ImageImageImage

Brown/Tatum

Moderators: bisme37, canman1971, Darthlukey, Shak_Celts, Froob, Parliament10, shackles10, snowman

JT or JB?

Jaylen Brown
36%
Jayson Tatum
64%

Total votes: 70

CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Re: Brown/Tatum 

Post#21 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:45 pm

The Comedian wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:
The Comedian wrote:
What is this island you speak of? Chris Forsberg mentioned a Nesmith island earlier today, where could he have heard that term?

Oh, if it ends up coming down to it, Tatum. Better shot creator, scorer, passer, takes better care of the ball, better bball iq, and better team defender. And he’s 23 for almost this whole season, whereas Jaylen is already 25. Jaylen definitely a better man defender, and doesn’t need to get himself into a rhythm like Tatum does, and he’s cheaper. Give me the deluxe crispy sandwich, not the value menu version.

Tatum is the homemade Mac and cheese, where you use 3 different types of cheese and have bits of bacon added in. And Jaylen is Kraft Dinner.

To be fair, Kraft Mac and cheese is super slept on. When I’m stoned, it always hits the spot.

It is neon orange, toxic sludge that probably glows in the dark. I bet you put ketchup in that thing too, huh?
Feed Your Head
RealGM
And1: 69,465

Post#22 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:46 pm

The Comedian wrote:
Tatum is the homemade Mac and cheese, where you use 3 different types of cheese and have bits of bacon added in. And Jaylen is Kraft Dinner.

To be fair, Kraft Mac and cheese is super slept on. When I’m stoned, it always hits the spot.

It is neon orange, toxic sludge that probably glows in the dark. I bet you put ketchup in that thing too, huh?

Hell no.

Raisins.
Bohemian
Analyst
And1: 3,308

Post#23 » by Bohemian » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:49 pm

These threads are funny. Why choose? They are both under contract. This season has been amazing for Jaylen (except for the ball handling) and a bad one for Jayson so far... but they will be perfect soon. No need to decide, really. Relax and enjoy. We just had two fantastic defensive efforts in Florida and the team seems to start to gel.

Let´s go Celtics!
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#24 » by djFan71 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:50 pm

Brown has made great strides. His shooting still kinda boggles my mind. BBIQ is really the only thing holding him back. Not that he doesn't understand the game, per se, but I think it takes him a little longer to process things than it does Tatum. Both on team D and playmaking. That's the key separator to me - well, that and availability. So, I go Tatum.

If Jaylen ever closes the processing speed gap and can stay healthy, it gets real interesting. Those are just 2 hard things to really improve on, though.
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,836

Post#25 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:52 pm

The Comedian wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Hell no.

Raisins.

Wanna know what pairs well with raisins?

Spoiler:
TommyPointGawd
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,817

Post#26 » by TommyPointGawd » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:02 pm

Bohemian wrote:These threads are funny. Why choose? They are both under contract. This season has been amazing for Jaylen (except for the ball handling) and a bad one for Jayson so far... but they will be perfect soon. No need to decide, really. Relax and enjoy. We just had two fantastic defensive efforts in Florida and the team seems to start to gel.

Let´s go Celtics!

Big facts. For multiple reasons
I apologize for the things I have said in the past. :cry:
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,221

Post#27 » by djFan71 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:32 pm

The Comedian wrote:What is this island you speak of? Chris Forsberg mentioned a Nesmith island earlier today, where could he have heard that term?

Best part, is there is no Nesmith Island. Everyone loves the dude. Not getting PT early in the season does not an island make. Nobody's out there saying he sucks and ganging up on the one person left defending him. He's just not getting run. Supporting the young guy who spaces the floor and has an infectious playing style, isn't going it alone, lol.
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,954

Post#28 » by 31to6 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:15 pm

did I just **** read about raisins in Kraft mac and cheese where am I you monsters
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
jfs1000d
RealGM
And1: 13,973

Post#29 » by jfs1000d » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:20 pm

I love Brown.

But Tatum is the guy. Just god given length. Tatum is the only one on the team who you double team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
truth18
RealGM
And1: 42,830

Post#30 » by truth18 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:57 pm

31to6 wrote:did I just **** read about raisins in Kraft mac and cheese where am I you monsters

You know where you are rn.

jfs1000d wrote:I love Brown.

But Tatum is the guy. Just god given length. Tatum is the only one on the team who you double team.

Excellent take.
YOU LOSE
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#31 » by Feed Your Head » Fri Nov 5, 2021 10:04 pm

31to6 wrote:did I just **** read about raisins in Kraft mac and cheese where am I you monsters

Tatumfor2
Starter
And1: 4,673

Post#32 » by Tatumfor2 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 10:20 pm

Win it for Al!!! :pray:
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,772

Post#33 » by Curmudgeon » Fri Nov 5, 2021 10:24 pm

truth18 wrote:

You know where you are rn.

jfs1000d wrote:I love Brown.

Excellent take.

My take is that Tatum doesn't make decisions quickly enough, so the double teams are effective. Tatum is still tricky dribbling when the second defender arrives. And more oftren than not he tries to bull his way through both of them.

They don't double team Kawhi, because by the time the second defender arrives, the play is over.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Bad-Thoma
Head Coach
And1: 8,981

Post#34 » by Bad-Thoma » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:35 am

The Comedian wrote:
The Comedian wrote:

Hell no.

Raisins.

How do I revoke every +1 I've ever given you for anything?

SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,443

Post#35 » by SichtingLives » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:50 am

I don't see a path to a ring with Tatum or Brown but the franchise and ownership aren't playing for rings. Can't spin this teams direction to the fanbase and media behind Jaylen as a #1 guy so Tatum it is.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#36 » by 1st banana » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:56 am

Fan me says I couldn’t choose between one of my sons like that I don’t want either gone.

General manager me says Tatum is better and seemingly less injury prone. Still love JB tho.

Also the raisins thing tho that’s just a weird joke you don’t really put raisins on Mac n cheese do you? I had a friend who put pepper on his Kraft which I thought even that was weird af.
Feed Your Head
RealGM

Post#37 » by Feed Your Head » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:10 am

1st banana wrote:Fan me says I couldn’t choose between one of my sons like that I don’t want either gone.

General manager me says Tatum is better and seemingly less injury prone. Still love JB tho.

Also the raisins thing tho that’s just a weird joke you don’t really put raisins on Mac n cheese do you? I had a friend who put pepper on his Kraft which I thought even that was weird af.

No I don’t lol, it’s a long running joke between CFSB and myself. I hate mayonnaise, he loves it. And he hates raisins, and I love golden ones. But not in Mac and cheese lol, or in anything else.
TheMartian
General Manager
And1: 6,246

Post#38 » by TheMartian » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:18 am

Tatum is still my guy. I just wish he grows out of that habit of sulking and complaining to the refs.

Love JB too, though.
1st banana
Starter
And1: 3,002

Post#39 » by 1st banana » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:24 am

The Comedian wrote:
1st banana wrote:Fan me says I couldn’t choose between one of my sons like that I don’t want either gone.

No I don’t lol, it’s a long running joke between CFSB and myself. I hate mayonnaise, he loves it. And he hates raisins, and I love golden ones. But not in Mac and cheese lol, or in anything else.

God I hate both of those things lol. Mayo more so tho.

Just found out my favorite empanadas from Red Ribbon have always had raisins and I never even noticed and now they’re completely ruined.
zoyathedestroya
RealGM
And1: 89,201

Post#40 » by zoyathedestroya » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:37 am

The little guy!! Okungwu time!!

Return to Boston Celtics