ImageImageImageImageImage

2021-22 General Thread

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Re: 2021-22 General Thread 

Post#21 » by sacking123 » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:09 am

BoogieTime wrote:Fox has played himself off Simmons value so far this season, unfortunately for me

It might be close, well closer than what it was 4 weeks ago.
Fox's play has made me think whether it would be better with Simmons. His shooting has been deplorable, to be honest, so why not have someone that at least doesn't miss them. He isn't aggressive enough for long stretches of games and doesn't do a good enough job of getting others involved.
The big question would in that scenario is who takes over as a first option? We simply wouldn't have one and that would be a problem.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,531

Post#22 » by codydaze » Mon Oct 25, 2021 3:04 pm

BoogieTime wrote:Fox has played himself off Simmons value so far this season, unfortunately for me

If Simmons' value hasn't plummeted after not even being willing to report and play for his team, Fox is not losing any value after three games. Let's slow down here.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#23 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:27 pm

codydaze wrote:

If Simmons' value hasn't plummeted after not even being willing to report and play for his team, Fox is not losing any value after three games. Let's slow down here.

What a silly take lol. Fox has 263 games (not including this season to suggest who he is), but 3 games has changed the outlook of him as a player? Meanwhile Simmons who is getting kicked out of practices, not wanting to play due to "mental health issues", hasn't lost value?

Morey would kill to get Fox in a deal for Simmons. Kings would then average 89 ppg for the rest of the season with Simmons sandbagging for our franchise and nobody able to score.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#24 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:34 pm

BTW do you guys miss Grant yet?

Our current crew are the worst announcers in the league. The call on the game winner was pitiful.

I can't even bring myself to watch the home telecast, we badly miss Doug, Grant, and Jerry.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,245

Post#25 » by blind prophet » Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:31 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:BTW do you guys miss Grant yet?

Our current crew are the worst announcers in the league. The call on the game winner was pitiful.

I can't even bring myself to watch the home telecast, we badly miss Doug, Grant, and Jerry.

There's no doubt Grant was very very talented. He always seemed like a jerk and franchise homer though, especially with the Maloofs.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:48 pm

blind prophet wrote:

There's no doubt Grant was very very talented. He always seemed like a jerk and franchise homer though, especially with the Maloofs.
Oh he absolutely was on his radio show. But he was informed, exciting, and entertaining. I saw a quote about him, "Grant could make game 70 of a 27 win season feel exciting" and it's absolutely true. This current crew is horrible. I have a little hope for Kaytee, but we need draper gone yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#27 » by kalenclayton » Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:36 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
blind prophet wrote:

Oh he absolutely was on his radio show. But he was informed, exciting, and entertaining. I saw a quote about him, "Grant could make game 70 of a 27 win season feel exciting" and it's absolutely true. This current crew is horrible. I have a little hope for Kaytee, but we need draper gone yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

That quote is so true. Grant was terrific in his role. Jerry was a damn treasure and Doug was informative (and weird) despite his occasional ramblings.
Now we are stuck with an odd group. I didn’t think Kayte was ready before the season, but she’s impressed me a bit. Draper is not good though. We need a replacement for him ASAP. Vivek should be contacting the Charlotte commentators and offer them top dollar (I know… Vivek spending is hilarious).
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#28 » by rpa » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:53 am

Fun fact 5 games in that shows both how good and bad the Kings are:

Despite being 3-2 the Kings have been outscored by 32 points in the last 5 minutes of their 5 games.

This team has been brutally bad at closing--both in wins and losses. Which leads me to: my 2 main objections to a Fox/Simmons swap were a) Fox has shown loyalty to a franchise that deserves none and b) Losing Fox means losing our only go to scorer. Well, looks like only 1 of those 2 things is true now.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#29 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:41 pm

rpa wrote:Fun fact 5 games in that shows both how good and bad the Kings are:

Despite being 3-2 the Kings have been outscored by 32 points in the last 5 minutes of their 5 games.

This team has been brutally bad at closing--both in wins and losses. Which leads me to: my 2 main objections to a Fox/Simmons swap were a) Fox has shown loyalty to a franchise that deserves none and b) Losing Fox means losing our only go to scorer. Well, looks like only 1 of those 2 things is true now.

5 games in and we are ready to say that Fox has regressed? Silly.
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#30 » by blind prophet » Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:35 pm

In this waaayyyyy early season.

The Kings have had the most difficult strength of schedule.

http://powerrankingsguru.com/nba/strength-of-schedule.php
blind prophet
RealGM

Post#31 » by blind prophet » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:16 pm

Just heard Ross on the radio say that Holmes is number one in the NBA at "screen assists". Never really heard of that before, Len seemed like a better screener to me. Wondering if Holmes threat for his little push shot opens things up for others more.
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#32 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 1, 2021 12:55 am

While I dont in any way condone Fox's play, someone said it might be covid after effects or the fact that hes bigger which is throwing him off..

I mean, I might have more sympathy if there was some reason for his play, but no way Morey makes that trade now

Fox's motor has always been in question to me, and that may be a reason for the regression
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

2021-22 General Thread 

Post#33 » by jeffjtk1234 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:56 pm

BoogieTime wrote:While I dont in any way condone Fox's play, someone said it might be covid after effects or the fact that hes bigger which is throwing him off..

I mean, I might have more sympathy if there was some reason for his play, but no way Morey makes that trade now

Fox's motor has always been in question to me, and that may be a reason for the regression

Regression? It’s been 6 games man lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#34 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:05 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:Regression? It’s been 6 games man lol

Don't you know man, 1 week in and we are ready to say stars suck!

That guy in Portland is an absolute bum. 35% from the field, 23% from 3, and regressed by 10ppg!

Wonder if Portland would trade him to us for cheap! /s
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#35 » by BoogieTime » Mon Nov 1, 2021 9:09 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:

That guy in Portland is an absolute bum. 35% from the field, 23% from 3, and regressed by 10ppg!

He was annoying/concerning in the preseason too, to the point I felt I had to comment
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#36 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 1, 2021 9:44 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

He was annoying/concerning in the preseason too, to the point I felt I had to comment

Even so, this isn't the first time you've said something along the lines of philly no longer willing to trade Simmons.

So lets break this down.

1 guy started off slow. No doubt shooting horribly, taking to many 3's, and his turnovers are up 1 per game. However still averaging 19/6 while playing the worst basketball since his rookie year.

Meanwhile the other guy held out all summer, said he wouldn't report, decided to report when they said they wouldn't pay him, got kicked out of practice, tried to sit out saying he was banged up, then changed his story to say that hes dealing with some mental stuff. All the while his teammates are speaking out about him, and we know damn well hes not coming back.

You think that 6 slow start games is worse than what is going on with Simmons? We don't live in the same world.
BoogieTime
Head Coach

Post#37 » by BoogieTime » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:06 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

Even so, this isn't the first time you've said something along the lines of philly no longer willing to trade Simmons.

So lets break this down.

1 guy started off slow. No doubt shooting horribly, taking to many 3's, and his turnovers are up 1 per game. However still averaging 19/6 while playing the worst basketball since his rookie year.

Meanwhile the other guy held out all summer, said he wouldn't report, decided to report when they said they wouldn't pay him, got kicked out of practice, tried to sit out saying he was banged up, then changed his story to say that hes dealing with some mental stuff. All the while his teammates are speaking out about him, and we know damn well hes not coming back.

You think that 6 slow start games is worse than what is going on with Simmons? We don't live in the same world.

One has to do with basketball, and changes your perception about him as a basketball player, the other is off the court stuff.

Perhaps the off the court stuff calls into question Simmons character, though I think its known he wants out of Philly and how else to go about it? If he is in a place hes comfortable how much of it is an issue?

Looking at how Fox is playing I cant imagine Morey having anything but serious doubts, very serious. To the point where Spurs role players like Murray and White might be more appetizing. Its a what have you done for me lately league
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#38 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 3, 2021 4:36 pm

BoogieTime wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:

So lets break this down.

One has to do with basketball, and changes your perception about him as a basketball player, the other is off the court stuff.

Perhaps the off the court stuff calls into question Simmons character, though I think its known he wants out of Philly and how else to go about it? If he is in a place hes comfortable how much of it is an issue?

Looking at how Fox is playing I cant imagine Morey having anything but serious doubts, very serious. To the point where Spurs role players like Murray and White might be more appetizing. Its a what have you done for me lately league

And GM's don't base value off 6-7 games. If so then we should be able to trade Barnes for a Kings ransom. But that won't happen, because teams know that hes hot right now and this isn't to be expected the entire year.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,453

Post#39 » by rpa » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:54 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:While I dont in any way condone Fox's play, someone said it might be covid after effects or the fact that hes bigger which is throwing him off..

7 now and we'll get an 8th tonight. If you put any stock in preseason we can also add that he looked equally awful then too.

And the issue isn't just a question of regression but of progression as well. The Fox of last year is not a max-level player--not even close really. The max contract was on the assumption of growth. Right now he's not showing any of that growth.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#40 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:09 pm

rpa wrote:
jeffjtk1234 wrote:

7 now and we'll get an 8th tonight. If you put any stock in preseason we can also add that he looked equally awful then too.

And the issue isn't just a question of regression but of progression as well. The Fox of last year is not a max-level player--not even close really. The max contract was on the assumption of growth. Right now he's not showing any of that growth.

Ya obviously if that trend keeps up then we have something to be concerned about.

Many other stars are having a bad start to the season. New ball, new rules, tighter whistles (especially for Fox), mix that in with a shooting slump and you have issues.

I'm not unwilling to acknowledge his poor performance. I have an issue when someone has been saying this since game 2. Lets discuss if this is a slump/regression 15-20 games in, shall we?

Return to Sacramento Kings