yeah I just did. Apparently I can select another player to add? But it goes through waivers?

If my player is healthy again, how long does it take to move them back into the lineup from IL?

I think you can move them immediately though it might not reflect to the next day, so if they are still listed as IL but you know they will play the next day you can drop someone (or move someone else to IL if someone else is injured) and move them back into your lineup.

Also if someone in your lineup doesn't play, the game does not count, so you are not penalized.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#291 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I think you can move them immediately though it might not reflect to the next day, so if they are still listed as IL but you know they will play the next day you can drop someone (or move someone else to IL if someone else is injured) and move them back into your lineup.

Also if someone in your lineup doesn't play, the game does not count, so you are not penalized.

Isn't the goal to have as many stats as possible? If someone doesn't play then you get no stats right?

Or is there a game limit for each position?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#292 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:54 am

zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Isn't the goal to have as many stats as possible? If someone doesn't play then you get no stats right?

There is a game limit, so watch your games at the bottom. You might want to try and stay slightly ahead of pace, but not too far ahead of you won't be able to play your stars at the end of the season. I've seen guys move their bench players in and out so much...one year I noticed the guy in first had maxed out PG, G and Utility with like 8 games left and couldn't play Curry who was the #1 player that season.

Anyway, I would definitely stay on pace or a little ahead in the PG, SG, SF, PF, C positions and then maybe a little behind in G, F and Util because you can put more players in those so preferably if you ran out of spots at the end, those are the 3 you'd want to still have available to play your best players in.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm just saying if a guy is a game time decision and he's a star, then if you have him in your lineup, and he doesn't play, then he won't take up a game at that slot and get you nothing. You preserve that game to still use. It's easy to catch on pretty quickly.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#293 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:01 am

bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

There is a game limit, so watch your games at the bottom. You might want to try and stay slightly ahead of pace, but not too far ahead of you won't be able to play your stars at the end of the season. I've seen guys move their bench players in and out so much...one year I noticed the guy in first had maxed out PG, G and Utility with like 8 games left and couldn't play Curry who was the #1 player that season.

Anyway, I would definitely stay on pace or a little ahead in the PG, SG, SF, PF, C positions and then maybe a little behind in G, F and Util because you can put more players in those so preferably if you ran out of spots at the end, those are the 3 you'd want to still have available to play your best players in.

I hope that makes sense.

I'm just saying if a guy is a game time decision and he's a star, then if you have him in your lineup, and he doesn't play, then he won't take up a game at that slot and get you nothing. You preserve that game to still use. It's easy to catch on pretty quickly.

Yeah that's great information. Thank you.

So I put in a waiver for a player to replace Zion while he is in IL spot. If someone bids for the waiver then do I get a replacement immediately or then have to put in another waiver? If people keep taking my guy then do I just not have a replacement for weeks?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#294 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:07 am

zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

So I put in a waiver to replace Zion while he is in IL spot. If someone bids for the waiver then do I get a replacement immediately or then have to put in another waiver? If people keep taking my guy then do I just not have a replacement for weeks?

I put in one waiver too. It depends on if anyone above you picks him (you may want to take the name of the player out of your post). I think you have waiver position 4 though..

However, in another league I have 2 guys on IL, and I put in 5 waiver claims, which means if I don't get my first choice, I will get my 2nd, etc....it will keep processing in order however many claims there are....even if no one claimed any of the 5, I will get my top 2.

After waivers, all players will be FA's except any players that get dropped who will be on waivers for a day so anyone can put in a claim.

On the main league page you can see all the transactions on the bottom so you can see who everyone has dropped and added so if you see someone you want dropped, you can go put in a claim.

Inevitably, if some no name player has a huge game one night, you will see people go try to add that FA immediately. It can get competitive..moreso in premier, but good to check especially since you are on watching during game times most nights I think.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#295 » by zimpy27 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:14 am

bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

So I put in a waiver for a player to replace Zion while he is in IL spot. If someone bids for the waiver then do I get a replacement immediately or then have to put in another waiver? If people keep taking my guy then do I just not have a replacement for weeks?

I put in one waiver too. It depends on if anyone above you picks him (you may want to take the name of the player out of your post). I think you have waiver position 4 though..

However, in another league I have 2 guys on IL, and I put in 5 waiver claims, which means if I don't get my first choice, I will get my 2nd, etc....it will keep processing in order however many claims there are....even if no one claimed any of the 5, I will get my top 2.

After waivers, all players will be FA's except any players that get dropped who will be on waivers for a day so anyone can put in a claim.

On the main league page you can see all the transactions on the bottom so you can see who everyone has dropped and added so if you see someone you want dropped, you can go put in a claim.

Inevitably, if some no name player has a huge game one night, you will see people go try to add that FA immediately. It can get competitive..moreso in premier, but good to check especially since you are on watching during game times most nights I think.

Oh so people aren't alerted to who it is on waivers. Ok, changed post - can you change the quote of me in yours too?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#296 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:14 am

zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

Oh so people aren't alerted to who it is on waivers. Ok, changed post - can you change the quote of me in yours too?

It's funny, the whole time I was typing that post I was thinking I need to change his quote in my post and then forgot too. I guess being a Suns/global I could have just changed yours. Fixed now anyway. I doubt it really mattered but I'm not telling people who I'm targeting.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 35,901

Post#297 » by Dirk » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:37 am

bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I hope that makes sense.

So I put in a waiver to replace Zion while he is in IL spot. If someone bids for the waiver then do I get a replacement immediately or then have to put in another waiver? If people keep taking my guy then do I just not have a replacement for weeks?

All players should be on waivers when games start and a few hours after they're played.

That is a better system as it gives all managers a fair chance to add players. A system that just rewards who is the fastest is far from ideal for obvious reasons.
60/21/10
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#298 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:06 pm

Dirk wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

All players should be on waivers when games start and a few hours after they're played.

That is a better system as it gives all managers a fair chance to add players. A system that just rewards who is the fastest is far from ideal for obvious reasons.

That's not even an option in leagues though. These are not players that can't be added before a game. If a player is dropped by another team, he will always be on waivers for everyone to get a chance.

It's actually pretty rare that when some no name has a big game that picking him up pays off. He typically goes back to his not doing much at at all and some unlucky owner has wasted playing him 2 or 3 games to realize it was an anomaly.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: 2021-22 G-League Discussion 

Post#299 » by zimpy27 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:13 am

Ok, great season everyone! Let's tally it up and see who won!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2021-22 G-League Discussion 

Post#300 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:04 pm

zimpy27 wrote:Ok, great season everyone! Let's tally it up and see who won!

I can say one thing. I'm not too happy I drafted Aldridge in my dynasty league has started him in a spot last night. Waste. Very deep league so not many options in a draft with 16 teams and 8 keepers, but still.

But good job on jumping out to first place! Tonight after everyone has stats are when things will start to move. My guess watching you draft is blocks and FT will be your most challenging.

Of course you are ahead of me in blocks right now (and FT%) but I have 4 bigs going tonight.

Return to Phoenix Suns