ImageImageImage

Tobias Harris Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Re: Tobias Harris Trade Thread 

Post#621 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:54 pm

I’d rather have CJ at 100/3 then Harris 115/3 especially when the last 2 years of his deal is 38 and 40 mill. Ben, Harris and the Coach gone and maybe two little moves to go to get the team up to scratch. This is the perfect time coming to move on as a bad investment and a lesson. Because at 38 then 40 it’s well overs. It’s pretty much the door is shut.

CJ is sound in the playoffs for what he does.

There’s also Barnes + Bagley for Harris which makes sense. No one good wants to go to the Kings in FA they have cap, easy. Addition by subtraction is the game here it opens up a lot more flexibility down the road.

Morey is very smart at grabbing value and our bench is looking great with a micro budget to work with.

Then Ben plus extra for Brown

But that maybe a pipe dream.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,386

Post#622 » by JRoy » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:59 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
JRoy wrote:These offers are trash

Lillard has had a rough start to the season but the issues don’t look physical to me and I’ve watched every game.

He’s just missing shots he normally hits at a higher rate.

Certainly not trading him for a package around Tobias Harris. We wouldn’t trade CJ for Harris.

No deal for CJ on Sixers end.

Shooting it 20 times to get 23 points. Sub 70% FT. Blazers are 10th in the West. He's 30 years old. Not worth it.

Fair enough.

You keep your overpaid guy and we’ll keep ours.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#623 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:06 pm

DCasey91 wrote:I’d rather have CJ at 100/3 then Harris 115/3 especially when the last 2 years of his deal is 38 and 40 mill. Ben, Harris and the Coach gone and maybe two little moves to go to get the team up to scratch.

CJ is pretty sound in the playoffs for what he does.

There’s also Barnes + Bagley for Harris

Then Ben for Brown

No to CJ. By the age of 23, he was a complete bust in the league with a similar career TS% as De'Aaron Fox (53%) and similarly atrocious at defense.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#624 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:06 pm

I reckon he’ll be gone by the deadline.

Curry 8.1
Niang 3.3
Drummond 2.4

Daryl has a pretty consistent formula when building lists.

2 MAX
1 at 20
1 at or around 10
The rest sub 10 outdoing their price tag.

He loves the analytics, value and all that good stuff. That’s why I reckon he hasn’t bulked at a Ben deal yet considering the offers put forward. Like all of them are marginal/sub value at best here.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#625 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:11 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:I’d rather have CJ at 100/3 then Harris 115/3 especially when the last 2 years of his deal is 38 and 40 mill. Ben, Harris and the Coach gone and maybe two little moves to go to get the team up to scratch.

Then Ben for Brown

No to CJ. By the age of 23, he was a complete bust in the league with a similar career TS% as De'Aaron Fox (53%) and similarly atrocious at defense.

Okay as long as Harris is in the books this team isn’t going anywhere. Unless Harris can be moved for Fox and Ben can moved for another really good player.

Like I said that maybe a pipe dream realistically. CJ has a +15m hedge already and is a better fit next to Embiid. He’s like a final form JJ/Curry those types thrive here.

It’s not like all three have medium returns on their FGA’s they do. CJ is obviously a better shooter then the other two, better fit, has exp and all of them aren’t good defenders.

You like Fox I get it but do you see my points? You alluded to CJ’s return on FGA for points, have you seen Fox’s return it’s awful.

CJ’s rocking 9.7 3PA’s on 4.1 makes a game (42.6%) gun shy he’s certainly not lol.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,795

Post#626 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 3, 2021 8:18 pm

DCasey91 wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:

Then Ben for Brown

Okay as long as Harris is in the books this team isn’t going anywhere. Unless Harris can be moved for Fox and Ben can moved for another really good player.

Like I said that maybe a pipe dream realistically. CJ has a +15m hedge already and is a better fit next to Embiid. He’s like a final form JJ/Curry those types thrive here.

It’s not like all three have medium returns on their FGA’s they do. CJ is obviously a better shooter then the other two, better fit, has exp and all of them aren’t good defenders.

You like Fox I get it but do you see my points? You alluded to CJ’s return on FGA for points, have you seen Fox’s return it’s awful.

CJ’s rocking 9.7 3PA’s on 4.1 makes a game (42.6%) gun shy he’s certainly not lol.

19 shots for 25 ppg last year is what I'm going off of. You can choose to stick to the 7 game stretch where many mainstays in the league are playing like hot garbage.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,683

Post#627 » by stormi » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:40 am

Tovibeus and the absence of his 2 threes, 1 assist and 1 free throw attempt per game not being felt at all.

Shocker.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#628 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:14 am

Yeah I would like CJ for Tobias, I mean another gunner from range can’t hurt right.

We NANGZ 4 the PF spot!
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 411

Post#629 » by Zumramania » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:25 am

stormi wrote:Tovibeus and the absence of his 2 threes, 1 assist and 1 free throw attempt per game not being felt at all.

Shocker.

It actually was a bit of a schock to me to see that Niang is a more useful player to us than him. The 50-40-90 "almost an all-star and a great locker room presence" emperor is finally naked.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,889

Post#630 » by mjkvol » Fri Nov 5, 2021 10:55 am

DCasey91 wrote:Yeah I would like CJ for Tobias, I mean another gunner from range can’t hurt right.

We NANGZ 4 the PF spot!

Man, I'd love to see Niang with the starters. Problem is, that weakens the bench. :o
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#631 » by DCasey91 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 12:06 pm

mjkvol wrote:
DCasey91 wrote:Yeah I would like CJ for Tobias, I mean another gunner from range can’t hurt right.

We NANGZ 4 the PF spot!

Man, I'd love to see Niang with the starters. Problem is, that weakens the bench. :o

I know, though then there could be room JOE TOWN! Haha out with old and in with the new
sodmoraes
Rookie
And1: 537

Post#632 » by sodmoraes » Fri Nov 5, 2021 2:59 pm

We NANGZ 4 the PF spot!

I agree. Niang fits better our starting lineup, if we could get CJ for Tobias our team would be way better. I think Niang is similar to Dario, but a better shooter. Great fit for our PF position. Tobias likes to operate in Embiid spots.
[quote:bba5df4c1f="hornetstime"]jr smith will be out of this league in 2 years, book it.[/quote]
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#633 » by agiaco » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:13 pm

sodmoraes wrote:

We NANGZ 4 the PF spot!

I agree. Niang fits better our starting lineup, if we could get CJ for Tobias our team would be way better. I think Niang is similar to Dario, but a better shooter. Great fit for our PF position. Tobias likes to operate in Embiid spots.

Definitely like Niang a lot. I think he is benefitting from being in the second unit though. Also I am open to trading Toe Bias for CJ but I don't think it makes the team way better.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,718

Post#634 » by the_process » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:18 pm

Would OKC take Tobias into their gobs of cap room for protection removed from that 2025 the Sixers owe them? Maybe send back Derrick Favors?

Or Dallas gets Tobias and Shake, and the Sixers get Hardaway and Powell?

The Spurs waiving Aminu, which I just found out, makes them a really tough sell for a Tobias trade.

Maybe:

PHI gets White, Poeltl, and Thad
SAS gets Tobias, Shake, and Joe

Then the Sixers figure out somewhere else to flip Poeltl.
agiaco
Analyst
And1: 1,126

Post#635 » by agiaco » Fri Nov 5, 2021 3:22 pm

the_process wrote:Would OKC take Tobias into their gobs of cap room for protection removed from that 2025 the Sixers owe them? Maybe send back Derrick Favors?

The Spurs waiving Aminu, which I just found out, makes them a really tough sell for a Tobias trade.

Maybe:

Why would SA do that trade?
the_process
RealGM

Post#636 » by the_process » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:39 pm

agiaco wrote:
the_process wrote:Would OKC take Tobias into their gobs of cap room for protection removed from that 2025 the Sixers owe them? Maybe send back Derrick Favors?

Maybe:

Why would SA do that trade?

They need a centerpiece trade and White has looked like **** so far? They get a couple young guys with some upside? IDK just trying to come up with something.
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,693

Post#637 » by rzzzzz » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:12 pm

So Spike says he heard that Tobias is having a rough time with the virus. Nothing threatening, but not comfortable. Best wishes on a speedy recovery. (Not the best timing for Joe, either, who was just starting to see a little more time to take another crack at it.)
Mr Chim
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#638 » by Mr Chim » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:58 pm

Wolves get Tobias and Shake

Sixers get DLo and Okogie
the_process
RealGM

Post#639 » by the_process » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:09 pm