Game 6: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 1st 7:30 PM PCT 

Post#1 » by ducler » Mon Nov 1, 2021 9:35 pm

Read on Twitter
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Re: Game 6: Oklahoma City Thunder @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 1st 7:30 PM PCT 

Post#2 » by donemilio21 » Mon Nov 1, 2021 10:41 pm

we need someone to step up and help PG. We can't lose to OKC, in fact we have to go at least 3-1 in the next 4 games in order to get back on track.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,072

Automatic (Must)-Win (Trap Game) 

Post#3 » by Wammy Giveaway » Mon Nov 1, 2021 11:22 pm

If there's one thing Clippers know how to do despite their not very promising start to the season, it's preventing a 3-game losing streak. When they were down 2-0, they treated the third game vs. Blazers as a must-win, the equivalent of their multiple 2-0 comebacks in the playoffs. They knew that if they lost three in a row, it would be the dreaded 0-3 playoffs deficit, and would have automatically lost. It also helps that Dort-Dort-Dort is out to injury as well.

But I'd also like to stress the importance of taking lottery teams seriously. If Clippers lose this one, it'll be their first 3-game losing streak of the season. You don't want to turn a lottery team like Thunder into a playoff contender. OKC also owns one of the Clipper's lottery picks, and whatever position Clippers are in, Thunder get it. This loss could have massive ramifications to the Clippers, and how so? Let's just say, a Thunder win would knock Clippers out of the playoffs entirely, and early. Thunder would take Clipper's place in playoffs, either as a qualify, or a play-in entrant.

This is a trap game. They gotta win it. The fear of a 3-game losing streak has been their go-to sense of urgency, and because of it, I think Clippers have automatically won the game. So I'm calling it: Clippers win, they're 2-4 tonight.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,985

Post#4 » by og15 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 12:00 am

At some point in time, shots need the fall. They are generating good shots, so this has a potential to be a blowout game if it's the game where things drop.

Despite what happens with the shooting, the main focus should be to defend well. OKC is not an overly difficult team to defend, but doesn't mean they can't have a good night.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#5 » by LamarWho » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:00 am

Struggling mightily to put the ball in the hoop again. Getting good looks, shots just not falling. Looking like the Clippers in the 90s when Loy Vaught was our best scorer.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#6 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:24 am

Wow, this team is atrocious. I'm already done with Bledsoe and Winslow, I can't watch an entire season of them. They need to be out of the rotation.

Lue has also regressed back to what got him fired in Cleveland: tunnel vision for playing awful veterans while letting young players rot on the bench, even when it's obvious that the season is lost. There is no reason not to be developing Boston as much as possible. What's the worst that could happen, we miss the playoffs? Just not having the worst record in the league feels like it would take a miracle at this point.

OKC is 100% getting the #1 pick with our pick after this season and it's going to be devastating. Hopefully the widespread ridicule and negative PR will finally motivate Ballmer to get an actual GM instead of another mediocre-at-best coach pretending to be a GM (and failing miserably).
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#7 » by og15 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:38 am

Tough to watch, so many open bricks. You think they can't shoot worse, then they prove you wrong lol

4 point game. OKC is an awful offensive team, Clippers just have to be barely decent to win the game in the second half.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,663

Post#8 » by KL2 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:44 am

Everyone but Lue knows Boston should be playing.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#9 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:48 am

KL2 wrote:Everyone but Lue knows Boston should be playing.

A competent front office would be in Lue's ear every day pestering him to play Boston until he does it. Instead we have GM Frank. :noway:
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#10 » by og15 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:58 am

KL2 wrote:Everyone but Lue knows Boston should be playing.

We're already at the play rookie complaints 6 games into the season? That was quick lol
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#11 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:06 am

Every time the game gets close, this team shoots itself in the foot with a brick, turnover or foul. This team is a disaster.

Hate to say it, but the PG trade is just getting confirmed more and more as the Herschel Walker trade of the NBA. If he was actually worth Shai and the picks, this team (as much of a mess as it is) would look a million times better than it does right now and we wouldn't be looking this hopeless against some of the worst teams in the league.
ShaqFTs
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#12 » by ShaqFTs » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:08 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Wow, this team is atrocious. I'm already done with Bledsoe and Winslow, I can't watch an entire season of them. They need to be out of the rotation.

Lue has also regressed back to what got him fired in Cleveland: tunnel vision for playing awful veterans while letting young players rot on the bench, even when it's obvious that the season is lost. There is no reason not to be developing Boston as much as possible. What's the worst that could happen, we miss the playoffs? Just not having the worst record in the league feels like it would take a miracle at this point.

OKC is 100% getting the #1 pick with our pick after this season and it's going to be devastating. Hopefully the widespread ridicule and negative PR will finally motivate Ballmer to get an actual GM instead of another mediocre-at-best coach pretending to be a GM (and failing miserably).

Bro it's game 6, calm down with the Lue bashing. I remember he had some sort of "10 game" system to determine lineups last year.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#13 » by og15 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:17 am

Well SGA went wild with the step back three's in that quarter
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#14 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:22 am

ShaqFTs wrote:Bro it's game 6, calm down with the Lue bashing. I remember he had some sort of "10 game" system to determine lineups last year.

We can't afford to wait 10 games for obvious adjustments this season. This isn't the time to calm down. This team looks like the Sports Arena days and OKC owns our pick.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#15 » by LamarWho » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:22 am

We are a bottom feeder team, whether we win or not tonight. You can keep telling yourself it's early in the season, shots will start to fall, etc. Our roster is hugely flawed. We got a bunch of guards who can't shoot, in today's shooter's league.

Bledsoe has been a disaster since game 1. I know he's not a good shooter, but my god he's a worse shooter than Tony Allen right now. Honeymoon is over for Reggie Jackson. We look like a team that just started playing together since last week.
ShaqFTs
Freshman
And1: 25

Post#16 » by ShaqFTs » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:38 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
ShaqFTs wrote:Bro it's game 6, calm down with the Lue bashing. I remember he had some sort of "10 game" system to determine lineups last year.

We can't afford to wait 10 games for obvious adjustments this season. This isn't the time to calm down. This team looks like the Sports Arena days and OKC owns our pick.

this is a GM issue I'm not sure what what you think would help this team. im out of options other than trades
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#17 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:40 am

ShaqFTs wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

this is a GM issue I'm not sure what what you think would help this team. im out of options other than trades

We are screwed this season no matter what, so just bench terrible, unwatchable players like Bledsoe and Winslow and play the rookies instead. At least give us some excitement before the inevitable pain of watching OKC win the lottery with our pick.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#18 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:54 am

As much as I've been ripping the team, I do hope this comeback down the stretch is a turning point like the Atlanta comeback was last season... but on the other hand, OKC is literally trying to lose and is probably the only team worse than we are. So we'll see, I guess. :dontknow:
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,072

Welp 

Post#19 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Nov 2, 2021 4:56 am

Clippers have prevented a second 3-game losing streak.

If they have another back-to-back loss, and prevent that, the Clipper's playoff spot will be secured. And we'll see them go on a tear.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 720

Post#20 » by Captain Ballmer » Tue Nov 2, 2021 5:23 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Every time the game gets close, this team shoots itself in the foot with a brick, turnover or foul. This team is a disaster.

Hate to say it, but the PG trade is just getting confirmed more and more as the Herschel Walker trade of the NBA. If he was actually worth Shai and the picks, this team (as much of a mess as it is) would look a million times better than it does right now and we wouldn't be looking this hopeless against some of the worst teams in the league.

I'm not going to defend the team performance today but I've to do this instead.

PG13 saying hellllloooooooooooooooo to you. This game is prime example why he worths all those picks. IF last year's playoff not enough :crazy:

If this team fails to get ring in PG13&Kawhi tenure, I will blame a lot of people before PG13.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6

Return to Los Angeles Clippers