ImageImageImage

Ben Simmons Thread #2 (“Don’t make me contact Howard” Edition)

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,449

Re: Ben Simmons Thread #2 (“Don’t make me contact Howard” Edition) 

Post#921 » by Foye » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:40 am

shangrila wrote:I think adding Simmons changes the equation entirely.

Another headcase for a team already filled with headcases certainly doesn't change a lot.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#922 » by minimus » Tue Nov 2, 2021 10:41 am

Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 14,221

Post#923 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:19 am

So far the 76ers are holding out well without Simmons. I think they are good enough to coast for a while.
When luck shuts the door skill comes in through the window.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,933

Post#924 » by Mamba4Goat » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:38 am

Something I hadn’t thought of much, but would Simmons have a negative impact on Ant’s shot selection? Removing shooters to add a non-shooter may sway him further away from driving more consistently to help create space for others.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#925 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:50 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:Something I hadn’t thought of much, but would Simmons have a negative impact on Ant’s shot selection? Removing shooters to add a non-shooter may sway him further away from driving more consistently to help create space for others.

I have been saying this since this madness began. It’s not just him either. Look at the last few games. PFs guard KAT and Cs cheat off of JO/Vando/even MCD, and they pack the paint. Add Simmons to the mix and Ant will have even less room to work. Ant seems to hate contact (like he is very very scared about going into people to create space,) and even if I am wrong and it is a strategy rather than a fear or preference, less than half of his shots are at the rim. He shoots well below league average from any kind of distance besides at the rim and with Simmons you will damage Ant.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#926 » by Calinks » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:41 pm

Read on Twitter
TheAlanParsons
Junior
And1: 240

Post#927 » by TheAlanParsons » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:05 pm

I amazed anyone wants this unprofessional clown on the team. This dude makes Jimmy Butler look like he has a halo floating over his head.
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#928 » by jpatrick » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:25 pm

TheAlanParsons wrote:I amazed anyone wants this unprofessional clown on the team. This dude makes Jimmy Butler look like he has a halo floating over his head.

Is it worse than Butler who showed up, screamed profanities at his teammates, coaches, GM, and owner than went on a nationwide interview on ESPN to throw the entire organization under the bus.

Is it worse than Harden who made a disgrace of the actual game? He crushed it in game #1 to show teams he could play. Than literally didn’t try on the court and lost games on purpose until the Rockets would trade him.

At least Simmons is keeping his mouth shut, staying away from the team so not to be a distraction, and not disgracing the game by giving a 5% effort in front of paying fans.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,383

Post#929 » by shrink » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:31 pm

TheAlanParsons wrote:I amazed anyone wants this unprofessional clown on the team.

It’s not just Simmons. For years, many desperate Wolves fans have been willing to ignore all negatives or fit issues for any big name player if there was a chance he could join the Wolves.
Calinks
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves

Post#930 » by Calinks » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:32 pm

76ers have some imrpoved numbers when Embiid is out. I knew they had a strong team, that make the Simmons situation a lot easier to handle. They can stay afloat all season probably. If they were to drop off hard the fans would be more restless.
BlacJacMac
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,149

Post#931 » by BlacJacMac » Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:03 pm

Calinks wrote:76ers have some imrpoved numbers when Embiid is out. I knew they had a strong team, that make the Simmons situation a lot easier to handle. They can stay afloat all season probably. If they were to drop off hard the fans would be more restless.

They're also 0-4 since he last played.
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#932 » by karch34 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:05 pm

I think at this point it’s obvious we aren’t going to make any move to fix the roster until the Simmons mess ends.
yuuby
Junior
And1: 123

Post#933 » by yuuby » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:39 pm

There is a good chance that KAT is traded before Simmons.
Slim Tubby
Starter
And1: 1,762

Post#934 » by Slim Tubby » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:44 pm

yuuby wrote:There is a good chance that KAT is traded before Simmons.

There's a good chance that EVERY player in the NBA will be traded before Simmons when you look at what Morey is asking for in return.
Glen Taylor: "Is this moron #1 (Layden)? Put moron #2 (Thibs) on the phone."
jpatrick
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,598

Post#935 » by jpatrick » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:53 am

karch34 wrote:I think at this point it’s obvious we aren’t going to make any move to fix the roster until the Simmons mess ends.

I don’t know if I agree. We have no assets to trade. If Ant/KAT are off the table, who do we move for a quality starter? DLo is a highly negative trade assets. None of the young guys are more than neutral value, at best. So, we trading future picks? When we already look like a disaster and who knows if/when KAT actually asks out, making those picks gold.

I was 100% in on Simmons, but not now. With as bad as we are and with KAT’s uncertainty, I’m not moving 2-3 light to unprotected picks and probably swaps on top of that. No chance. And we have nothing else to offer.

I think Gupta is kind of stuck. Rosas was so bad.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#936 » by shangrila » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:19 am

shrink wrote:
TheAlanParsons wrote:I amazed anyone wants this unprofessional clown on the team.

It’s not just Simmons. For years, many desperate Wolves fans have been willing to ignore all negatives or fit issues for any big name player if there was a chance he could join the Wolves.

We've had 1 playoff appearance in like 17 years. We SHOULD be desperate.

But sure, let's just keep tanking and praying for miracles. That's worked out splendidly so far.
Krapinsky
RealGM
And1: 1,929

Post#937 » by Krapinsky » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:20 pm

If 76ers are truly interested in Grant, then maybe there is still hope for a three way Simmons deal after all.
FinnTheHuman wrote: Your post is just garbage.

NewWolvesOrder wrote:Garbage post, indeed.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#938 » by winforlose » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:43 pm

Dlo, Beasley, Prince, MCD, and Beverly are all having down years. Now granted we are very early in the new season (the next game is just under the 20% mark,) and the league is struggling with the new ball. That said, our trade capital is currently low. Our pick looks like it might be valuable, but any team that trades us a difference maker would be wary of the difference that player makes on our pick. It is also worth mentioning that a ton of our guys contracts expire this year and it will be costly to resign some of them (Naz is a good example.) All of this is to suggest, we don’t have a realistic chance of getting Simmons without drastically overpaying, and as much as some of you want to do that, ask yourself what if the Simmons experiment fails. A lot of you were thrilled to dump Wiggins for Dlo and now there seems to be buyers remorse. What happens if Simmons makes our problems worse and Ant simply cannot find a lane to drive into? What happens if Simmons is dissatisfied playing third wheel to KAT and Ant and wants out. This is not the holy grail so many of you are hoping for. This is the anchor that will secure our spot on the bottom and remove all hope. Any deal for Simmons must be reasonable and address his various flaws (on and off the court.) I just don’t see a deal like that happening any time soon if at all. Meanwhile we cannot be paralyzed into holding onto our assets. We need to make a move for size now and it cannot/must not be for Simmons.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,792

Post#939 » by Klomp » Sat Nov 20, 2021 3:29 pm

karch34 wrote:I think at this point it’s obvious we aren’t going to make any move to fix the roster until the Simmons mess ends.

It's not about Simmons. Moves just rarely happen at this point in the season.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
winforlose
General Manager

Post#940 » by winforlose » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:13 pm

Klomp wrote:

It's not about Simmons. Moves just rarely happen at this point in the season.

True. But, such obvious roster holes are also uncommon at this point in the season. Usually the GM or POBO addresses them in the offseason rather than getting fired for an affair with a married employee.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves