Jason Kidd is actually doing a good job.......

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,932

Re: Jason Kidd is actually doing a good job....... 

Post#41 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:24 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
matt6715 wrote:
Canadian6ersFan wrote:Jason Kidd a good coach? F*** outta here. Just wait and let's talk again around the all-star break.

Tyronn Lue was clowned as a coach for a few years too.

I find it strange that people have so little hope on Kidd. Yeah, he had his blunders, but as a player, he was one of the smartest players possibly ever, you really telling there is no hope for that guy to turn into a good coach?

I remember Jerry Stackhouse said something along the lines of how Kidd always acted like a leader in the locker room, but no one actually respected him. It's possible that he carries some clout with younger players, but character ends up speaking for itself over time.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,674

Post#42 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:31 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
matt6715 wrote:

I find it strange that people have so little hope on Kidd. Yeah, he had his blunders, but as a player, he was one of the smartest players possibly ever, you really telling there is no hope for that guy to turn into a good coach?

I remember Jerry Stackhouse said something along the lines of how Kidd always acted like a leader in the locker room, but no one actually respected him. It's possible that he carries some clout with younger players, but character ends up speaking for itself over time.

OMG, Jerry Stackhouse is not the guy to be judging anyone's character. I won't pretend to know how every team felt about Kidd, but its worth noting he kept not only making the National Team but starting on it over peak Chris Paul and Deron Williams because of how respected he was by the best Americans in the league. That we know to be true.

And Jerry Stackhouse got in multiple fights with teammates and if you didn't agree with his religious views he would actively work against you. He's a real piece of work that barely played with Kidd at all and was finished as a useful player and bitter.

Don't cite Jerry Stackhouse.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,592

Post#43 » by UcanUwill » Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:45 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
matt6715 wrote:

How can you not respect Kidd tho? I get people not respecting David Blatt, but Kidd is NBA legend, is he really badly spoken or smth?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#44 » by FNQ » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:38 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

How can you not respect Kidd tho? I get people not respecting David Blatt, but Kidd is NBA legend, is he really badly spoken or smth?

He is a trash human.

His legendary HS coach hated him. A lot of college teammates too. He’s known for it. And been saying it long before the domestic abuse and his Bucks career.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,659

Post#45 » by ChuckChilly » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:51 pm

Would probably help this team more playing.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#46 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:41 pm

Domejandro wrote:Dallas improvement this season will largely hinge on the health of Kristaps Porzingis (primarily his ability to return to a net-positive defensive player). While Jason Kidd may end up being a good fit for the team, Porzingis is the key factor.

if he can get make KP respecetable defender and rebounder the mavs will be pretty decent this year
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,813

Post#47 » by dirkforpres » Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:52 pm

People want Kidd to fail so badly, but everyone expected him to be some wunderkind coach right out of the gate. There’s a reason guys line Lebron, AD, and Dame held him in such high regard this summer. He may not be popular, but there’s no denying he’s one of the most brilliant basketball minds of all time. I’m sure he learned a lot in LA, and he’s doing a fantastic job so far. Say what you want about preseason, but they look really good so far
FIRE JASON KIDD
mingus
Junior
And1: 165

Post#48 » by mingus » Sun Oct 17, 2021 1:10 am

The reality for Kidd is...coaching gigs have not historically been kind to HOF players-turned-coaches...one of the reasons for that is the greatest coaches thought the game out more than them, it’s away to compensate for being less talented than players who were great & who could do things on the court that you can’t teach anyone. Many of them spent years & years thinking about the game on a deeper level & so when it comes to coaching they have a huge upper-hand in that regard.

Do I think Kidd can coach toe-to-toe with them eventually? Who knows. History is not on his side though. The coaches at the top of the league are seeing the game on a way different level than players, no matter how great they are/were. And Kidd has been exploited before by them. Do I think he can get there eventually? Yeah, & maybe this is the year he turns that corner as a coach. Frankly I don’t think, given the teams he coached, he was a disappointment in his previous stints. Considering his coaching experience, I’m not sure you could’ve expected too much more. He took average teams to average records for the most part. It’s not like he royally underperformed or anything. I think he’ll eventually put everything together & etch our a name for himself, but Dallas, like the previous teams he’s coached, can’t be expected to necessarily make him look good. A lot rides on KP. If he is they are a 50-win calibre team if Kidd plays his cards right.
Lakers05 wrote: it's perfectly sane to ask, will the Lakers lose even one regular season game?

DEEP3CL wrote:You think that by getting all analytical...that you know ball.
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 10,233

Post#49 » by Chuck Everett » Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:20 am

Coaching in the NBA is about who has the best players. Luka is a phenomenal foundational piece. If he fails to deliver Luka to at least an NBA Finals at some point (not immediately and barring injuries), then he has no one to blame but himself.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,288

Post#50 » by Wooderson » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:38 pm

I won't overreact to one game...just like we shouldn't overreact to preseason.
Lebronze
Ballboy
And1: 50

Post#51 » by Lebronze » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:44 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

Most well adjusted adult men don't respect when men throw hands at their wives.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kidd-faces-assault-charge/
Kobeskillz
Sixth Man
And1: 404

Post#52 » by Kobeskillz » Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Domejandro wrote:Dallas improvement this season will largely hinge on the health of Kristaps Porzingis (primarily his ability to return to a net-positive defensive player). While Jason Kidd may end up being a good fit for the team, Porzingis is the key factor.

if he can get make KP respecetable defender and rebounder the mavs will be pretty decent this year

He was trying on Defense but he doesn't use his length effectively. He jumps at everything. Pau Gasol used to use his length very effectively when guarding the perimeter. Just ask Ray Allen.

He doesn't go for rebounds he just waits for them to drop to him or takes them from smaller guards.
Shane Battier on Kobe: "I always seem to end up on Kobe Island at some point or another, all expense paid."
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#53 » by Jcool0 » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:02 pm

Chuck Everett wrote:Coaching in the NBA is about who has the best players. Luka is a phenomenal foundational piece. If he fails to deliver Luka to at least an NBA Finals at some point (not immediately and barring injuries), then he has no one to blame but himself.

He couldn't win with Giannis.
zonedefense
Analyst
And1: 3,941

Post#54 » by zonedefense » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:24 pm

Read on Twitter

At least the people that complained about Luka´s high usage can be happy. Luka isn´t dominating the ball.
DwayneSchintzus
Rookie
And1: 1,482

Post#55 » by DwayneSchintzus » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:

OMG, Jerry Stackhouse is not the guy to be judging anyone's character. I won't pretend to know how every team felt about Kidd, but its worth noting he kept not only making the National Team but starting on it over peak Chris Paul and Deron Williams because of how respected he was by the best Americans in the league. That we know to be true.

And Jerry Stackhouse got in multiple fights with teammates and if you didn't agree with his religious views he would actively work against you. He's a real piece of work that barely played with Kidd at all and was finished as a useful player and bitter.

lmao don't cite Stackhouse?

How about we site his own son? Do you think he knows his character?

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-jason-kidds-son-posts-heartbreaking-truth-about-his-father/

don't make this about Stackhouse he is a flawed person saying the same things as a TON of other people.
These are the opinions of one lifelong Spurs fan, nothing more
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,674

Post#56 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:55 pm

DwayneSchintzus wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

https://clutchpoints.com/mavs-news-jason-kidds-son-posts-heartbreaking-truth-about-his-father/

don't make this about Stackhouse he is a flawed person saying the same things as a TON of other people.

Yes, don't cite Stackhouse. I didn't say you couldn't think poorly of Jason Kidd or go looking for quotes to trash him. I don't care if you like him. I still want Rick Carlisle back. But Stackhouse is not the guy to go to for character references, no.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#57 » by CobraCommander » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:08 pm

zonedefense wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least the people that complained about Luka´s high usage can be happy. Luka isn´t dominating the ball.

For one game....Luka was 1-6 from 3 for a moment...maybe Luka was smart enough to stop shooting and see if someone else had it...one game...nothing is learned from one game in pros...maybe in college but not pros
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,457

Post#58 » by KembaWalker » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:11 pm

He really got peoples hopes up running Dallas starters hard in preseason against our 3rd string.

Back to reality
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 13,780

Post#59 » by CobraCommander » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:22 pm

DwayneSchintzus wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:

You had that evidence on deck to win this debate lol. You win...no real come back from his kids feedback... his adult kids as a reference...yikes

Return to The General Board