Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#1 » by floppymoose » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:04 am

Split from previous thread because it got too long. So, so long.Previous thread can be found here.

The ish is about to hit the fan for LA. Their last easy game for a while is tonight. After that they might lose 8 in a row.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Re: Around the NBA V: Live and Let Die 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:46 am

floppymoose wrote:Split from previous thread because it got too long. So, so long.Previous thread can be found here.

The ish is about to hit the fan for LA. Their last easy game for a while is tonight. After that they might lose 8 in a row.

lol Russ and Melo dont make anything easy
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#3 » by Coxy » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:46 am

floppymoose wrote:The ish is about to hit the fan for LA. Their last easy game for a while is tonight. After that they might lose 8 in a row.

You promise?
tarantism
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,146

Post#4 » by tarantism » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:23 am

Coxy wrote:
floppymoose wrote:The ish is about to hit the fan for LA. Their last easy game for a while is tonight. After that they might lose 8 in a row.

You promise?
They've had an incredibly easy schedule and have limped through it. No LeBron tonight but they shouldn't need him to handle OKC. Tough times ahead for LAL. They just aren't that good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Melo and amare should thrive in this offense. If Jeremy Tyler and cole Aldridge looked that good in summer league then us knick fans have a lot to be excited about. Make room for all the bandwagoners when we take off
watch1958
General Manager
And1: 1,138

Post#5 » by watch1958 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:46 am

tarantism wrote:
Coxy wrote:

You promise?
They've had an incredibly easy schedule and have limped through it. No LeBron tonight but they shouldn't need him to handle OKC. Tough times ahead for LAL. They just aren't that good.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
I’m sure they will be better later in the season. Still, after what we went through the first half of last season, I will enjoy this while it lasts.
This movie is like the Rocky Horror Picture Show where everyone knows all the lines.
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,721

Post#6 » by floppymoose » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:23 am

I actually think they will be worse later in the season. Lebron is either going to be hurt or is going to start resting when they are out of the playoff picture.
Impuniti
General Manager
And1: 7,138

Post#7 » by Impuniti » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:18 am

Read on Twitter

You love to see it. :lol:
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#8 » by Impuniti » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:18 am

floppymoose wrote:I actually think they will be worse later in the season. Lebron is either going to be hurt or is going to start resting when they are out of the playoff picture.

THey'll trade WB if that becomes a serious possibility.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,694

Post#9 » by whatisacenter » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:01 pm

Impuniti wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I actually think they will be worse later in the season. Lebron is either going to be hurt or is going to start resting when they are out of the playoff picture.

Russ is making more than 40 million the next two years...who wants that?
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Onus
RealGM
And1: 5,133

Post#10 » by Onus » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:17 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
Impuniti wrote:

Russ is making more than 40 million the next two years...who wants that?

for John Wall again?!?!
Most 4th Quarter Points in Final since 1991
1995 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5
2000 Shaquille O'Neal 11.5 (61.1% TS)
2015 Stephen Curry 10.8 (75.1% TS)
1997 Michael Jordan 10.7 (55.1% TS)
1998 Michael Jordan 10.6 (50.6% TS)
2011 Dirk Nowitzki 10.3 (68.0% TS)
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#11 » by and1GS » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:26 pm

There is no way this Lakers team wins the Pacific. The worst team in our division, the Kings, are actually above average this year. Like others have said, LeBron is going to sit games. AD will get injured. And on top of that they have a ton of unsolved issues including...everything on defense and Russ.

I cannot believe they lost to OKC again. Without LeBron, sure, but you couldn't beat the worst team in the NBA with Russ/AD when this was the silver lining to acquiring Russ (racking up regular season wins)?
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#12 » by azwfan » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:55 am

and1GS wrote:There is no way this Lakers team wins the Pacific. The worst team in our division, the Kings, are actually above average this year. Like others have said, LeBron is going to sit games. AD will get injured. And on top of that they have a ton of unsolved issues including...everything on defense and Russ.

I cannot believe they lost to OKC again. Without LeBron, sure, but you couldn't beat the worst team in the NBA with Russ/AD when this was the silver lining to acquiring Russ (racking up regular season wins)?

After playing OKC twice and NO tonight... I don't think OKC is the worst team in the NBA. These Pelicans are bad. Real bad. We got Houston next. :lol:
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#13 » by marthafokker » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:43 pm

LeMelo and friends finally found out they are not very good. They look like world beater against bottom drillers, but not against good balanced offensive and great defensive teams. They are 0-3 this week. And Sacto is only a mid-tier team.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#14 » by and1GS » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:30 pm

marthafokker wrote:LeMelo and friends finally found out they are not very good. They look like world beater against bottom drillers, but not against good balanced offensive and great defensive teams. They are 0-3 this week. And Sacto is only a mid-tier team.
Bottom driller is one hell of a term
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#15 » by ILOVEIT » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:31 am

Lakers slow death.....yuuuuuuuuummmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I posted a thread on the general board "Lakers won't make the playoffs this year" Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#16 » by Impuniti » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:57 am

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#17 » by wco81 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:22 pm

Too much of the season left.

Remember the Cavs were nowhere in the 2014-15 season and then they made a big trade with the Knicks which got them to the playoffs.

Watch, some team will give them good players at the trade deadline or buy out a player who will go to the Lakers and give them good minutes.

Lakers don't have assets other than Lebron and AD but watch them get something for nothing.
Impuniti
General Manager

Post#18 » by Impuniti » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:29 pm

wco81 wrote:Too much of the season left.

Remember the Cavs were nowhere in the 2014-15 season and then they made a big trade with the Knicks which got them to the playoffs.

Watch, some team will give them good players at the trade deadline or buy out a player who will go to the Lakers and give them good minutes.

Lakers don't have assets other than Lebron and AD but watch them get something for nothing.

You're right. They still have THT, Ariza to come back which will improve them. Until transfer deadline is done, I won't know what will happen for them as a team. Wouldn't doubt it if a team buys out an amazing player who goes to the Lakers, or they trade WestBrick for an upgrade if things continue to fall downwards.

Saying that, I'm going to continue to laugh at both Lakers and Lebron until then. :lol:
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#19 » by marthafokker » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:02 pm

marthafokker wrote:LeMelo and friends finally found out they are not very good. They look like world beater against bottom drillers, but not against good balanced offensive and great defensive teams. They are 0-3 this week. And Sacto is only a mid-tier team.

Proving my point last night again.

Now let's see if it stays true that they will be playing a bad defensive team tonight. My guess is their shooting will win it.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#20 » by ILOVEIT » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:29 am

wco81 wrote:Too much of the season left.

Updated: They will not make the playoffs AS CURRENTLY CONSTITUTED. Of course if they trade for Bradley Beal etc....totally different story.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.

Return to Golden State Warriors