Well, here we go

Read on Twitter
?s=20
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,891

Re: 2021-22 Season Discussion and Speculation 

Post#2 » by LV-Suns » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:10 pm

Earl Watson being the primary source of this makes me believe this is just some BS story.
I Dont wanna be here
GetYourPHX
Pro Prospect
And1: 789

Post#3 » by GetYourPHX » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:14 pm

LV-Suns wrote:Earl Watson being the primary source of this makes me believe this is just some BS story.

It's not. This is a well-vetted story with a ton of sources.

Look - Sarver sucks. Everyone knows it. We all know he's this guy. The stories have been around for years they're just finally bubbling up to the surface in a coherent format. If you've orbited the franchise in any fashion over the last 15 years you know that there is one person to blame for the Suns organization being what it is - Robert Sarver.

The NBA can keep running from this but Sarver is bad for the brand as a whole. Get him out.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#4 » by 8on » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:14 pm

LV-Suns wrote:Earl Watson being the primary source of this makes me believe this is just some BS story.

Even so......even if you're right, this is damning.

Sarver's done. Adam Silver will pull the Sterling playbook out again.

Robert Sarver won't last the season, mark my words.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#5 » by BobbieL » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:19 pm

I can see Bobby S acting this way - totally doing all that stuff
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#6 » by BobbieL » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:20 pm

GetYourPHX wrote:

It's not. This is a well-vetted story with a ton of sources.

Look - Sarver sucks. Everyone knows it. We all know he's this guy. The stories have been around for years they're just finally bubbling up to the surface in a coherent format. If you've orbited the franchise in any fashion over the last 15 years you know that there is one person to blame for the Suns organization being what it is - Robert Sarver.

The NBA can keep running from this but Sarver is bad for the brand as a whole. Get him out.

Yep x 100

I believe Sarver did all that stuff. He is a jerk. He always seemed like the, and this is sterotying, the rich frat boy that is a jerk nobody likes but now has the money and bought the team to be part of the Kool Kids Klub but he is still a jerk
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#7 » by matt131 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:32 pm

Man, I had a post, but I'm surprised most of you agree with the damning nature of this story. If we have any lawyers here, id like to know the legal ramifications of these anonymous sources and their allegations.

This sounded like a giant nothing burger, but I'm surprised some people think it's damning for him.

(And don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him gone for the sake of the team, but this story has a lot wrong with it in my opinion. Mostly people just corroborate that he's hard to work for and is bad at his job. The real allegations of abuse or racism come from Watson (lol) and anonymous sources that he refutes and neither side can necessarily be backed up)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#8 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:36 pm

Skimed the article and honestly this is kind of the **** scenario because I have little doubt Sarver is an ass and some/most/all is true but I'm not sure I really see anything that actually provable and would be reason to force him out.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#9 » by Revived » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:38 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Skimed the article and honestly this is kind of the **** scenario because I have little doubt Sarver is an ass and some/most/all is true but I'm not sure I really see anything that actually provable and would be reason to force him out.

You’d be surprised…look at what got Jon Gruden and Donald Sterling ousted.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#10 » by BobbieL » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:38 pm

matt131 wrote:Man, I had a post, but I'm surprised most of you agree with the damning nature of this story. If we have any lawyers here, id like to know the legal ramifications of these anonymous sources and their allegations.

This sounded like a giant nothing burger, but I'm surprised some people think it's damning for him.

(And don't get me wrong, I'd like to see him gone for the sake of the team, but this story has a lot wrong with it in my opinion. Mostly people just corroborate that he's hard to work for and is bad at his job. The real allegations of abuse or racism come from Watson (lol) and anonymous sources that he refutes and neither side can necessarily be backed up)

There is a lot what you said
Bobby S is a bad boss -and owner - which we know
But if some of the other stuff - the saying he would bring "ladies to LA to help the players" or the "I don't like diversity" - if that stuff is proven - who knows

Like you said, its a long shot any of this stuff is proven. But if it gets BobSarver to sell the team - thats a positive. As he is a terrible owner.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#11 » by 8on » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:39 pm

matt131 wrote:Man, I had a post, but I'm surprised most of you agree with the damning nature of this story. If we have any lawyers here, id like to know the legal ramifications of these anonymous sources and their allegations.

Mostly because of the era we're in.

That said there are seemingly a lot of different sources, and I can't really imagine ESPN making it all up.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#12 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:40 pm

There's no killer punch in the accusations.

It's all terrible and he should be removed as a management decision, but there's nothing to force it.

Hopefully the story will create change from within.
Stark
Junior
And1: 669

Post#13 » by Stark » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:41 pm

So Sarver is pretty much a more toxic and worse version of Michael Scott... I cannot say I'm surprised I can imagine Nash doing the Jim look to the camera while Sarver shows his wife's picture in bikini. Gosh if the stuff in the article is true it sounds like instead of a racist evil person he is just an another dumb, ignorant boomer who happens to be rich af. Still horrible.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,907

Post#14 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:43 pm

Be interesting which were the Ryan McDonough quotes was my other thought, a few unnamed ex-executives were mentioned.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#15 » by matt131 » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:45 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Be interesting which were the Ryan McDonough quotes was my other thought, a few unnamed ex-executives were mentioned.
All of them
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#16 » by bigfoot » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:45 pm

Any owner who would do this

Has probably done all the other stuff reported in the article.

Ask yourself ... would there ever be a picture like this of Jerry Colangelo???

Sarver has no filter on his emotions or mouth. It's been enabled because he has always held a position of power since he was a young man and he hasn't had a mentor who could steer him out of it.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#17 » by BobbieL » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:49 pm

bigfoot wrote:Any owner who would do this

Has probably done all the other stuff reported in the article.

Ask yourself ... would there ever be a picture like this of Jerry Colangelo???

Sarver has no filter on his emotions or mouth. It's been enabled because he has always held a position of power since he was a young man and he hasn't had a mentor who could steer him out of it.

Exactly. He never had a mentor to help him out. Its like he has never grown up - still drinking the kegger at the college party. Or younger.

He's a jerk - doubt thats a firebable offense unless he is "encouraged" by the league to sell the team
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#18 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:51 pm

Revived wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Skimed the article and honestly this is kind of the **** scenario because I have little doubt Sarver is an ass and some/most/all is true but I'm not sure I really see anything that actually provable and would be reason to force him out.

You’d be surprised…look at what got Jon Gruden and Donald Sterling ousted.
The Sterling situation had a smoking gun with him on tape saying things. I don't see one here. The Gruden situation is different because he's a coach not an owner, I'm sure he got the resign or we're firing you. If this article was about a coach or GM they would be gone no doubt. With an owner is trickier because it takes a lot for a league to force one out.

If Sarver had any sense of shame or self awareness he would realize everyone hates him and he should just sell the team and swim in his insane profits. But by all accounts he's a shameless **** so I'm sure he'll dig his feet in and lawyer up.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,763

Post#19 » by darealjuice » Thu Nov 4, 2021 4:52 pm

Lol well we know this story took forever to come out because ESPN had to include Sarver's responses to every allegation
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#20 » by Revived » Thu Nov 4, 2021 5:00 pm

When the Suns were recruiting free agent LaMarcus Aldridge in the summer of 2015, the team knew that Aldridge had young children in Texas and that playing near them was appealing. During the recruitment, Sarver remarked to two basketball operations staffers that the Suns needed to have local strippers impregnated by NBA players so those players would have children in the Phoenix area and feel obliged to be closer to them, giving the Suns a potential edge in free agency, the now-former staffers said.

Not gonna lie, this part is kinda funny.

Return to Phoenix Suns