ImageImage

OT: Music Thread

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Re: OT: Music Thread 

Post#1181 » by machu46 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:42 pm

It came out in 2019, but for my money, KIWANUKA is my favorite album I've listened to in a long time. It's one of those albums that needs to be listened to in order, everything flows from one song to the next so perfectly.

If you only want to give one song a try to see if you'll like it, I would recommend listening to Piano Joint (Intro) into Piano Joint (see below), but like I said, it's really an album that should just be listened to from start to finish.

trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1182 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:18 pm

machu46 wrote:It came out in 2019, but for my money, KIWANUKA is my favorite album I've listened to in a long time. It's one of those albums that needs to be listened to in order, everything flows from one song to the next so perfectly.

If you only want to give one song a try to see if you'll like it, I would recommend listening to Piano Joint (Intro) into Piano Joint (see below), but like I said, it's really an album that should just be listened to from start to finish.

I appreciate this call out. I didn't listen to his third album, but I loved his first two - this one just passed me by. Added it to my list.
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,637

Post#1183 » by machu46 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:26 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:
machu46 wrote:It came out in 2019, but for my money, KIWANUKA is my favorite album I've listened to in a long time. It's one of those albums that needs to be listened to in order, everything flows from one song to the next so perfectly.

I appreciate this call out. I didn't listen to his third album, but I loved his first two - this one just passed me by. Added it to my list.

I think each album has progressively improved upon the last. He's on my bucket list of performers I have to see live; he came to DC before the pandemic but it was unfortunately the day I was flying out to Singapore so I wasn't able to go to that one.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,651

Post#1184 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:48 pm

NEW SPOON!

stellation
RealGM
And1: 8,917

Post#1185 » by stellation » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:05 am

Best.Super group.Ever.
#FreeChuckDiesel
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#1186 » by chonestown » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:12 pm

This is Damn Yankees erasure.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,105

Post#1187 » by JimmyTheKid » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter

"Try'n to get next to Freak and Dirk on that lonely hill"
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1188 » by crkone » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:26 pm

Coming in hot ready to funkify your Saturday morning is a new album by Cory Wong recorded live straight from Prince's home studio Paisley Park. They even let Cory record with a Cloud. This is seriously one of the best horn sections in the world.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,634

Post#1189 » by emunney » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:14 pm

Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,174

Post#1190 » by Iheartfootball » Fri Nov 12, 2021 4:39 pm

I can't stop listening to The War On Drugs new album. This song in particular is in my head...

Also, new Courtney Barnett EP and Snail Mail LP? A good week or so of new music.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1191 » by emunney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:47 pm

I'm not sure how I've done it, and I'm sure I've heard her music many times and just forgotten it, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen Taylor Swift perform anything until last week's SNL (watched last night).

Can anybody explain Taylor Swift to me? Why is she so huge? The song she played was unbearably tedious. She's pretty and has the mind of a 15 year old? Is that it in a nutshell?
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,327

Post#1192 » by crkone » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:01 pm

emunney wrote:I'm not sure how I've done it, and I'm sure I've heard her music many times and just forgotten it, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen Taylor Swift perform anything until last week's SNL (watched last night).

Can anybody explain Taylor Swift to me? Why is she so huge? The song she played was unbearably tedious. She's pretty and has the mind of a 15 year old? Is that it in a nutshell?

I'm not sure but I think the song she sang was written 10 years ago and re-released because someone else has ownership of the masters. The newer stuff seems to be more mature. :dontknow:

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
emunney
RealGM

Post#1193 » by emunney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:03 pm

crkone wrote:
emunney wrote:I'm not sure how I've done it, and I'm sure I've heard her music many times and just forgotten it, but I'm pretty sure I hadn't seen Taylor Swift perform anything until last week's SNL (watched last night).

I'm not sure but I think the song she sang was written 10 years ago and re-released because someone else has ownership of the masters. The newer stuff seems to be more mature. :dontknow:

Alright, that makes sense. Reading about the song now, really humiliating for Gyllenhaal to have dated the person who wrote that song when he was 30 years old.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#1194 » by RiotPunch » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:05 pm

She's about to be 32, and I don't know about you, but she's still feeling 22.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
emunney
RealGM

Post#1195 » by emunney » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:11 pm

RiotPunch wrote:

She's about to be 32, and I don't know about you, but she's still feeling 22.

I assume that's a joke for people who know more about Taylor Swift than I do. I don't feel 22. The closest I get to feeling 22 is when I'm listening to Reasonable Doubt.

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1196 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:12 pm

"Red" is the only song off that album I ever liked, but not gonna lie, I am looking forward to her remastering of 1989. That album is pretty excellent.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,064

Post#1197 » by FrieAaron » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Taylor Swift's stuff hadn't done anything for me, but I thought "Folklore" was very good.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,643

Post#1198 » by chonestown » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:05 pm

Eh, I'll try. She had a backstory (preternaturally gifted young teen with looks AND writes her own material) that instantly captivates. She played the fan service game immaculately which cemented her place in country hierarchy. When you stick in the country realm, you might as well have a golden ticket with a faraway expiration date. She was canny and talented enough to make pop moves without abandoning the one that brung'er there. As time progressed, she picked like-minded collaborators with big profiles not in but adjacent to her lane and accrued prestige that went beyond the Swifties. Throw in tabloid intrigue, constant presence at awards shows and award shows-related kerfuffles and a well-timed recording scheduled [the sweet spot between marination and saturation] and you got a damn industry juggernaut.imo

FWIW, I'm hate reading a 10 Year Anniversary of Drake's "Take Care." This dude, Christ...

To hear Drake tell it, his influence was already pervasive by the time Take Care dropped: “Soap opera rappers, all these n****s sound like all my children,” he declared in one of the album’s most impressively multi-layered lyrics.

MFer, you are a soap opera rapper, both literally AND metaphorically. Your whole style is chump.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
LISTEN2JAZZ
RealGM
And1: 172

Post#1199 » by LISTEN2JAZZ » Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:05 pm

This is the official song for today:
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,355

Post#1200 » by ackypoo » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 am

i mostly stopped posting itt because nobody cares about my musical opinions. but im drunk.

i play guitar. very poorly. i play with 3-6 other individuals monthly. we mostly just dick around and its very casual. we often talk about starting something more serious but we're all old. when cover bands are mentioned, the options are minimal. one, because i suck. two, because im a real **** and i want to enjoy what i would play. that leaves me with 2 bands, ac/dc, and part chimp.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks