ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion thread

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 685

Re: OT: NFL discussion thread 

Post#301 » by -YogiBiz- » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:26 pm

I was in the mindset of giving Joe another year, but if its at the cost of keep DG I'm good. I honestly would rather just fire DG and Judge now. Let Graham get a crack at it, and if he can't figure out see if Joe Brady wants to come coach us.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,642

Post#302 » by mpharris36 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:I was in the mindset of giving Joe another year, but if its at the cost of keep DG I'm good. I honestly would rather just fire DG and Judge now. Let Graham get a crack at it, and if he can't figure out see if Joe Brady wants to come coach us.

Patrick Graham?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#303 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:31 pm

K-DOT wrote:
FrozenEnvelope wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:
Read on Twitter

Leonard Williams can go play in Jacksonville or Detroit if he doesn't like the boos!

It's not even noon yet man

Give me at least like 24 hours to enjoy our 1 win before we start catching strays like that.

The enigma of Leonard Williams. He drove Jets fans crazy.
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#304 » by Little Italia » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:05 am

John Mara is making James Dolan look like Robert Kraft right now. Mara is poison.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 41,879

Post#305 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:46 am

mpharris36 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:I was in the mindset of giving Joe another year, but if its at the cost of keep DG I'm good. I honestly would rather just fire DG and Judge now. Let Graham get a crack at it, and if he can't figure out see if Joe Brady wants to come coach us.

Patrick Graham?

Judge and Garret have been terrible, but they can spin it with injuries (not that it would be a convincing argument).

Other than Blake Martinez, Graham is returning the same defense with some theoretical upgrades. Yet, he's choosing to give NFL offenses 20 yards of space every play while barely creating pressure.

I am perplexed by Graham this year.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#306 » by mpharris36 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:34 am

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Patrick Graham?

Judge and Garret have been terrible, but they can spin it with injuries (not that it would be a convincing argument).

Other than Blake Martinez, Graham is returning the same defense with some theoretical upgrades. Yet, he's choosing to give NFL offenses 20 yards of space every play while barely creating pressure.

I am perplexed by Graham this year.

Thats why I was perplexed someone suggesting Patrick Graham deserves a promotion. Garrett is vanilla and stinks and will be on the way out. JJ has been a disaster (from him wasting TO's on non challengable plays, not going for it on obvious 4th down situations, or the post game press conferences which are becoming stale and talking about "process" instead of results (in a results based business).

Patrick Graham might be the most depressing of them all. Yes he lost Blake Martinez. But the Giants mostly brought back a top 10 defense last year...invested a ton into the secondary but like you said continues to play a soft bend but don't break zone defense. They have no pass rush but defensive coordinators should be able to generate some kind of pass rush when you should trust your secondary since you paid them so much money.

Patrick Graham went from a potential HC candidate to a potential candidate to be fired as a DC in one season.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#307 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:53 pm

The real question is will the Giants have the foresight to do a full scale fire sale or will they keep pretending they can turn this lost season around while putting every crucial player this franchise has in increasingly dangerous situations for no reason?
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#308 » by mpharris36 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:06 pm

GONYK wrote:The real question is will the Giants have the foresight to do a full scale fire sale or will they keep pretending they can turn this lost season around while putting every crucial player this franchise has in increasingly dangerous situations for no reason?

It's Mara, he's been in denial for years.

They are going to half ass the rebuild again. They wont fire Gettleman (he will "retire") because that is the Giants way.

Mara loves JJ even though he's clearly becoming a pretender and his bark is way bigger than his bite.

So again we will do a half ass rebuild where the new GM (who I don't even trust Mara to go outside the organization) since they have been grooming Kevin Abrams for the role for a few years even though he is part of the problem along with Chris Mara (who is the VP of player personnel and he's not qualified for that job, its just nepotism.

So unless Mara actually goes out and finds a football guy to run the entire organization and clean it from top to bottom I don't think this is going to get fixed.

ROSTER

GONYK
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#309 » by GONYK » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:36 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
GONYK wrote:The real question is will the Giants have the foresight to do a full scale fire sale or will they keep pretending they can turn this lost season around while putting every crucial player this franchise has in increasingly dangerous situations for no reason?

They are going to half ass the rebuild again. They wont fire Gettleman (he will "retire") because that is the Giants way.

Mara loves JJ even though he's clearly becoming a pretender and his bark is way bigger than his bite.

So again we will do a half ass rebuild where the new GM (who I don't even trust Mara to go outside the organization) since they have been grooming Kevin Abrams for the role for a few years even though he is part of the problem along with Chris Mara (who is the VP of player personnel and he's not qualified for that job, its just nepotism.

So unless Mara actually goes out and finds a football guy to run the entire organization and clean it from top to bottom I don't think this is going to get fixed.

Getty is definitely gone.

I wonder if they will go back to Louis Riddick. He has maintained ties with the org. Though comments he's made about moves he would or would not have done give me a bit of a mixed impression on him. He seems like a good talent evaluator though.

I mean, it may be false hope that the Giants go outside organizational ties. Mara is super traditional and I don't think he's going to fire Judge. So we're going to do this thing again where we keep one half of the brain trust, but not the other.

I wonder if Mara regrets pushing for Garrett yet, or gives Judge some leeway because of it.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#310 » by mpharris36 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 8:39 pm

GONYK wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Getty is definitely gone.

I wonder if they will go back to Louis Riddick. He has maintained ties with the org. Though comments he's made about moves he would or would not have done give me a bit of a mixed impression on him. He seems like a good talent evaluator though.

I mean, it may be false hope that the Giants go outside organizational ties. Mara is super traditional and I don't think he's going to fire Judge. So we're going to do this thing again where we keep one half of the brain trust, but not the other.

I wonder if Mara regrets pushing for Garrett yet, or gives Judge some leeway because of it.

The Louis Riddick ship has sailed for me. Why does he still not have a job in football?

To be honest I would much rather go for a Daniel Jeremiah if we were going that route. But I would prefer someone outside the organization because the entire organization reeks of sh*t right now.

Riddick said he would have picked Barkley and he ripped the Daniel Jones move and said he would select Haskins...I can't get over that.

And JJ shouldn't be safe because I firmly believe a GM should be able to pick his coach. But the Giants haven't operated as sound franchise in years. Last 10 years have been a joke outside of that 1 random year where we took advantage of a **** schedule and one a lot of close games. Other than that we have been the laughing stock of football along with the Jets.

ROSTER

KOA
Lead Assistant
And1: 787

Post#311 » by KOA » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:43 am

I was initially excited about Dave Gettlemen because he continuously stressed the importance of "hog mollies".
Hog mollies were the main ingredients in a recipe for success for winning 2 superbowls.

For whatever reason, he hasn't followed through on this strategy. Instead of building a solid offensive and defensive line, he's focused his draft capital on skill positions which as Tom Brady has consistently proven are a dime a dozen.

From my perspective, the only positions that are worthy of first/second round picks for a rebuilding team are QBs, pass-rushers, and offensive line-men (in that order). Anything else is a complete waste. The best offensive line will make the worst running backs, WRs, and TEs look like pro-bowlers. Similarly, an amazing pass rush really masks the weakness of a weak coverage unit.

It's crazy to think what today's Giants would look like if they actually practiced what they preached...
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#312 » by mpharris36 » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:48 am

KOA wrote:I was initially excited about Dave Gettlemen because he continuously stressed the importance of "hog mollies".
Hog mollies were the main ingredients in a recipe for success for winning 2 superbowls.

For whatever reason, he hasn't followed through on this strategy. Instead of building a solid offensive and defensive line, he's focused his draft capital on skill positions which as Tom Brady has consistently proven are a dime a dozen.

From my perspective, the only positions that are worthy of first/second round picks for a rebuilding team are QBs, pass-rushers, and offensive line-men (in that order). Anything else is a complete waste. The best offensive line will make the worst running backs, WRs, and TEs look like pro-bowlers. Similarly, an amazing pass rush really masks the weakness of a weak coverage unit.

It's crazy to think what today's Giants would look like if they actually practiced what they preached...

I've always said it

unless you are one or two pieces away like a good skill position player if you are a bad team you should be only drafting QB/OL/DL (specifically edge guys) until you build out those units.

RB/WR and corners all make it to FA. When do you see a good QB and stud tackle or a great pass rusher ever make it to FA? It doesn't happen because they are too important.

ROSTER

DaGawd
RealGM
And1: 42,990

Post#313 » by DaGawd » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:34 pm

Giants can’t even tank correctly.. smh
BaF
Washington Wizards
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,904

Post#314 » by Jeffrey » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:50 pm

Giants are in trouble. That idiot Gettleman restructure some of those contracts to be heavily backloaded. Whoever comes in, will have to wait until Year 2 or 3 until they clean out that dead money.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#315 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:53 pm

Where’s Remi? I want to have a few words with him about HIS NY Jets.

Go Bills, the only real New York team that actually plays its games in the State of New York.

POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
Juggynaut
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,815

Post#316 » by Juggynaut » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:13 pm

How the **** did we win LMAO
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#317 » by mpharris36 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:21 pm

Juggynaut wrote:How the **** did we win LMAO

ROSTER

Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,177

Post#318 » by Kampuchea » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 pm

What happened to the Giants thread? F the Jets
Little Italia
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,134

Post#319 » by Little Italia » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:38 pm

Giants are too talented to finish with the #1 pick, but not talented enough to make the playoffs.

So much for Kayvon Thibodeau being a Giant.

At least Ojulari had 2.5 sacks today, he's looking promising.

"New York Knicks will never win a championship with James Dolan at the helm. Off with his head!!"

WELCOME TO MEDIOCRE HELL
F N 11
RealGM
And1: 61,353

Post#320 » by F N 11 » Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:51 pm

Defense showed up today. This could be another late surge for Giants team if Mahomes is injured for next week and we get some guys back.

Even if Mahomes is back the madden curse is catching up to him, he been on 2 covers lol.
CEO of the not trading RJ club.

Return to New York Knicks