Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,014

Re: FISERV Forum Thread 

Post#201 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:06 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:So is like nobody allowed into the Deer District before 5? My group was planning on hanging out down there for a few hours before heading into the arena

What an unbelievable waste of an opportunity

Bucks could've just had the plaza open and rocking at 2-3pm, open up the Pro Shop and let fans in the arena at 4pm

Instead, we will all be lining up outside the plaza and racing to get to our seats somehow

What time is everyone planning on lining up?

I'm going to head to the plaza at 4pm

Hoping someone realizes how bad of a decision this is and just decides to start letting people in

The lack of foresight with this organization shocks me sometimes. It's an outside venue, why does it have to "open"? Let people show up whenever they want during the day. And while the FF can't be open all day it certainly can/should be open earlier.

Instead it's going to be a massive cluster ****.

Only thing I can think of is labor shortages. I assume a lot of these workers have this as their part-time/second job. Opening early starts cutting into other jobs/commitments. I don't have a ton of experience with Ring ceremonies. Is there a reason it is starting so early? I thought half the fun was doing it right before tip-off and making the other team watch. Now only Kyrie will be watching it from a tv somewhere while the other guys are chilling in a lockerroom.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#202 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:11 pm

I don't know the precedent of the ceremonies. It would be sweet to do it right before tip but it isn't a short thing. Paschke is the emcee, each player gets introduced and gets his ring. Video highlights are shown. Silver will be speaking. There's probably other speakers.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#203 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:15 pm

Overall great experience last night. (Helps when the team looks dominant)

-Ring Ceremony i thought went well. They gave a 5 minute buffer than the stated time from what i could tell
-I got a little misty eyed when herb got a ring, looked up at the jumbotron camera and impromptu raised it towards the camera
-Not a Jim fan, but extremely happy for him and you could tell he was living life
-Loses points for having a banner unveiling instead of raising the banner or having a banner drop.

-Supposedly ran out of food in 1st quarter where my wife went to a few stands. Ended up with poke w/o rice.
-love the 630 game. Wish it happened more often. In bed by 10
-lines still seem congested, not sure if they can do anything about it but you would think a new stadium built in the digital area would've been able to design it better
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#204 » by soxperry » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:25 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:Overall great experience last night. (Helps when the team looks dominant)

-Ring Ceremony i thought went well. They gave a 5 minute buffer than the stated time from what i could tell
-I got a little misty eyed when herb got a ring, looked up at the jumbotron camera and impromptu raised it towards the camera
-Not a Jim fan, but extremely happy for him and you could tell he was living life
-Loses points for having a banner unveiling instead of raising the banner or having a banner drop.

-Supposedly ran out of food in 1st quarter where my wife went to a few stands. Ended up with poke w/o rice.
-love the 630 game. Wish it happened more often. In bed by 10
-lines still seem congested, not sure if they can do anything about it but you would think a new stadium built in the digital area would've been able to design it better

We ordered food at the end of the 1st quarter. Two orders of chicken tenders and a sprite. Food was ready about a minute before the 3rd quarter ended. I was almost too astonished to be angry.

Lesson learned.. if i can help it ill only order from the stands where they take your order directly and just grab it from the heater immediately. That way its very easy to see how long it will take by the number of people physically in line.
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,478

Post#205 » by neiLz » Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:32 pm

glad to see the crowd back to their normal sitting on their hands waiting to be "woo'd" by the bucks.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#206 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:14 pm

neiLz wrote:glad to see the crowd back to their normal sitting on their hands waiting to be "woo'd" by the bucks.

I didn't get that at all. I thought the crowd was just fine, especially since the outcome was never in doubt.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#207 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:22 pm

neiLz wrote:glad to see the crowd back to their normal sitting on their hands waiting to be "woo'd" by the bucks.

Won't lie, I was with with my wife and 2 friends. I think we were all exhausted and too old to only have a 3 month off-season. :D

I think i end up being louder than most, but I'm more of a sit and analyze the game type fan. You will never hear me talk or scream at the tv at home so just not my natural state to constantly be cheering and booing. I'm more of a standing O going into a forced TO type of guy. Give credit to fans who bring it.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#208 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:31 pm

MartyConlonOnTheRun wrote:

Won't lie, I was with with my wife and 2 friends. I think we were all exhausted and too old to only have a 3 month off-season. :D

I think i end up being louder than most, but I'm more of a sit and analyze the game type fan. You will never hear me talk or scream at the tv at home so just not my natural state to constantly be cheering and booing. I'm more of a standing O going into a forced TO type of guy. Give credit to fans who bring it.

Same, I'm a similar type. I think there was good energy for ring ceremony, but yeah I did almost feel like a hangover type vibe at times during the game. We gave it all as fans into late July, enjoy the celebration, and then kind of relaxed. With that said, the crowd wasn't bad by any means but certainly wasn't raucous either. The game never really being in doubt aided this too.

It was definitely cool to be there and see the celebration. I actually had no issues getting in. I used the Johnson Controls entrance for the first time and worked pretty slick. I got in line at 430pm and was only about 6 people deep. There were 3 lines in total as are 3-4 doors over there. THe lines did start to get long about 10-15 minutes after we decided to just wait vs. check out Deer District.

District didn't look that packed when we looked over it in the arena. It is weird for a beautiful October day that they didn't open it up earlier. Kind of weird.

Beer prices dropped $1, haha. So now only $12 for a domestic pint. Ooooooof. Since my seats are right by the Jack Daniels stand, I think I'm going to go to mixers. I've heard they at least make those stiff and are more bang for your $13.

The food looked like a cluster ****. I went to go into line but then realized it was by app only. And I heard the girls next to us say it took over an hour to get their stuff. We just hit up McDonalds on our way home. I don't know if it is COVID and/or short workers but there were alot of food kiosks closed.

Good vibe overall and ready for another season. I thought I heard that for the first time in team history all seats are sold out for every game. Is that true? Honestly I feel like I'm going to take a hit on some of these early games so if true, the secondary market demand may not be there.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#209 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:44 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Good vibe overall and ready for another season. I thought I heard that for the first time in team history all seats are sold out for every game. Is that true? Honestly I feel like I'm going to take a hit on some of these early games so if true, the secondary market demand may not be there.

There looked ot be a ton of open seats but that could've been people walking around/getting food. Thought there were seats available due to high pricing but didnt check TM before the game.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#210 » by Thunder Muscle » Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:04 pm

Thunder Muscle wrote:Good vibe overall and ready for another season. I thought I heard that for the first time in team history all seats are sold out for every game. Is that true? Honestly I feel like I'm going to take a hit on some of these early games so if true, the secondary market demand may not be there.

There looked ot be a ton of open seats but that could've been people walking around/getting food. Thought there were seats available due to high pricing but didnt check TM before the game.

I didn't check yesterday, but prices for last night did seem to hold over $100/ticket on the secondary market for the most part. So I guess I got some value there.

I'm a little worried on some of these early games, even the weekend ones vs. Spurs, Jazz, etc are already trending well under season ticket face value.

I see some of the loyalty items are selling out fast. I ended up picking the Meet an Alumni, hopefully end up with an ex-player I was a fan of, haha. Would love to see Big Dog, but guessing there is a real small chance of that as he doesn't come around much.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#211 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:27 pm

A day or two before there were a few seats available but the building looked full to me
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,480

Post#212 » by old skool » Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 am

The crowd was fine. A playoff type crowd, given the higher ticket prices involved. Not too many youngsters.

I thought the crowd showed their knowledge of Bucks basketball when Darvin Ham received a loud cheer during the ring presentation. Casual fans would not appreciate his role.

I think a lot of fans are turned off by the shaky food offerings at FF. Slow preparation times, longer lines, and stiff prices encourage people to eat elsewhere before the game. Having some food kiosks shut down was perplexing. Maybe a result of Pandemic issues or labor shortages.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,993

Post#213 » by midranger » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:54 am

I definitely got asked to sit down by a fan behind me. It was during a TV timeout and I was just stretching my legs. Literally nothing was happening on the court. I was like, “but why?”
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#214 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:17 pm

This is a fun read going back to when the first design was coming out.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1407634
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM

Post#215 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:This is a fun read going back to when the first design was coming out.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1407634

I never understood the obsession to skywalks. At most it would've been to Mecca/Good City complex. Only a limited number of people park in the structure and if it was going to good city or mecca you would still have to walk there anyways. IDK just seemed weird to me.
Ultimately, the stadium kept the team in Milwaukee, but I just don't like it. Sure it is shiny but thought they screwed up the entrance and walkways with too much congestion, limited standing areas (which then since turned into seats) and just added another layer of cost to an already expensive night. Its like a fancy airport. Like yes, I would prefer a newer/nicer airport but it is like my 10th consideration when booking a flight. If the team is good, I would watch them at the cousin center.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#216 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:35 pm

The concourses should have been a lot wider. Too many bottlenecks. The BC really didn't have that problem even when they had large crowds. Overall I like the place. More expensive to be sure but a lot better for watching a game. And cupholders! :lol:
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#217 » by soxperry » Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 pm

So the Bucks are giving away a commemorative court piece against the magic on Nov 20th. I thought i read that this was from the championship game. I emailed my rep for more information but im wondering if anyone here knows anything. I never get into giveaways but this sounds really cool if its the real thing.

Quick math says that it cant be bigger than .47 square inches. So we are looking at a piece that is .685 by .685.

Not bad. Imagine getting a piece with some gold from the finals logo on it.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,000

Post#218 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:19 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:The concourses should have been a lot wider. Too many bottlenecks. The BC really didn't have that problem even when they had large crowds. Overall I like the place. More expensive to be sure but a lot better for watching a game. And cupholders! :lol:

This is the main issue with the place. Bottlenecks everywhere, and the bathrooms too few and too small.

But to solve that, they’d need to make the building footprint bigger. And that’s big money for every extra foot
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
soxperry
Assistant Coach

Post#219 » by soxperry » Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:07 am

soxperry wrote:So the Bucks are giving away a commemorative court piece against the magic on Nov 20th. I thought i read that this was from the championship game. I emailed my rep for more information but im wondering if anyone here knows anything. I never get into giveaways but this sounds really cool if its the real thing.

Quick math says that it cant be bigger than .47 square inches. So we are looking at a piece that is .685 by .685.

Not bad. Imagine getting a piece with some gold from the finals logo on it.

It is in fact a replica court.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM

Post#220 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:45 am

Really wish they would roll out the Ticket Bank. These early games have kinda been a tough sell.

Similar thoughts on arena. My biggest complaint is probably bathroom lines on sellout games. If don't do during game action, you'll be stuck in line. I dont recall that as much at the BC even on busy games. Otherwise it's a really facility and feels top tier. I really like my upper level seats. I dont feel in another world. I did love my BC row 2 seats as I was right by an exit vs now having to walk to the top, but once to my seat its a good watch.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks