Post#1 » by ducler » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:06 pm

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Re: GT #10, Cavaliers @ Raptors, 5 November 2021, 7:30 PM ET 

Post#2 » by jbk1234 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:18 am

Not a Stevens guy, but if he's going to be on the roster, it's for situations when the other team is playing this physically.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#3 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:42 am

I am such a La Mar guy as anybody could be.
He should grab some minutes regardless the opponent.

But agree something different should be tried by Bic Cristal in no time.

Our game looks dizzy, sloppy and out of focus. Looks far worse in attack but it's being hard at defense too. Either we change the energy or this will be a tough L.

Toronto is a better team but we would have legit options to win if we could recall the intensity both ends we displayed before against even better teams than Raptors.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#4 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:01 am

La Mar in!!
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
LesGrossman
Head Coach
And1: 4,114

Post#5 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:39 am

Without Sexton this is an easy win.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#6 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:40 am

Wow at 2:35 left coach finally reacts and takes the raptors best player out...
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

Fan of the game of Basketball, no matter the team, league or players. Opposed to all sorts of person cult and show/entertainment/marketing over substance.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#7 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:47 am

Unbelievable. He brings him back for the final play and he screws two posessions up at once. Does he know something to blackmail the coach with? I am new to the Cavs but i struggle to understand why Sexton isnt on the far end of the bench.
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:54 am

La Mar Deserves An Extension.
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#9 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:32 am

LesGrossman wrote:Unbelievable. He brings him back for the final play and he screws two posessions up at once. Does he know something to blackmail the coach with? I am new to the Cavs but i struggle to understand why Sexton isnt on the far end of the bench.

He’s a good player in a slump. My guess is that he’s learning that he’s more $15mil than $25mil and it’s affecting him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
KuruptedCav
Analyst

Post#10 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:35 am

I avoid the boards during the games because the ride is fun. Enjoying this. It was nice to see the two best rookies in the class in the court tonight. I still think Barnes would have been a great pick, but Mobley can be special, and I’m so happy we didn’t get dumb and trade up or down.

afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#11 » by afarmenian » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:50 am

KuruptedCav wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:Unbelievable. He brings him back for the final play and he screws two posessions up at once. Does he know something to blackmail the coach with? I am new to the Cavs but i struggle to understand why Sexton isnt on the far end of the bench.

He’s a good player in a slump. My guess is that he’s learning that he’s more $15mil than $25mil and it’s affecting him.

He has always been a streaky player, it might just be simple as that. Thats not the real issue with Sexton, there are plenty of streaky scorers. The problem is he forces things and just seems content to shoot himself out of slumps. That works off the bench but i just don't see him as starter or as a part of who you want finishing games. I don't understand how the coaches cant see that. He is Jordan Clarkson so lets end the charade now. If he doesnt like it trade him for what you can get.
LesGrossman
Head Coach

Post#12 » by LesGrossman » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:52 am

KuruptedCav wrote:

Serious question: What is he good at? I can see that he can have better shooting nights but the decision making is horrid and he doesnt seem to understand that the game isnt all about him but about his team winning...i mean if you dribble into the paint three times just to turn the ball over, whats more important - to prove a point and try it over and over again, or help your team win?
Pray for Israel
Peace in Jerusalem

afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#13 » by afarmenian » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:54 am

LesGrossman wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:

Serious question: What is he good at? I can see that he can have better shooting nights but the decision making is horrid and he doesnt seem to understand that the game isnt all about him but about his team winning...i mean if you dribble into the paint three times just to turn the ball over, whats more important - to prove a point and try it over and over again, or help your team win?

Well he is probably one of the fastest players in the open court and is pretty good and drawing fouls. Hey i am not team Sexton by any means but he isnt a total scrub either.
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#14 » by Revenged25 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:14 am

KuruptedCav wrote:I avoid the boards during the games because the ride is fun. Enjoying this. It was nice to see the two best rookies in the class in the court tonight. I still think Barnes would have been a great pick, but Mobley can be special, and I’m so happy we didn’t get dumb and trade up or down.

The only better scenario was if we could've gotten both Mobley and Barnes...
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#15 » by Revenged25 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:21 am

LesGrossman wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:

He's been better decision maker but his teammates haven't knocked down shots, also doesn't seem like he's in sync with Allen as the past 2 games I've seen Sexton want to try to connect with Allen only to not be on the same page with him. Vs Portland he overthrew Allen with what seemed like he was expecting him to cut harder and in this past game there was a drive after an attempted pick where Sexton was looking for the Lob to Allen after he was collapsed on but Allen didn't roll to follow to the rim and was still about the FT line so Sexton tossed up a half lob/half shot that was obviously a miss.

Sexton's definitely trying to adjust his game this year to a different playstyle than in years past. The previous 3 years it's been more, just go get us buckets cuz no one else can. This year he's being asked to look for his teammates more and you can see it both in him making passes that just don't get knocked down as well as some of the turnovers that he would've just taken the shot himself and either made or possible drawn contact on in the past.

Granted this game he was off shooting so putting the ball in his hands at the end wasn't probably the best call, but no one else on the team has shown the clutch gene outside of Sexton so they probably hoped that he would've overcome his earlier struggles and made the play like you've seen superstars do all the time. Garland probably lucked out on that foul call as it was a little questionable if it was even a foul but they called it and he knocked down the FTs so it worked out.
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,652

Post#16 » by toooskies » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:23 am

Sexton has been off his game, but he has been an efficient high-volume scorer. The rule changes affecting foul calls and the ball changes affect him more than the rest of the team. He needs to play his way through to a better version of himself now that he has a solid team around him and he can trust them.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#17 » by Revenged25 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:59 am

toooskies wrote:Sexton has been off his game, but he has been an efficient high-volume scorer. The rule changes affecting foul calls and the ball changes affect him more than the rest of the team. He needs to play his way through to a better version of himself now that he has a solid team around him and he can trust them.

He's been playing better defense, trying to play more off ball, more willing to give up the ball, and you can see him trying to pass more often on his drives, some have been bad attempts others have been miscommunications. In a contract year after not getting his rookie extension, the fact that instead of going out and putting up 24 FGA and trying to score as many points as he can which we call know he can do, he's instead is trying to reinvent his game should show that he's willing to play for the team, not for himself like some would like to suggest, and it's a work in progress as it's something him and his teammates aren't used to preparing for. AT LEAST 2 turnovers/missed shots in the past two games with Sexton IMO have been due to miscommunications with Allen where he either expected Allen to cut faster and overthrew him or expected Allen to be rolling to the rim only for him to still be at the FT line so ended up tossing up a half shot/half lob that missed.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,382

Post#18 » by JonFromVA » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:04 am

Collin had a bad game, but if you watched the Portland game you should know what he can do. Oh and DG was clearly tripped also gets my MVP for the game for his 4th quarter performance ... honorable mention to Allen.
KuruptedCav
Analyst

Post#19 » by KuruptedCav » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:11 am

LesGrossman wrote:
KuruptedCav wrote:

He’s very good at avoiding shot clock violations; important when half the team cannot create their own shot (and half is an improvement over previous seasons).

Generally, he’s an efficient offensive player with a high motor, solid length, and creative finishing around the basket.

This season though he’s a step slow as he works through transitioning his game and things aren’t second nature. Those game improvements other posters noted aren’t instinctual yet, that’s stop, think, do. When the game slows back down for him his success rate will tick back up.

As for shooting himself out of a slump; that’s what you do. The next shot is always going to find the bottom of the net.

El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by El Hespiritu » Sat Nov 6, 2021 11:16 am

The sooner Sextonto understands this is the team of La Mar, the better.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers