ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 4 Thread - Kings (1-2) @ Suns (1-2)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

ducler
Cold Hard Gameday Facts
And1: 8,942

Game 4 Thread - Kings (1-2) @ Suns (1-2) 

Post#1 » by ducler » Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:24 pm

Read on Twitter
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: Game 4 Thread - Kings (1-2) @ Suns (1-2) 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:05 am

The Kings match up really well with the Suns. I foresee a very motivated Booker and Paul in this one, but I think the Kings have the personnel to slow them down. Harkless has the length and quickness to affect Booker enough.

The key comes down to Paul. This may be Davion’s true test. He will be tasked with guarding the smartest on-ball player he’s been matched up with yet. If he can prevent Paul from carrying out some playmaking, the Kings have a good route to a win.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,770

Post#3 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:09 am

Fox.... trying to cost us the game again. Bad shooting and blasé' defense, what's new

This was a Buddy game we needed

Hali good shooting down the stretch
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#4 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:12 am

Get Fox out of this game now
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:26 am

BoogieTime wrote:Get Fox out of this game now
Lol.. how do you blame fox? The refs were dog **** the entire 4th. Fox was getting slapped all night, suns allowed to go over the back, suns getting soft calls with delayed whistles. Man has no chance when he doesn't ever get deserved calls.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#6 » by BoogieTime » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:35 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Lol.. how do you blame fox? The refs were dog **** the entire 4th. Fox was getting slapped all night, suns allowed to go over the back, suns getting soft calls with delayed whistles. Man has no chance when he doesn't ever get deserved calls.

He was doing his 0-4 or 5 and bricking free throws and just giving the Suns the momentum and ended with atrocious stats and some uninspired defense

Instead of actually attempting to improve, we have to deal with whatever is going on with him
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#7 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:41 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

He was doing his 0-4 or 5 and bricking free throws and just giving the Suns the momentum and ended with atrocious stats and some uninspired defense

Instead of actually attempting to improve, we have to deal with whatever is going on with him
I'm not saying he wasn't good. But I think the momentum had a lot more to do with the refs than fox.

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#8 » by kalenclayton » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:46 am

Richaun is not the problem.
Read on Twitter
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#9 » by sacking123 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:09 am

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Wasn't able to watch live so just finished watching.

I don't think Fox is 100%. I'm not making excuses for him and certainly in season no one is ever 100%, but I just think that wrist is bothering him a lot. I could be completely wrong on that, just my observation.

Anyway, go back and look how the Kings use the screen in the first half versus the second. I have been watching this for a while and I don't know if it's coaching or the players, but they guards are using the screen to go sideways when they should be coming off the screen putting pressure on.
Once the Kings attack from the screen instead of going sideways and allowing the D to catch up, things will improve, the 3pt shot will open more and guys like TD should be launching at will.

Speaking of which, good game from Buddy after some stupid turnovers early. Thank god for his shooting and the play of Harrison.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#10 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:15 pm

kalenclayton wrote:Richaun is not the problem.
Read on Twitter

Ya again, I'm really not sure how anyone watches that game and leaves blaming Richaun. The man is the hardest worker on the court. Hes uber efficient and if the refs didn't allow opposing teams to go over his back all game he would look even better.

The issue last night was strictly refing. The Kings shoulda coasted to a 10+ point win, unfortunately the refs decided to call a foul on us every play in the 4th and let the Suns get away with moving screens, over the backs, defensive slaps. It was truly sickening to watch the refs yesterday in the 4th.

Return to Sacramento Kings