Read on Twitter
?s=20
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Re: Keving Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:03 pm

It seems fair so I don't have an issue with it.
He should only get better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Re: Kevin Huerter and Hawks agree to 4yr/$65 million extension 

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:22 am

Contract Breakdown:

Year 1 - $14,508,929
Year 2 - $15,669,643
Year 3 - $16,830,357
Year 4 - $17,991,071
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#4 » by D21 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:47 am

Great for both him and the team
I was expecting less than Bogi, between 60 and 65, not seing Schlenk giving more then 65
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:19 pm

Man, I love this kid.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#6 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#7 » by shakes0 » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:35 pm

Is it too late to get our money back from this fraud?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#8 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 29, 2021 4:28 pm

:o
Vincecarder
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#9 » by Vincecarder » Tue Nov 2, 2021 6:51 pm

Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

K'von's best game was when he started when Hunter was down but he's had one of the worst starts to a season, it's like he forgot how to shoot. Is it the ankle surgery holding him back? Playing off the bench in a different role ie it's all about Cam? Or even the new Wilson basketball that's been giving some players trouble?

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#10 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 2, 2021 7:07 pm

Vincecarder wrote:Will the real Kevin Huerter please stand up......

Again, I'm not too worried about Kevin as I know he will bounce back but if he is laying a few more goose eggs maybe a game or 2 in the D-league where he can take enough shots to get back into some kind of flow might be necessary.

It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#11 » by shakes0 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:00 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

It's been two weeks...a bit soon to start mentioning demotion to the minor leagues.

With that said, I don't think it's a coincidence Huerter was given last night off for 'rest'.

was he off for rest last night? They never said why during the telecast.

Did he get really tired making that one basket in his last two games?
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#12 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:26 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Haha. That reminds me of one of my least favorite Hawk stories of all time.

So it was like year 2 or 3 of Marvin Williams career and the Hawk had a game in Seattle (his hometown). Lo and behold, out of nowhere, he pops for a 30+ pt game and the Hawks win.

All us fans and reporters were thinking, "this is it!". Now the potential's finally gonna come to fruition and that 2nd overall pick is finally gonna show some thangs ... right?

Well the reporters all gather 'round his locker for the postgame and ask stte, "Man how's it feel to have your first 30 point game, blah, blah .."

Ol' Marvin looks up and says, "Man ... I'm tired! I don't see how Kobe and them take that many shots every night. I don't know about that."

I was like, "excuse me, what?" Guy had no interest in being that kind of player. I knew then he'd always be a role-player. Of course, he made a good career for himself. But you don't pick a guy at 2 to just go along to get along.

Anyway, not that I expect multiple all-stars outta Kevin. Your comment just reminded me of that Marvin story.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#13 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 8:29 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Off season ankle surgery perhaps and trying to get back in shape?
Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#14 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:14 am

Thoughts on this development?
Does it make Huerter more tradable?
Does it make Bogdan more likely to be moved or benched?
Any chance Hunter comes off the bench when he returns from injury?

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#15 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:26 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Thoughts on this development?
Does it make Huerter more tradable?
Does it make Bogdan more likely to be moved or benched?
Any chance Hunter comes off the bench when he returns from injury?

Read on Twitter

Yes.
Vincecarder
Pro Prospect
And1: 7

Post#16 » by Vincecarder » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:25 pm

Huerter isn't the same player off the bench, he has to start. Hawks have enough pieces to make a big move but can just wait for Hunter and Okongu to come back and be in great shape to fight for 1st round home court.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#17 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 2, 2021 11:33 pm

Read on Twitter

Kevin Huerter has made a strong case to continue starting

Kevin Huerter became a starter a few weeks into his rookie season and remained in that role throughout the two rebuilding seasons before the team signed Bogdan Bogdanovic in free agency ahead of the 2020 season. Huerter moved into a bench role, while Bogdanovic became the starting shooting guard and De’Andre Hunter the starting small forward.

The Hawks have a 34.8 net rating when Huerter is on the floor alongside Young, Capela, Collins and Bogdanovic. They’re scoring 129.8 points per 100 possessions — the highest scoring offense for five-man lineups — and allowing just 95 points per 100 possessions defensively — the third-best defensive group.

When Hunter eventually returns to play — which should be in January — the Hawks have to strongly consider bringing Hunter off the bench until he proves that he should be starting again. It’s clear that Huerter with the starting group works better than when he’s coming off the bench. There’s a large discrepancy in Huerter’s splits this season when he’s with the starters and when he’s coming off the bench. Part of that is because Huerter started so slowly this season, working his way into game shape coming off his offseason ankle procedure, but part of it also is because of his comfort playing with two guys in Young and Collins who he’s played with since the beginning of his career.
Spoiler:
“It’s a role I’ve been in since I’ve been in the league, for the most part,” Huerter said. “It’s one I’m comfortable in. I think starting games and getting a rhythm right away … kind of throughout my career, I feel like I’ve slowly worked my way into games. It was an adjustment coming off the bench. I’m sure there’s going to be an opportunity, whether it’s this year or the rest of my career, coming off the bench. It’s something I have to continue to work on — it’s having that energy right when I get in and being aggressive right when I get in. I have good chemistry with these guys — John, Trae, Clint now for a little bit. I think my chemistry with the first group is a little bit better. It’s something we’re still getting with the second group when I’m out there, but I’m just trying to win games.”
Before Hunter initially tore his meniscus last season, he was a monster on both ends of the floor. He did not look like the same player to start this campaign. The Hawks’ offense wasn’t as crisp as it is with Huerter in the starting lineup over Hunter. Atlanta’s offense tended to stagnate with Hunter, as he isn’t the passer nor outside shooter Huerter currently is. It’s much more free flowing now.

...what makes Huerter so important for the Hawks’ starters is doing all of the little things — making the extra pass, not settling for contested jumpers, being a willing defender — in order to impact the game meaningfully. The Hawks have so much talent on the wing, and having a decision like this one isn’t a bad problem to have. But Huerter has made his case that when Hunter is back fully healthy, it shouldn’t be a guarantee that he needs to go back with the second unit. He is an ideal connecting piece for this current starting group.
The Athletic
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:56 pm

The solid play continues...

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 6, 2022 2:44 pm

A career night for Kevin:

Read on Twitter
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#20 » by D21 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 5:12 pm

Kevin had played so well this season that he's now a target from other team :
"From what I understand, they have talked to the Blazers about CJ McCollum," said Windhorst. "They have talked to the Kings about De'Aaron Fox. They have talked to the Rockets about Eric Gordon. They have talked to the Hawks about Kevin Huerter. Probably more that I don't know about. Obviously the offers for these players wouldn't be the same. But the Pelicans are buying."
Link

I don't want him to be traded, but I think it should also be the time that now we can see what this team is able to do if healthy, it should start to be ATL receiving picks in trade proposal media are doing, instead of us sending multiple teams :wink:
If there was one thing I would like, it's them continuing to create some stupid trade offers, and this team not making any trade and winning it all this season :D

Return to Atlanta Hawks