ImageImageImageImageImage

The TRADE Thread 2021

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

kb02
Bench Warmer
And1: 631

Re: The TRADE Thread 2021 

Post#501 » by kb02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:27 pm

wco81 wrote:I think Curry is becoming too important a part of the 76ers for them to just throw him in on a big trade.

Kings probably still reluctant to trade Fox, who's the face of the franchise.

But look at how far Ja, another burner who is reputed to have a suspect shot, has improved in two short seasons. Ja is absolutely taking over games and can get to the rim not just with explosiveness but with some counter moves when defenders deny his first attack.

May be a good time to sell high on Fox.

Curry can be substituted for a player with similar salary. Maybe Korkmaz. I had some trouble trying to figure out whether the protected first was needed and to whom should it go. Figure it was probably a little too light for OKC, if they didn't get the first. Light because of Dort's contract, which is one of the best in the league.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#502 » by codydaze » Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:48 pm

wco81 wrote:I think Curry is becoming too important a part of the 76ers for them to just throw him in on a big trade.

But look at how far Ja, another burner who is reputed to have a suspect shot, has improved in two short seasons. Ja is absolutely taking over games and can get to the rim not just with explosiveness but with some counter moves when defenders deny his first attack.

Fox has had a rough three games (really closer to 2, he put up 27-5-8 on opening night). He's coming off a season where he averaged 25 points, was one of the top 4th quarter scoring players in the league and finishes at the rim at an elite clip. He needs to start taking better care of the ball but we need to pump the brakes on the knee jerk reactions.
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#503 » by kb02 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:01 pm

codydaze wrote:

Fox has had a rough three games (really closer to 2, he put up 27-5-8 on opening night). He's coming off a season where he averaged 25 points, was one of the top 4th quarter scoring players in the league and finishes at the rim at an elite clip. He needs to start taking better care of the ball but we need to pump the brakes on the knee jerk reactions.

This isn't a knee jerk reaction. I've been on the record that I would trade Fox for Simmons since the summer. Just expanding the deal.

He hasn't shown a jump in the most important area, which is controlling the pace of the game. He's still one speed. I was hoping Mitchell's presence would accelerate this part of his game, but it looks like he's still three years away.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#504 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm

codydaze wrote:

Call me crazy, but Memphis has a far better team surrounding Morant. Now maybe Hali/Davion take that next step to help Fox, but at this very moment I don't think its particularly close.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#505 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:48 pm

Memphis has developed just about every draft pick from the last couple of drafts. They hit a big dry period since their previous playoff teams when Conley and Gasol were there.

Kings have had a lot of high lotto picks. They need to get some kind of value back out of Bagley but if they don't play him, he's likely to walk with nothing back for the team?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#506 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:45 pm

wco81 wrote:Memphis has developed just about every draft pick from the last couple of drafts. They hit a big dry period since their previous playoff teams when Conley and Gasol were there.

Kings have had a lot of high lotto picks. They need to get some kind of value back out of Bagley but if they don't play him, he's likely to walk with nothing back for the team?

He has no value. Putting him on the court doesn't help either. We know who he is at this point, and him playing just risks an injury. The only hope at this point is some team thinks the Kings development is just so incompetent they can make a player out of him.

I really don't see any positive to putting him on the court at this point tbh.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#507 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
wco81 wrote:Memphis has developed just about every draft pick from the last couple of drafts. They hit a big dry period since their previous playoff teams when Conley and Gasol were there.

He has no value. Putting him on the court doesn't help either. We know who he is at this point, and him playing just risks an injury. The only hope at this point is some team thinks the Kings development is just so incompetent they can make a player out of him.

He was the #2 pick just 3 years ago. He's only 22.

Kings are willing to just let him walk after only 120 games sample size?

I understand the Kings want to push for the playoffs but it's not like they're so loaded with assets that they can just let a former top 3 lotto pick walk away with nothing in return.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#508 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:53 pm

wco81 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

I understand the Kings want to push for the playoffs but it's not like they're so loaded with assets that they can just let a former top 3 lotto pick walk away with nothing in return.

That's all good and dandy, but that pick # means nothing at this point. He hasn't been good on the court, and even worse he hasn't been able to stay on the court. That's not even getting into his family and the off court issues they have caused.

Listen I wish things were different, I just don't see how playing him does anything at this point. Bigger chance he plays bad/gets re-injured than improves his value. Let him sit until a trade becomes available and pray someone assigns some value to him.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#509 » by blind prophet » Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:19 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
wco81 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

That's all good and dandy, but that pick # means nothing at this point. He hasn't been good on the court, and even worse he hasn't been able to stay on the court. That's not even getting into his family and the off court issues they have caused.

Listen I wish things were different, I just don't see how playing him does anything at this point. Bigger chance he plays bad/gets re-injured than improves his value. Let him sit until a trade becomes available and pray someone assigns some value to him.

Agreed he is our Derrick Williams 2.0
kb02
Bench Warmer

Post#510 » by kb02 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:51 pm

wco81 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

The Kings have decided that it's more important to build a winning culture than to play him even though he doesn't deserve it. The on the court sample size is small, but he just hasn't done the things off the court, during the off season, and in the film room to merit playing. His body hasn't changed, his defensive lapses are still there, and his offensive game hasn't expanded much beyond a more consistent three. It's year 4. He's made like $40M+. Time to move on.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#511 » by sacking123 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:02 am

kb02 wrote:
wco81 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

The Kings have decided that it's more important to build a winning culture than to play him even though he doesn't deserve it. The on the court sample size is small, but he just hasn't done the things off the court, during the off season, and in the film room to merit playing. His body hasn't changed, his defensive lapses are still there, and his offensive game hasn't expanded much beyond a more consistent three. It's year 4. He's made like $40M+. Time to move on.

This pretty much hits the nail on the head. Everyone wants Bagley to be successful, but he isn't going to be gifted it.
When you look at the work put in by the majority of Kings/NBA players in the off season on their bodies/game, it makes you wonder if Marvin actually picks up a basketball.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,746

Post#512 » by eminence » Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:48 pm

Presuming no Simmons deal seems workable for y'all.

What's the youth price for Buddy/Barnes for Wiggins+youth? I'd be willing to include either Kuminga or Wiseman and the '22 GS 1st but probably not over that.

Is SAC all in on the playoff push this year?
I bought a boat.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#513 » by codydaze » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:05 pm

eminence wrote:Presuming no Simmons deal seems workable for y'all.

What's the youth price for Buddy/Barnes for Wiggins+youth? I'd be willing to include either Kuminga or Wiseman and the '22 GS 1st but probably not over that.

We wouldn't deal both Buddy and Barnes for Wiggins. If we were to make a move for Wiggins it would be centered on Buddy plus whatever is necessary from either side to balance it.

Currently the plan is definitely a playoff push.
eminence
RealGM

Post#514 » by eminence » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:39 pm

codydaze wrote:

We wouldn't deal both Buddy and Barnes for Wiggins. If we were to make a move for Wiggins it would be centered on Buddy plus whatever is necessary from either side to balance it.

Sounds fair, yeah if the team is pushing for the playoffs a youth for one of them deal isn't really the right direction.

Wiggins for Hield is pretty close imo, I could see GS adding a 2nd for Bagley bit to it (and looking to re-direct Bagley for someone they'd actually play), but that's about all.
I bought a boat.
eminence
RealGM

Post#515 » by eminence » Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:56 pm

codydaze wrote:

Would a deal like this be an acceptable amount of still pushing for the playoffs? Wiggins/Anderson filling the 3/4 in place of Hield/Barnes, while trading out a big who didn't really develop for one who hopefully still would. I'm seeing Bagley mostly as filler here.

GS IN: Hield/Barnes
GS Out: Wiggins/Wiseman/'22 1st/'22 2nd (better of GS/TOR)

SAC In: Wiggins/Anderson/Wiseman/'22 2nd
SAC Out: Hield/Barnes/Bagley

MEM In: Bagley/'22 1st
MEM Out: Anderson

I could see Toronto and Boucher in place of Anderson as well. If SAC were interested in JTA as a bench forward I could see him included in such a deal (though I'd be sad, one of my favorites to watch).
I bought a boat.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#516 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:41 am

eminence wrote:
codydaze wrote:

Would a deal like this be an acceptable amount of still pushing for the playoffs? Wiggins/Anderson filling the 3/4 in place of Hield/Barnes, while trading out a big who didn't really develop for one who hopefully still would. I'm seeing Bagley mostly as filler here.

GS IN: Hield/Barnes
GS Out: Wiggins/Wiseman/'22 1st/'22 2nd (better of GS/TOR)

SAC In: Wiggins/Anderson/Wiseman/'22 2nd
SAC Out: Hield/Barnes/Bagley

MEM In: Bagley/'22 1st
MEM Out: Anderson

I could see Toronto and Boucher in place of Anderson as well. If SAC were interested in JTA as a bench forward I could see him included in such a deal (though I'd be sad, one of my favorites to watch).
If the kings go on one of their typical losing streaks, I'd move buddy/barnes for kuminga/wiggins/1st.

As of right now buddy/barnes playing good basketball, I wouldn't mess with that while it's working. We've had a super tough schedule, so impressive that they are 3-2 right now

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Post#517 » by jeffjtk1234 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:03 pm

I am still a fox fan but we should call Boston and offer fox for jaylen brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
City of Trees
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,462

Post#518 » by City of Trees » Thu Nov 4, 2021 6:31 am

Put me in the camp of not trading Fox.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#519 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 4, 2021 3:41 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:I am still a fox fan but we should call Boston and offer fox for jaylen brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not a fan of trading Fox yet..

But if we make it to the deadline, Mitchell/Hali look like studs but the team is underachieving, id be far more open to going after Jaylen Brown than Ben Simmons.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

Post#520 » by dozencousins » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:44 am

Update :

I hadn't posted in awhile as I only want to post on this thread mainly when I have something to update everyone with .
The info I am giving all is interesting but I only can give a minumal ammount right now .

I have just found out via my source the main reason why the Kings are recalling Robert Woodard II from the G Leauge is because Kings are close at the moment of framework on a trade involving him .
Is it a Ben Simmons deal of Buddy , Marvin , Woodard & a #1 pick or so ? Do not know yet for sure ?

I want to be clear we remain in talks via trade & not all trades happen as trades fall through all the time & sometimes they still happen but not as soon as we all expect .

None the less . Guess we all shall see in time .

Return to Sacramento Kings