Moderator: ijspeelman

Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Re: GT #5, Cavaliers @ Clippers, 27 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#21 » by Revenged25 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:34 pm

FranchisePlayer wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:
FranchisePlayer wrote:1 AST and 5 TO's seems like a major red flag ratio to me.

Even if you score a lot, that doesn't compensate. They probably won't play this good of a D in the long run.

Too many turnovers across the board, but we did need Collin's scoring in this one and his effort level / aggressiveness was terrific.

SG 37:30 on the court and he ends up with 1 AST. Sounds a pretty poor stat even if there wouldn't have been any TO's.

Although when you see that the whole team ended up with 12 ASTs so that's definitely worrysome. Well, to each his own I guess.

So obviously you're not actually watching the game and just box score scouting. Sexton had numerous great passes that people just missed wide open shots. You can't get assists if no one knocks down the shot.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Re: GT #5, Cavaliers @ Clippers, 27 October 2021, 10:30 PM ET 

Post#22 » by JonFromVA » Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:39 pm

Collin Sexton played the entire 4th quarter in this game (except garbage time), clearly JBB liked what he was getting from him and given he finished a team high +17 ... what's not to like?

And IH was respectful of his former team. :) The Clippers announcers were pretty sure their bench bunch were going to tear us apart, it was pretty funny.

I'm not sure what's worse. If Austin was calling a game like this and the teams were in the reverse siutation, he'd be bemoaning how terrible the Cavs were playing and how they didn't come out with the right energy and this is what they get for not stomping on the Clippers throats from the get go, etc, etc. Meanwhile the Clippers announcers just kept waiting for the Clippers to blow by the Cavs and exert their dominance, and the Cavs kept stomping them down and building back their lead.

Like would have happened to us last year...

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers