ImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Re: Around the NBA- 2020/2021 Edition 

Post#1061 » by drsd » Wed Nov 3, 2021 7:57 am

thelead wrote:Jalen Green is special...

thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,649

Post#1062 » by thelead » Wed Nov 3, 2021 6:17 pm

drsd wrote:
thelead wrote:Jalen Green is special...

Admittedly, he's playing Cole-level defense and is a TO machine at the moment. He needs to put on a good amount of weight and improve his shot selection.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1063 » by MagicFan101 » Fri Nov 5, 2021 1:14 am

When will we get the bombshell article on the DeVos family?

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Optimus_Steel
RealGM
And1: 11,150

Post#1064 » by Optimus_Steel » Fri Nov 5, 2021 4:16 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:When will we get the bombshell article on the DeVos family?

Read on Twitter
?s=21

the Devos have friends in high places.
aka: prorl
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#1065 » by orlando_joe » Fri Nov 5, 2021 6:54 pm

Optimus_Steel wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

plus they are great people and great owners
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,818

Post#1066 » by RookieStar » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:10 pm

Yeah.. is there something about the Devos family that some of you hate? Aside from politics of course. A lot of us non-American Magic fans always seem to be clueless about it because based on what we see/read/hear, they are great owners of the Magic.

1.) They are willing to spend as evidenced by the Ra$$hard Lewis contract and other overpaid scrubs
2.) Great owners let their employees handle and not micromanage ( like SAC overruling their GM's draft choices )
3.) etc etc
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1067 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:58 pm

RookieStar wrote:Yeah.. is there something about the Devos family that some of you hate? Aside from politics of course. A lot of us non-American Magic fans always seem to be clueless about it because based on what we see/read/hear, they are great owners of the Magic.

1.) They are willing to spend as evidenced by the Ra$$hard Lewis contract and other overpaid scrubs
2.) Great owners let their employees handle and not micromanage ( like SAC overruling their GM's draft choices )
3.) etc etc

Magic family were founders in Amway. (ie pyramid scheme)

and their politics rub people wrong
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1068 » by RookieStar » Fri Nov 5, 2021 9:50 pm

tiderulz wrote:
RookieStar wrote:Yeah.. is there something about the Devos family that some of you hate? Aside from politics of course. A lot of us non-American Magic fans always seem to be clueless about it because based on what we see/read/hear, they are great owners of the Magic.

3.) etc etc

Oh I def know about Amway. But hey, they can't force you to join if you don't want to.

And as I said, aside from politics, why do some NOT like them. I kinda want to know "basketball reasons" why they think the Devos are bad owners.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,959

Post#1069 » by Xatticus » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:02 pm

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

3.) etc etc

Oh I def know about Amway. But hey, they can't force you to join if you don't want to.

And as I said, aside from politics, why do some NOT like them. I kinda want to know "basketball reasons" why they think the Devos are bad owners.

An illegal business model where they exploit desperate people and essentially made their family fortune by draining the bank accounts of their employees. Nepotism. Thinly veiled class warfare and racism.

I've always thought that we were disadvantaged by an organizational hierarchy based on patronage and subservience as opposed to results.

I suppose you can argue that they are good owners. I've never felt that way, but I don't know enough about the rest of the owners to determine where they would rank. I don't know how one can argue that they are good people.

I wish people would stop bringing them up. I enjoy Orlando Magic basketball more when I don't think about ownership.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
RookieStar
RealGM

Post#1070 » by RookieStar » Fri Nov 5, 2021 11:15 pm

Xatticus wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Magic family were founders in Amway. (ie pyramid scheme)

An illegal business model where they exploit desperate people and essentially made their family fortune by draining the bank accounts of their employees. Nepotism. Thinly veiled class warfare and racism.

I've always thought that we were disadvantaged by an organizational hierarchy based on patronage and subservience as opposed to results.

I suppose you can argue that they are good owners. I've never felt that way, but I don't know enough about the rest of the owners to determine where they would rank. I don't know how one can argue that they are good people.

I wish people would stop bringing them up. I enjoy Orlando Magic basketball more when I don't think about ownership.

Well.. personally I always thought MLM/pyramids are shady especially with the "bossbabe" beign thrown around. Why doesn't the government step up and shut it down though?

Anyway yeah I agree.. I like Orlando Magic and I also want my fellow fans and posters to stop bringing up " bad owner" just because politics doesn't align.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,104

Post#1071 » by tiderulz » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:49 am

RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

3.) etc etc

politics aside, i think they have been good owners (aside from letting Martins have too much say). and have always been willing to spend money after the Shaq fiasco
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,587

Post#1072 » by Rainwater » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:52 am

tiderulz wrote:

3.) etc etc

I am an independent that leans left and yes, you can say their politics rub people the wrong way but as soon as one takes part in politics and states an opinion half the population is going to hate you. So politics doesn't even need to be said.
Showbiz Bear
Rookie
And1: 477

Post#1073 » by Showbiz Bear » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:13 am

Xatticus wrote:
RookieStar wrote:
tiderulz wrote:Magic family were founders in Amway. (ie pyramid scheme)

And-1

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Post#1074 » by drsd » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:01 pm

Is the Sam Dekker era over ???

MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#1075 » by MagicFan101 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:38 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
Optimus_Steel wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

plus they are great people and great owners

:lol: good one
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#1076 » by pepe1991 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:14 pm

Man Harden, Luka, Trae , Beal... their game fell apart with refs don't sucking into all flopping
Lillard just looks like he declined or whatever, just doesn't look like old Lillard
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,050

Post#1077 » by MagicStarwipe » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:34 pm

Maybe the days of inflated stats are over and 90's players can be rated fairly again.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,284

Post#1078 » by pepe1991 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:51 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:Maybe the days of inflated stats are over and 90's players can be rated fairly again.

Yea.. it feels like nba finally allowed bit of physicallity back and guards across the league struggle the most.

And not just guards... Lebron has worst percentages in his life ( before injury) , Tatum shoots 25 times for 25 shots...

on other side guys who play out of their mind are Durant, Derozan, Giannis , George , Curry...

Valenciunas is best candidate for trade to contender, this guy is averaging 20-14 and is stuck in horrendus, directionless Pelicans roster.
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,715

Post#1079 » by basketballRob » Sun Nov 7, 2021 1:07 am

AG with the game winner.

Read on Twitter
?t=ve6ub1ctfNnPYVhJ2oaSQQ&s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,402

Post#1080 » by Bensational » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:16 am

This Bulls - 6ers game is really good. LaVine and Bulls looking like this year’s Booker and Suns story. DeRozan has been a beast and Lonzo is a perfect fit for them. DJJr is playing a great Jerami Grant/AG role for them right now.

Return to Orlando Magic