42%

Total votes: 33

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 35,843

Re: If You Had to Choose: Kyrie for... 

Post#61 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:48 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:Honestly, you guys are doing a lot of wishful thinking. Eric Adams doesn't take office til next year, and frankly, we have no evidence outside of vague statements that he's going to lift the mandate.

This isn't some game. If he lifts the mandate and cases in NYC begin to skyrocket, that's his ass. There is also evidence that Adams is actually more pro mandate than DeBlasio is based on his views regarding mandating children be vaccinated to attend school.

But, whatever. I'm not looking to debate this, I just wanted to pump the brakes a bit.

Also, Woj:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The last time Woj got on TV and spoke like this about us, Kyrie got told to stay home the next day. That was not a coincidence. I absolutely believe that Woj has a source inside the Nets and these trade calls are real.

Personally? I would not want him traded. But at this point, if the Nets can add more to this roster by trading a guy who basically abandoned the team, you do it.

Also, we're now seeing unvaccinated players going out around the league with covid. Tobias Harris is out now, Khris Middleton is out and was actually pretty symptomatic from what I read. You don't want that crap here and we lose Harden or KD for games due to exposure or actual breakthroughs.

The weather is cooling down and that is ripe for the virus to start spreading. The NY Giants are dealing with covid issues now, even a vaccinated player like Saquon Barkley tested positive. Aaron Rodgers is now out because he contracted Covid, most likely at a Halloween party (he also lied and told the media he's vaccinated, which is a whole other topic). This is not the time to be messing around.

1) Eric Adams never talked of lifting the Mandate. He talked about revising it. he said if current administration doesn't he will. Which he should since the mandate SHOULD exsist and it SHOULD be revised, since it is complete trash in a dozen ways. He want to protect citizens but also get them back to work. forcing municipal worker to get vaccinated or lost their job during the Holidays is political suicide and really not a great look. Forget Kyrie, there are plenty other instances where you hav e95% vaccinated workforce where those unvaxxed should be allowed to work following strict protocols (multipe tests, masks, etc...).

2) He said he was "extremely optomistic" kyrie would be back playing this year. Its good politically when sports teams do well. it increases economy around them. Kyrie probably doesnt move the needle for the nets so much but there are what. 12 teams across 4 sports? Scientifically, there is no reason why Beal or Middleton, or whomever poses less risk then Kyrie. The scientific risk is also approach 0 in a scenario where:
-players are vaccinated
-Kyrie is contact traced
-Kyrie is masked 100% of the time off court
-Kyrie is tested 2+ times per day

3) Regarding breakthrough infections. they are extremely rare and the majority of sports cases where COVID is infectin teams is because these guys are not actually vaccinated. Bert Breer talked today that after the rogers thing concern around the league is agents are getting this guys fake vaccination cards.

Breakthrough infection when 0-5% of your team is unvaccinated and following protocol is extremely rare. and guys like Harris/Midddleton or any player is probably more likely to get COVID from their personal live areound unmasked unvaxxed friends who are not going through testing/protocol Kyrie/unvaxxed players need to go through.

4) Most relevant to the Nets, you 100% do NOT trade Kyrie if it looks like the mandate will be revised to allow him to play. 1/2 season + playoffs of Kyrie is like 5 to 10 times better then any return we could get for him. And if you DO trade him, its after the mandate is revised, so that teams dont short change you, he can play vs the knicks/nets (2 lock playoff teams) and his value is alot higher and he can maybe play a week or 2 to raise value with on court play.

Yeah I am just saying, I don't know if Adams is going to carve out exemptions for athletes while cops, firefighters, nurses etc are on unpaid leave. He's also signaled that he wants to have vaccine mandates for children (which are technically already in place, but just adding covid to the requirements). I wouldn't get my hopes up in that regard.

Also, I look at timing. Now's the time of year where a lot of indoor activity happens and the chances of spreading amongst the unvaccinated population are pretty high. So by the time he's sworn in on New Year's Day, we'd have to hope that the data following Thanksgiving and Christmas doesn't lead to the mandate either staying how it is or getting even stricter.

And honestly based on that whole Aaron Rodgers situation, I would not be shocked if clubs aren't following league rules to the letter of the law when it comes to antivax players or guys are getting fake vaccination cards. It's a shame that it's come to blatant dishonesty now.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#62 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 4, 2021 7:53 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:Thanks for the update MDB.

At my core, I'm equal parts sentimentalist and pragmatist. I love the prodigal son story of Kyrie here, especially since he influenced 2 of the top 4 players in the league to come here. No matter what, I'll always appreciate that, and I wish he could be here to see this project to its fruition. Still, we're dealing with an unreliable 3rd star who wants to lead but doesn't communicate, and suffers from the empathy version of farsightedness. He will move mountains to help a stranger across the globe, but won't do the bare minimum to help a teammate. He actually *could* work as the offensive talisman on a defensive juggernaut, but I don't think we can afford our Ringo/Rodman to be this flighty.

Yeah regardless of my personal views on vaccinations and covid, I want Kyrie here to win with us. But I guess it's not happening.

and now there is this:

Read on Twitter

Sh*t is going to hit the fan.

Woof. forget the Nets, that is going to send some serious waves across the country. props to Biden if he has the balls to do it. 1/2 the states will fight it. would be a wedge issue for senate elections. I think he is smarter to let states handle it. the red ones are going to fight/ignore it, and the blue ones are already kind of inline with that

it's going to get ugly.

HardenGoat
Analyst
And1: 2,445

Post#63 » by HardenGoat » Fri Nov 5, 2021 5:27 am

Thereā€™s a provision for weekly testing for unvaccinated so I donā€™t think that will affect nba players
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#64 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 6, 2021 1:47 am

As I predicted Eric Adams is not ending the mandate or making exceptions. Kyrie has to get vaccinated

If he refuses, he needs to provide Marks with a list of teams he would want to play for so that we can end this. He's holding us back.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#65 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:57 am

MrDollarBills wrote:As I predicted Eric Adams is not ending the mandate or making exceptions. Kyrie has to get vaccinated

If he refuses, he needs to provide Marks with a list of teams he would want to play for so that we can end this. He's holding us back.

That's right, he needs to $#!+ or get off the pot. The only reason he would resist a trade AND the vaccine at this point is that he would rather get paid 1/2 of his money to not play here, rather than receive all of his money playing for someone else. Implicit in this train of thought is that he would rather torpedo the odds of his BFF winning another chip, than cooperate with a trade.

I have lost faith that his motivation is still related to sentimentality for his childhood team. It can't have anything to do with loyalty or leadership to his team and friends. I don't even think it has to do with the vaccine or the mandate, that's just a convenient excuse. I think he has lost interest in the NBA, and has decided that being the center of attention for all the wrong reasons is more appealing. Not to armchair psychoanalyze, it feels like depression and megalomania, an explosive combination.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#66 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:07 am

MrDollarBills wrote:As I predicted Eric Adams is not ending the mandate or making exceptions. Kyrie has to get vaccinated

Adams already said he is revising the mandate. it doesnt need to end. and it would be a good look for him to mirror bidens plan that requires vaccination Or testing twice weekly. Adams needs to get people back to work for the Holidays. if not, its going to get uglier then covid.
Gooner
Head Coach
And1: 5,414

Post#67 » by Gooner » Sat Nov 6, 2021 9:01 am

Houston seems like an obvious trade partner in a Kyrie trade. Eric Gordon, Danuel House and Daniel Theis for Kyrie and Claxton would give you shooting and defensive toughness that you need. Harden would also reunite with his former teammates and that would be a step in convincing him to stay. Claxton is clearly expendable as Nets want shooting bigs and they brought a bunch of veteran players to play 4 and 5. He could be used as an asset in this situation.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Post#68 » by TheNetsFan » Sat Nov 6, 2021 11:01 am

Gooner wrote:Houston seems like an obvious trade partner in a Kyrie trade. Eric Gordon, Danuel House and Daniel Theis for Kyrie and Claxton would give you shooting and defensive toughness that you need. Harden would also reunite with his former teammates and that would be a step in convincing him to stay. Claxton is clearly expendable as Nets want shooting bigs and they brought a bunch of veteran players to play 4 and 5. He could be used as an asset in this situation.

Who are you cutting to make that trade? Frankly, I have no interest in any of those guys.
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#69 » by Gooner » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:51 pm

TheNetsFan wrote:
Gooner wrote:Houston seems like an obvious trade partner in a Kyrie trade. Eric Gordon, Danuel House and Daniel Theis for Kyrie and Claxton would give you shooting and defensive toughness that you need. Harden would also reunite with his former teammates and that would be a step in convincing him to stay. Claxton is clearly expendable as Nets want shooting bigs and they brought a bunch of veteran players to play 4 and 5. He could be used as an asset in this situation.

Who are you cutting to make that trade? Frankly, I have no interest in any of those guys.

Why not? Nets need more shooting and all these guys can do that and they can switch defensively.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,423

Post#70 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:05 pm

I think you misspelled "jalen green and 3 future 1sts"
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#71 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:39 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

I think you misspelled "jalen green and 3 future 1sts"

i wouldnt trade just claxton for that
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#72 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:45 pm

Gooner wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:

Why not? Nets need more shooting and all these guys can do that and they can switch defensively.

on what planet do the nets "not have enough shooting"?

Durant 39% for his career, 45% last year
Harden 37% career, 41% last year (4th all time in made threes)
Harris 44% career, 48% last year
Mills 39% career, 38% last year
Carter 38% career, 37% last year
milsap 35% career, 35% last year
Blake 34% career, 38% last year

and that doesnt even count Kyrie, who if comes back is 39% career 40% last year

the nets were #2 in the NBA in threes last year and are 6th this year despite a poor start from three from Joe Harris.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#73 » by MrDollarBills » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:15 pm

Prokorov wrote:

Adams already said he is revising the mandate. it doesnt need to end. and it would be a good look for him to mirror bidens plan that requires vaccination Or testing twice weekly. Adams needs to get people back to work for the Holidays. if not, its going to get uglier then covid.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Adams is not going change the rules. I told you bro, you were reading way too much into a casual statement. Yesterday he said Kyrie and the NBA need to figure it out.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#74 » by Prokorov » Sat Nov 6, 2021 11:53 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Adams is not going change the rules. I told you bro, you were reading way too much into a casual statement. Yesterday he said Kyrie and the NBA need to figure it out.

he stated multiple time she is going to revise them. this is politician speak. he isnt going to walk into the quesitons that he is changing a mandate just for kyrie. the nba is powerless here anyway.

its 100% kyrie will be able to play in january. if not, adams head will be on a stick. and not cause kyrie, cause he put NY'ers out of work on christmas
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#75 » by Gooner » Sun Nov 7, 2021 9:14 am

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Who are you cutting to make that trade? Frankly, I have no interest in any of those guys.

the nets were #2 in the NBA in threes last year and are 6th this year despite a poor start from three from Joe Harris.

Apart from KD, Harris and Mills, none of these shooters are scary, and you have guys like Brown, Bembry and Johnson who can't shoot at all. Harden shoots contested threes off of stepback so I put him in a separate category.

If you add more shooting you don't have to play non shooters at all, and that's a plus in itself. If you replace Bruce Brown with a guy like Eric Gordon who won the 3 point contest, it adds so much to your offense. Having Blake and Brown both in the starting lineup clogs the offense too much in this 3 point era. Blake is an improved shooter, but he won't scare anybody taking those 3 pointers from the top with his slow release.

House can play 3 and 4, which is something you don't have apart from KD, and Theis can be a long term big man option unlike all those old guys that you have, and he can also play 2 positions.

The point is that you have to get something for Kyrie, because he can't give you nothing in current situation. You have to settle for less.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#76 » by MrDollarBills » Sun Nov 7, 2021 1:14 pm

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

he stated multiple time she is going to revise them. this is politician speak. he isnt going to walk into the quesitons that he is changing a mandate just for kyrie. the nba is powerless here anyway.

its 100% kyrie will be able to play in january. if not, adams head will be on a stick. and not cause kyrie, cause he put NY'ers out of work on christmas

Quick note: Eric Adams doesn't get sworn in until January 1st, so he has no say right now.. Unvaccinated workers in NYC have made their choice, and being out of work through the holidays is the consequences of their decision to not be vaccinated. Freedom of choice.

Adams is more hard line on vaccines than DeBlasio is, I'm telling you :lol: Kyrie isn't playing this season unless NYC hits certain metrics in terms of vaccination rates and infections/hospitalizations. If that happens, that's honestly great news.

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#77 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:11 pm

Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:

Apart from KD, Harris and Mills, none of these shooters are scary, and you have guys like Brown, Bembry and Johnson who can't shoot at all. Harden shoots contested threes off of stepback so I put him in a separate category.

So other then the best 3point shooter in the league the past 3 years, the best shoofting PF of all-time, the 4th most prolific 3 point shooter ever, and a career 40 point sniper "none of these guys are scary". We have one of if not the most deadly 3 point arsenals in the league. we have shooting all over the roster. Shooting is like the very last thing we need

If you add more shooting you don't have to play non shooters at all, and that's a plus in itself. If you replace Bruce Brown with a guy like Eric Gordon who won the 3 point contest, it adds so much to your offense. Having Blake and Brown both in the starting lineup clogs the offense too much in this 3 point era. Blake is an improved shooter, but he won't scare anybody taking those 3 pointers from the top with his slow release.

IF we want more shooting we dont need to trade for Gordon. we have guys on the bench we can sub in.

House can play 3 and 4, which is something you don't have apart from KD, and Theis can be a long term big man option unlike all those old guys that you have, and he can also play 2 positions.

We have plenty of 3/4 types on the team besides KD. its not a need. We addressed that in the offseason

The point is that you have to get something for Kyrie, because he can't give you nothing in current situation. You have to settle for less.

no, you dont. you dont give up on all-time great potential for dog crap trash that probably wont even be able to crack the rotation. Kyrie potentially playing only road playoff games is 10,000 times more valuable then anything that pupu platter of dog turd adds. id trade Kyrie for something that actually moves the needle, this is far far far from it
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#78 » by Prokorov » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:18 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Quick note: Eric Adams doesn't get sworn in until January 1st, so he has no say right now.. Unvaccinated workers in NYC have made their choice, and being out of work through the holidays is the consequences of their decision to not be vaccinated. Freedom of choice.

Adams is more hard line on vaccines than DeBlasio is, I'm telling you :lol: Kyrie isn't playing this season unless NYC hits certain metrics in terms of vaccination rates and infections/hospitalizations. If that happens, that's honestly great news.

Adams has influence. if people want to keep their jobs or get elected again, its good to play nice on the way out. Adams statement of "if they dont do it, on january 1st i will" is a shot across the bow in that regard.

And I dont think it was really much of a choice for alot of people. this isnt coke vs. pepsi we are talking about here. its an unprecedented (at least in the last 80 years) global pandemic that is forcing them to choose between putting something in their body they dont want/trust/whatever vs. losing their livelyhood. anyone still not vaccinated feels strongly about that enough.

We are past the point were it is unsafe to have unvaccinated people in the workforce IF THEY ARE FOLLOWING STRICT PROTOCOLS. We went a year with no vaccine and saw how effective protocol can be. those protocols are 10000 times more effected when 75% of people are vaccinated. There is a far greater risk to the public of people being out of work, feeling hatred towards locla government during the holidays.

in a recession we see murder way up in the holidays. this will be worse i fear.

Adams is doing the smart thing. rely on science. you can keep people safe AND get them back to work. the odds of a breakthrough infection when one person is vaccinated and the other is masked/tested/contact traced nearing 0%. Thats what Adams last weeks before the campaign were all about.

He isnt, now that he is elected and its all over the news, be like "yeah imma change the mandate for 1 dude". which even fi thats not what he means will be spun that way. He gave a political awnser "im not changing it for him, its not up to me, it sup to the NBA". which, as we know, the NBA is powerless here. and it is 100% up to NYC.

we'll see. ive been wrong before. i see no way adams doesnt make the changes. not because of Kyrie, but because the mandate is trash and needs massive revision ot makes sense
Gooner
Head Coach

Post#79 » by Gooner » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:51 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Gooner wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

So other then the best 3point shooter in the league the past 3 years, the best shoofting PF of all-time, the 4th most prolific 3 point shooter ever, and a career 40 point sniper "none of these guys are scary". We have one of if not the most deadly 3 point arsenals in the league. we have shooting all over the roster. Shooting is like the very last thing we need

IF we want more shooting we dont need to trade for Gordon. we have guys on the bench we can sub in.

We have plenty of 3/4 types on the team besides KD. its not a need. We addressed that in the offseason

no, you dont. you dont give up on all-time great potential for dog crap trash that probably wont even be able to crack the rotation. Kyrie potentially playing only road playoff games is 10,000 times more valuable then anything that pupu platter of dog turd adds. id trade Kyrie for something that actually moves the needle, this is far far far from it

Eric Gordon wouldn't crack the rotation instead of who? Bruce Brown and Jevon Carter? Stop it. Gordon can give you a third scoring option in the starting lineup which you currently don't have. House would be a clear upgrade over washed up Millsap and James Johnson. Millsap is too slow for switch defense and Johnson doesn't give you nothing offensively and that's why he is out of rotation. Nets are taking calls for Kyrie as was reported by Woj and he will get traded if nothing changes, and you are never going to get anything close to equal value, but you can get something.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#80 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:35 am

Gooner wrote:Eric Gordon wouldn't crack the rotation instead of who? Bruce Brown and Jevon Carter? Stop it. Gordon can give you a third scoring option in the starting lineup which you currently don't have.

If we wanted more scoring we would start mills. we obviously dont because go to offense isnt needed on a team with Harden/KD. And we have plenty of shooting around them. You need a defender. since bruce brown started, we have gone like 6-2.
House would be a clear upgrade over washed up Millsap and James Johnson.

house is an upgrade over 2 guys who dont/barely play. is that supposed to impress someone?

Millsap is too slow for switch defense and Johnson doesn't give you nothing offensively and that's why he is out of rotation. Nets are taking calls for Kyrie as was reported by Woj and he will get traded if nothing changes, and you are never going to get anything close to equal value, but you can get something.

Nets are better off with nothing. it would give them enormous tax relief.

Return to Brooklyn Nets