Game 6: Utah Jazz (4-1) @ Milwaukee Bucks (3-3)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Game 6: Utah Jazz (4-1) @ Milwaukee Bucks (3-3) 

Post#1 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:17 pm

FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Re: Game 6: Utah Jazz (4-1) @ Milwaukee Bucks (3-3) 

Post#2 » by FJS » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:37 pm

Good 1st.
FJS
Senior Mod - Jazz
Senior Mod - Jazz
And1: 2,064

Post#3 » by FJS » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:46 pm

They are playing without 3/4 starters. Better not to lose this one.
Crunch 99
General Manager
And1: 3,680

Post#4 » by Crunch 99 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:58 pm

Conley brings confidence and order to the Jazz.
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,926

Post#5 » by tugs » Mon Nov 1, 2021 3:36 am

That ends Clarkson's 3pt streak?
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#6 » by AingesBurner » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:11 am

Ingles appears to be cooked.
Ingles is cooked.
MTJazzv3
Veteran
And1: 1,386

Post#7 » by MTJazzv3 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 4:26 pm

GobertReport wrote:Ingles appears to be cooked.

I think he needs some nights off on back-to-backs just like Conley. With the way Paschall is playing and the imminent debut of Gay I see no reason to run him so much.
"And the cowhide globe hits home." - RIP Hot Rod Hundley
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#8 » by AingesBurner » Mon Nov 1, 2021 5:04 pm

MTJazzv3 wrote:

I think he needs some nights off on back-to-backs just like Conley. With the way Paschall is playing and the imminent debut of Gay I see no reason to run him so much.

Probably, hope he doesn't expect more than the vet min if this is how he continues to play.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#9 » by zero24gravity » Mon Nov 1, 2021 6:18 pm

GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:

Probably, hope he doesn't expect more than the vet min if this is how he continues to play.

The Bucks game wasn't good, but he had played 32 minutes the night before, and was likely just worn out.

Still, this year Ingles is above his career averages in ppg, fg% (50% = career high), 3% (48% = career high), bpg. He's at his average in rpg, and is below in apg & spg. (In less minutes.) And that takes into account the 1 game where he only played 6 minutes due to that BS ejection. Take that game out & he's well above career averages in most categories. At this point he's also right in the middle of Jazz rotation players in +/-. (Ahead of Clarkson, Conley & Gobert.)

I don't disagree he probably needs to play a little less, possibly miss some back-to-backs, and I'd like to see more assists ... but it's not like he's playing bad. It'll be interesting to seeing how Gay's minutes affect a guy like Joe.
AingesBurner
RealGM

Post#10 » by AingesBurner » Mon Nov 1, 2021 6:38 pm

zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:
MTJazzv3 wrote:

The Bucks game wasn't good, but he had played 32 minutes the night before, and was likely just worn out.

Still, this year Ingles is above his career averages in ppg, fg% (50% = career high), 3% (48% = career high), bpg. He's at his average in rpg, and is below in apg & spg. (In less minutes.) And that takes into account the 1 game where he only played 6 minutes due to that BS ejection. Take that game out & he's well above career averages in most categories. At this point he's also right in the middle of Jazz rotation players in +/-. (Ahead of Clarkson, Conley & Gobert.)

I don't disagree he probably needs to play a little less, possibly miss some back-to-backs, and I'd like to see more assists ... but it's not like he's playing bad. It'll be interesting to seeing how Gay's minutes affect a guy like Joe.

For sure, I wish Gay gets here soon. Paschall has been playing better than expected.
Ingles is cooked.
zero24gravity
Sixth Man
And1: 842

Post#11 » by zero24gravity » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:20 pm

GobertReport wrote:
zero24gravity wrote:
GobertReport wrote:

For sure, I wish Gay gets here soon. Paschall has been playing better than expected.

I know that Paschall has been a happy surprise to many. I'm still on the fence, and think he'll mostly fall out of the rotation with Gay coming in. He just isn't consistent enough from deep. (35% is fine so far, so I guess it's more his history + the look of his shot that worries me.) I think teams will start leaving him open, as time goes on. I do like his effort on D, but the hope is Gay is even better, rendering Paschall redundant. We'll see. "Too much depth" is a great problem to have!

Return to Utah Jazz