ImageImageImage

OT: NFL discussion & Suns NFL fantasy league

Moderators: bwgood77, Kerrsed, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

How would you prefer playoffs?

All 8 teams make it 1/8, 2/7, 3/6 and 4/5 matchups - keeps everyone vested - no one giving up on season early handing other teams easy wins
5
63%
6 teams make it...top 2 get byes, 3/6 and 4/5 matchups
2
25%
4 teams make it and playoff matchups run two weeks
1
13%
 
Total votes: 8

Revived
RealGM
Posts: 29,553
And1: 14,707
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#121 » by Revived » Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:56 am

Anyone here watch the Cardinals game tonight? One of the craziest endings of the season imo.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:15 am

Revived wrote:Anyone here watch the Cardinals game tonight? One of the craziest endings of the season imo.


It was a crazy last 5 minutes of game time from the Packers TD being overturned, still going for it on 4th after getting a delay of game, turn over in possession, almost a safety, and then moved right down the field with an INT. Not sure what Murray or Green were thinking on that last play though.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 23,090
And1: 8,147
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#123 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:28 am

Revived wrote:Anyone here watch the Cardinals game tonight? One of the craziest endings of the season imo.


The game was hugely rigged against the cardinals from start to finish. The league desperately wanted AZ to lose and suffer their first lose of the season at the hands of their darling GB Packers. Same will occur when we face the Cowboys.











Also rigged cause I had money riding on Zona.
Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#124 » by bwgood77 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm

Damn I benched Elijah Mitchell late last night and put McLaurin in instead after thinking about it for awhile. Not a good decision it appears. Now my game with Fresh Prince of Belaire, whoever that is, looks like it will be close.
Desertfox
Senior
Posts: 602
And1: 489
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#125 » by Desertfox » Mon Nov 1, 2021 12:07 am

You should see my season. 0-7 after: Playing Rodgers over Brady Week 1, losing 3 games by less than 1 point, losing a game after scoring the second most points in the league, and losing a game where the opposing tight end went crazy for over 40 points. All this after scoring more points than two teams in first place...
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#126 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:39 am

Desertfox wrote:You should see my season. 0-7 after: Playing Rodgers over Brady Week 1, losing 3 games by less than 1 point, losing a game after scoring the second most points in the league, and losing a game where the opposing tight end went crazy for over 40 points. All this after scoring more points than two teams in first place...


Wow, 3 games by less than one point and the second most pts one week? That's about as bad as luck as I've seen. Luckily for you everyone makes the playoffs...though you will face one of those first place teams probably.
Slim Charless
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,057
And1: 2,518
Joined: May 10, 2019
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#127 » by Slim Charless » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:53 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Desertfox wrote:You should see my season. 0-7 after: Playing Rodgers over Brady Week 1, losing 3 games by less than 1 point, losing a game after scoring the second most points in the league, and losing a game where the opposing tight end went crazy for over 40 points. All this after scoring more points than two teams in first place...


Wow, 3 games by less than one point and the second most pts one week? That's about as bad as luck as I've seen. Luckily for you everyone makes the playoffs...though you will face one of those first place teams probably.


Freaking Dak. Lol.... I'm torn between Williams and Toney today
matt131
Analyst
Posts: 3,319
And1: 3,055
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#128 » by matt131 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:03 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Holy crap this is awful.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#129 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:46 pm

matt131 wrote:.


Seems like every time I check a league we are in together, I am playing you.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#130 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:49 pm

matt131 wrote:4:20 mark to about 5:22 of the latest Lowe post podcast, Zach talks briefly about the suns and how good we've been and how he doesn't care about our easy schedule. Mentioned we are just good at everything. Incredibly brief, but still nice to hear.


BobbieL wrote:.


Revived wrote:.


How about that Sunday night football game?
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 29,553
And1: 14,707
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#131 » by Revived » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:52 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
matt131 wrote:4:20 mark to about 5:22 of the latest Lowe post podcast, Zach talks briefly about the suns and how good we've been and how he doesn't care about our easy schedule. Mentioned we are just good at everything. Incredibly brief, but still nice to hear.


BobbieL wrote:.


Revived wrote:.


How about that Sunday night football game?

What a game lol. Very Chargers esque with the giving up a 17 pt lead but thankfully able to win it at the end.

Mike Williams gets left wide open by defenses so often especially on end of game situations. Its happened multiple times before, it’s very interesting.
User avatar
King4Day
RealGM
Posts: 10,434
And1: 6,881
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#132 » by King4Day » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 pm

Justice system got one right today
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
User avatar
King4Day
RealGM
Posts: 10,434
And1: 6,881
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#133 » by King4Day » Tue Dec 7, 2021 6:19 pm

For anyone who collects Funco Pop toys:

Chris Paul: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/nba-suns-chris-paul-city-edition-2021-pop-vinyl-figure/fu59262
Gorilla: https://www.entertainmentearth.com/product/nba-mascots-phoenix-suns-gorilla-the-gorilla-pop-vinyl-figure/fu52164

These are for pre-order. I really like the Paul one. Cool they have him with the Valley Jersey. Hopefully more Suns are to come.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
User avatar
King4Day
RealGM
Posts: 10,434
And1: 6,881
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#134 » by King4Day » Wed Dec 8, 2021 9:55 pm

Great little documentary on Zach Randolph's Grizzlies run/career. If you have an hour, it's really worth the watch.

"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
Posts: 23,090
And1: 8,147
Joined: May 13, 2011
     

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#135 » by SunsRback4Good » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:16 pm

Big game tonight BW who you got? Kidding, but seriously how do you see tonight's game being played out?
Image
matt131
Analyst
Posts: 3,319
And1: 3,055
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#136 » by matt131 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:14 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Big game tonight BW who you got? Kidding, but seriously how do you see tonight's game being played out?
Slater being out will massively affect the game. If Herbert has no time to throw, we'll need to effectively use the quick passing game and hope that we can still run block a bit. Ekler not being 100% also hurts us. Yes, the chiefs don't have Jones, but they still get relatively good pressure off the edge, which is where our weak links are on the line.

If the Chargers can force a Mahomes turnover (Bosa strip sack?) and not let CEH run all over us, then we can keep it competitive. Just can't get down early because of our banged up line.

As a Charger fan, it's so hard to believe that we could beat the Chiefs twice in one season and be the front runner for the division. So I lean toward the Chiefs tonight unless Staley and the defense can really clamp down tonight. Hoping for the win, but it's tough to be optimistic.
matt131
Analyst
Posts: 3,319
And1: 3,055
Joined: Jun 19, 2014
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#137 » by matt131 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:57 am

I see the chargers defense clearly was not ready for this game.

Hope Parham is okay. Brutal injury. Had he held onto that ball and not gotten injured, this game would be so different. However now....

Good. Night.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#138 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:06 am

matt131 wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:Big game tonight BW who you got? Kidding, but seriously how do you see tonight's game being played out?
Slater being out will massively affect the game. If Herbert has no time to throw, we'll need to effectively use the quick passing game and hope that we can still run block a bit. Ekler not being 100% also hurts us. Yes, the chiefs don't have Jones, but they still get relatively good pressure off the edge, which is where our weak links are on the line.

If the Chargers can force a Mahomes turnover (Bosa strip sack?) and not let CEH run all over us, then we can keep it competitive. Just can't get down early because of our banged up line.

As a Charger fan, it's so hard to believe that we could beat the Chiefs twice in one season and be the front runner for the division. So I lean toward the Chiefs tonight unless Staley and the defense can really clamp down tonight. Hoping for the win, but it's tough to be optimistic.


Pathetic so far. How do you run it back 75 yards on the kickoff, get nothing, allow a 95 yard drive, turn it over, and allow them to get down to score again? Their D seemed better last year with Lynn until they melted down..but to start games it was solid. They look like swiss cheese. They were so good 3 years ago with a healthy Derwin James and Justin Jones and Murray are back. They should not be this bad on defense.

It just sucks they didn't capitalize that first drive. I kind of love Staley's aggressiveness but often I'd rather just take the 3, especially if you've already had 3 tries from the same spot. Take the points. You need them. Need to score here.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#139 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:48 am

matt131 wrote:I see the chargers defense clearly was not ready for this game.

Hope Parham is okay. Brutal injury. Had he held onto that ball and not gotten injured, this game would be so different. However now....

Good. Night.


Damn these going for it on 4th down when you could take 3 twice is nerve wracking. Especially when you have 1st and goal at the 5 and can't get in on the 1st 3 times. They could be up 20-10. Some bad drops on those though. Parham had that until his land and the ground basically caused his drop. Williams dropped one the first time and that Cook drop was bad. But to get nothing from inside the 5 twice against the Chiefs really hurts.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 79,853
And1: 47,357
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: NFL fantasy league & NFL discussion 

Post#140 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:06 pm

Painful loss for the Chargers. I can deal with the aggressiveness, but they made those last two KC drives too easy. And despite the change in OT rules a few years back, I still think it's quite unfair to allow a team to lose never even touching the ball in OT. The Chargers should have at least gotten a possession after KC scored. I like college rules better but they should just play an entire 5th period (same time as quarter).

Return to Phoenix Suns