Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

JJJ extended 4/105m 

Post#1 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter

I wonder how much of that is incentives. Glad we got the deal done so that it isn't hanging over the team all season but had hoped for a little less if we did the deal. I guess 26.25m a year is close to the 25m a year Collins got though.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Re: JJJ extended 4/105m 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Wonder why it is a descending deal. Thought we would have been trying to max cap space next offseason plus extending off that last year will be hard if he blows up like we hope unless there is a rule change. Kind of like what happened with Lavine this year.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:23 am

VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder why it is a descending deal. Thought we would have been trying to max cap space next offseason plus extending off that last year will be hard if he blows up like we hope unless there is a rule change. Kind of like what happened with Lavine this year.

My thoughts is I'm glad they took care of the deal instead of taking a gamble into the offseason. As for the descending deal, maybe it was about projections based on his potential. Another theory is future cap space to an extent and potential moves that may play a role into future cap space.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:28 am

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

My thoughts is I'm glad they took care of the deal instead of taking a gamble into the offseason. As for the descending deal, maybe it was about projections based on his potential. Another theory is future cap space to an extent and potential moves that may play a role into future cap space.

If we trade for a star in a year or two then having JJJ on his cheaper deal due to its descending structure could be good.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#5 » by SD2042 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:48 am

VCfor3 wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Read on Twitter

If we trade for a star in a year or two then having JJJ on his cheaper deal due to its descending structure could be good.

That's weaves into my theory about future moves. I can't help but to think that someday down the road the Grizzlies will pull such a move to add into with Ja, 3J and company. Who that player could be will be anyone's guess at this point.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies