ARCC: Always read Caitlin Cooper

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,027

ARCC: Always read Caitlin Cooper 

Post#1 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:29 pm

I always have trouble figuring out what thread to put her articles and Twitter threads into, so I’m just going to start one up as a catch all for her writings this season.

Here goes…

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Re: ARCC: Always read Caitlin Cooper 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:21 pm

everyone should be reading her articles on IndyCornRows and if you are on twitter following her there too.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Nov 1, 2021 1:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

No easy answers, but lots of little things to help while Brogdon, Levert, and Warren are out and/or limited.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#4 » by Wizop » Sun Dec 5, 2021 5:50 pm

She has a timely piece on Indycornrows.com today

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Dec 5, 2021 6:43 pm

Wizop wrote:She has a timely piece on Indycornrows.com today

Sent from my Pixel 6 using RealGM mobile app

https://www.indycornrows.com/2021/12/5/22815853/how-crunch-time-defines-the-current-state-of-the-pacers
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#6 » by Tom White » Sun Dec 5, 2021 6:54 pm

You have to wonder how it is that she (and honestly, most people) can see all this, and yet the coaches, players, front office and ownership seem oblivious to it?

On the players' part, I'd say selfishness on the part of Brogdon and LeVert covers a big part of it. Plus, this team just doesn't have much talent. Remember a few months ago when (in a different thread) I called them "also-rans"? That seems like a compliment now.

With the coaches, a lack of willingness to change the lineup on the floor or change the scheme.

The front office is simply as inept as the coaches appear to be.

Ownership? As long as people are still willing to kneel at the temple of Simon (for supposedly saving this wreck from moving (although that might have cost him the $1 per year for life lease on Circle Center) I don't think he really gives a crap. If the man had any pride at all he would see to it that changes are made.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#7 » by Topofthekey » Mon Dec 6, 2021 12:16 pm

Tom White wrote:

You have to wonder how it is that she (and honestly, most people) can see all this, and yet the coaches, players, front office and ownership seem oblivious to it?

On the players' part, I'd say selfishness on the part of Brogdon and LeVert covers a big part of it. Plus, this team just doesn't have much talent. Remember a few months ago when (in a different thread) I called them "also-rans"? That seems like a compliment now.

With the coaches, a lack of willingness to change the lineup on the floor or change the scheme.

The front office is simply as inept as the coaches appear to be.

Ownership? As long as people are still willing to kneel at the temple of Simon (for supposedly saving this wreck from moving (although that might have cost him the $1 per year for life lease on Circle Center) I don't think he really gives a crap. If the man had any pride at all he would see to it that changes are made.

That's the million dollar question

I thought that a coach of Carlisle's stature would be able to come in and fix things have and get them to play how they should

It looks like there's no hierarchy or organisation among the players, not just on the court but in the locker room as well. It looks like they're treating each other as a bunch of equals, all of them oscillating between doing too much and being too selfish, and doing too little for not wanting to step on each other's toes

I remember watching a clip of Fred VanVleet telling other Raptors players "don't do a f-ing thing, they can't win" (Raptors were up 4, the other team had possession with only a few seconds remaining in the game, he was basically telling them not to foul and just let the other team take whatever shot they wanted, apparently Achiuwa tried to contest a shot with a bit too much zeal or something)

Maybe what the team needs is a Draymond Green type player to come in start shouting at everyone. It seems to have done Wiggins well. Maybe in the age of player empowerment, even a veteran coach like Carlisle can't push the players too much without risking a rebellion
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,234

Post#8 » by boomershadow » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:45 pm

I'm not quite as down about the team as everyone else is. Everyone who said this core couldn't work have been proven kinda right. But there are no sure things in this league. I think it had a chance to work with some health and better coaching. It didn't. Doesn't mean there wasn't a chance. You roll the dice. You do what you can. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

One good thing is that blowing up the team now really can't make it worse. There is only one direction to go now really.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 926

Post#9 » by Tom White » Mon Dec 6, 2021 2:56 pm

Topofthekey wrote:I thought that a coach of Carlisle's stature would be able to come in and fix things have and get them to play how they should

You have to remember the roster he had at the time they won it all. Talk about a roster that will build a coach's stature, it was stacked.

To refresh memories: https://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/DAL/2011.html

Return to Indiana Pacers