ImageImageImageImageImage

You guys want Russ back?

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

You guys want Russ back? 

Post#1 » by Tracymcgoaty » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:27 am

The trade was a joke i would like our players back now. We weren't serious with that trade so please give them back now.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,961

Re: You guys want Russ back? 

Post#2 » by FAH1223 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:00 am

Tracymcgoaty wrote:The trade was a joke i would like our players back now. We weren't serious with that trade so please give them back now.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sounds like how we felt early last season wanting Wall back. Don't worry, Russ will play MVP basketball in the last month or two of the season...

But then the postseason will be hell.
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,158

Post#3 » by Tracymcgoaty » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:06 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:The trade was a joke i would like our players back now. We weren't serious with that trade so please give them back now.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Sounds like how we felt early last season wanting Wall back. Don't worry, Russ will play MVP basketball in the last month or two of the season...

Nah dude.. I cant take this anymore it's too much. I hate this man as a player. I'd go as far as to say if i were his teammate i'd probably fight him and get my ass knocked out.
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#4 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:42 am

I don't think anyone understood how damn slick Tommy was until this trade right here lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#5 » by TGW » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:40 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
I don't think anyone understood how damn slick Tommy was until this trade right here lol.

Sheppard wasn’t slick at all. Westbrook wanted out. If Westbrook didn’t ask to her traded, he’d still be a Wizard.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,700

Post#6 » by montestewart » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:33 pm

TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Sheppard wasn’t slick at all. Westbrook wanted out. If Westbrook didn’t ask to her traded, he’d still be a Wizard.

Sometimes it's good to let star players play at GM, because they just might trade themselves.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 936

Post#7 » by WallToWall » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:32 pm

In the end, he will win you more games than he will loose. But the ride will be interesting and filled with OMG’s and WTF’s. I like the trade even if only to get out of his contract.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#8 » by Kanyewest » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:58 pm

TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

At least the Wizards did the right thing. It was the right move to buy Westbrook low and sell him high. A lesser GM could have held on to Westbrook given he has 2 years remaining on his deal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#9 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:09 pm

TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Tommy was absolutely slick. He had no leverage and he got 3 young vets under 30 on team friendly deals and a first that he turned into a young guard on the end of his rookie contract, an early second pick and Technically dinwidie. So 4 younger vets under 30. That's a damn good trade.

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,869

Post#10 » by TGW » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:21 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I don't think anyone understood how damn slick Tommy was until this trade right here lol.

Tommy was absolutely slick. He had no leverage and he got 3 young vets under 30 on team friendly deals and a first that he turned into a young guard on the end of his rookie contract, an early second pick and Technically dinwidie. So 4 younger vets under 30. That's a damn good trade.

Sure. This trade is equivalent to when LLoyd traded the puppy wagon for the scooter in Dumb and Dumber.

Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#11 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:28 pm

It was a joke with the punchline: "Tag...You're it!"

He is all yours. Do know that we have had the extreme Westbrook experience. Nothingin the middle about his game. Not once has any of our regular posters said, "I sure miss Russell Westbrook".

Seriously, you can see he is all world motor and effort. Great dude.

BearlyBallin wrote:
“Love without limits, dream without fear and live in the moment.“
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#12 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:29 pm

Tracymcgoaty wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Nah dude.. I cant take this anymore it's too much. I hate this man as a player. I'd go as far as to say if i were his teammate i'd probably fight him and get my ass knocked out.
He would win the fight. That is one thing about that guy.

BearlyBallin wrote:
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#13 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:29 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

I have to say I did on day one.

BearlyBallin wrote:
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#14 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:31 pm

montestewart wrote:
TGW wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I don't think anyone understood how damn slick Tommy was until this trade right here lol.

Sometimes it's good to let star players play at GM, because they just might trade themselves.
That is almost my new signature. :-)

If this Wizards team falters a bit I expect Bradley Beal will suggest his own trade.

BearlyBallin wrote:
Bye bye Beal.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#15 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:40 pm

Westbrook was a legitimate monster for us the second half of last year. He dragged our sorry butts into the playoffs. To give you an idea of how impressive that is, Anzejs Pasecniks, who has since returned to the house of Targaryan, played a bunch of minutes for us. So did Jerome Robinson, who was more of an undead/forehead white walker. Westbrook will get his crap together and the Lakers will be fine. Better than fine, even.

I feel dirty having tried to console a Lakers fan.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,033

Post#16 » by queridiculo » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:08 am

Naw, we good :lol:
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,107

Post#17 » by J-Ves » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:27 am

Yeah, but you have to take Bertans back

Bertans+KCP. We’d still need to find $14 million to match salaries. You might need to throw in a first or something to sweeten the pot
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 820

Post#18 » by 9 and 20 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:32 am

J-Ves wrote:Yeah, but you have to take Bertans back

Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 870

Post#19 » by badinage » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:46 am

9 and 20 wrote:I feel dirty having tried to console a Lakers fan.

Ha!

I feel guilty for sorta kinda liking some of the off-court things Lebron has done, like teaming with Bloomberg to help oust the Menace. I liked it better when I could hate without complication.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#20 » by Halcyon » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:04 am

Nah

Return to Washington Wizards