ImageImage

Fake Trade Thread #3

Moderators: yosemiteben, BigSlam, JDR720, Diop, fatlever

Liver_Pooty
RealGM
And1: 15,035

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1901 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Nov 6, 2021 4:53 am

Many, if not all of you will disagree with this but I call the sixers first thing in the morning for Simmons. I could careless about his offense, we don't have any issues with that. I've given up thinking about acquiring a center so may as well get a supremely gifted all nba defender to hound people.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,665

Post#1902 » by Diop » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:18 am

Liver_Pooty wrote:Many, if not all of you will disagree with this but I call the sixers first thing in the morning for Simmons. I could careless about his offense, we don't have any issues with that. I've given up thinking about acquiring a center so may as well get a supremely gifted all nba defender to hound people.

What you giving up is the big question. They will ask for miles first up and more
MPM
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,693

Post#1903 » by MPM » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:20 am

Not sure how I feel about it, but would def be interesting. FWIW, Hayward + Washington for Simmons works straight up. Crazy Morey would likely laugh at it, but who knows...

We could run Melo, Rozier, Bridges, Simmons + a body. Per my suggestion on the last game thread, Cousins might be an interesting 5 with that group, and we could move Plumlee to the bench. That'd put four 3pt shooters around Ben.

Time for bed - my mind ain't right! :D
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1904 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:34 am

Diop wrote:
Liver_Pooty wrote:Many, if not all of you will disagree with this but I call the sixers first thing in the morning for Simmons. I could careless about his offense, we don't have any issues with that. I've given up thinking about acquiring a center so may as well get a supremely gifted all nba defender to hound people.

What you giving up is the big question. They will ask for miles first up and more

Simmons value is low right now. Sixers would never get a 23 year old young potential all star for him. Id throw out Rozier and Washington. Or Hayward straight up.
Balllin wrote:Zion Williamson is 6-5, with a 6-10 wingspan. I see him as a slightly better Kenneth Faried.
-Ian-
Analyst
And1: 849

Post#1905 » by -Ian- » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:03 pm

KembaWalker wrote:Just a wild hypothetical for the crowd
Would you guys trade Miles for KAT?

No. KAT is probably more talented but Miles' dogged attitude is a huge plus to our team.
Soul Rebel
Senior
And1: 372

Post#1906 » by Soul Rebel » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:29 pm

I know they are the two obvious choices, but I keep coming back to Myles Turner and Mitchell Robinson. Robinson is a 23-yr old UFA this summer and Myles has one year beyond this season.

Both have exactly what we need with defense and rebounding. Turner could be a placeholder until Kai is ready in 2023.

Not sure what gets it done, but I’m fine losing PJ if it improves our center/defense/rebounding. If we’re serious about making noise and the postseason, something has to get done at center.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,500

Post#1907 » by HornetJail » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:34 pm

Hayward, PJ, Bouknight, and our next available pick is probably the absolute baseline for what the Sixers would want, and it's probably more.

Melo/Rozier/Oubre/Miles/Simmons could physically be a good switching defense with a full offseason of work on improving off ball defensive IQ (all of them except Simmons are deficient atm but have the tools to be reasonably good) and a coach that cares about defense.

Bench gets scary shallow though. Ish/Cody/Jalen/Thor/Plumlee? Who even scores on that unit? Worst bench in the NBA? We dropped the ball bad not bringing back Devonte' as sixth man. We just don't have a realistic package for Simmons anymore.

Sixers look great after that move though, Maxey/Green/Hayward/Harris/Embiid + Milton/Curry/Thybulle/PJ/Drummond
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1908 » by HornetJail » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:35 pm

-Ian- wrote:

No. KAT is probably more talented but Miles' dogged attitude is a huge plus to our team.

man, i love Miles but this is a no-brainer.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1909 » by Liver_Pooty » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:02 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:
-Ian- wrote:

man, i love Miles but this is a no-brainer.

Yeah, KAT has literal top 3 player in the league potential. He just kind of acts like a bitch. I guess the wolves will do that to you.
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#1910 » by JDR720 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 10:01 pm

I'd trade for Simmons. He wouldn't be that expensive, if teams were making good offers he'd been traded by now.

I'd do Gordon + PJ for Simmons

KAT for Miles...I'd do that too. Miles is playing great, but KAT is currently better and has more upside.

Fantasy Land:

Melo - Ish
Rozier - Bouknight
Martin
Simmons - Thor
KAT - Plumlee

Now that's a title contender you put together on NBA2k.
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1911 » by Diop » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:16 am

Id offer Hayward, bouknight and a 1st for Simmons.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#1912 » by Roll Tide 09 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:33 pm

Hayward and Washington

For

KAT and 2nd round draft pick

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#1913 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:23 pm

Diop wrote:Id offer Hayward, bouknight and a 1st for Simmons.

I don't think we can trade a first until our pick conveys to the Knicks in the Kai trade.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,201

Post#1914 » by amcoolio » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:36 pm

Any trade where we send out Hayward and don't get a scorer in return instantly makes us a non-playoff team, I hope you guys know that

50/50/80 efficient scoring forwards and playmakers don't grow on trees
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#1915 » by luciano-davidwesley » Sun Nov 7, 2021 10:59 pm

amcoolio wrote:Any trade where we send out Hayward and don't get a scorer in return instantly makes us a non-playoff team, I hope you guys know that

50/50/80 efficient scoring forwards and playmakers don't grow on trees

I get what you are saying but his career shooting averages are 45/37/82. Good but a far cry from 50/50/80 unless you think 10 games is a sufficient sample size to hold up over past performance.
Liver_Pooty
RealGM

Post#1916 » by Liver_Pooty » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:09 am

45 37 82 is really damn good just fyi. Lol
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets

Post#1917 » by Diop » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:11 am

With ball and bridges scoring 20pts a game, as long as Rozier gets it going I think we would be fine
KembaWalker
General Manager
And1: 10,147

Post#1918 » by KembaWalker » Mon Nov 8, 2021 1:34 am

we have 4 guys that can average 20ppg, we have 0 guys that can play defense or rebound. losing Hayward might hurt our team in some ways, but I'm not sold on one of them being because of losing his scoring. We already looked a lot better subbing out a scorer for a little defense and size when Rozier was out.
Hayward and Rozier are redundant as creators too with LaMelo in the lineup as well and even Miles looking like he can move the ball around. We have plenty of personnel to cover what we lose with Hayward
JDR720
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 42,929

Post#1919 » by JDR720 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:45 pm

Gordon for Turner and Lamb is probably the most obvious trade.

We get a defensive center and Lamb can score.

Rozier for Steven Adams

Gordon + PJ for Steven Adams and Brooks

High Risk: Gordon for Porzingis + 1st
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#1920 » by HornetJail » Mon Nov 8, 2021 7:04 pm

JDR720 wrote:Gordon for Turner and Lamb is probably the most obvious trade.

We get a defensive center and Lamb can score.

Rozier for Steven Adams

Gordon + PJ for Steven Adams and Brooks

High Risk: Gordon for Porzingis + 1st

Turner + Lamb for Hayward + next available 1st would be our offer I think.

I like Adams, but the Hayward/PJ for Adams/Brooks trade would be a catastrophe. Rozier for Adams wouldn't be great either but understandable.

Maybe the Dallas one if it's like a 2027 1st and there's at least a slight chance Doncic is no longer a Mav. As long as Doncic is there, no chance of the 1st being valuable enough to swap Hayward for KP.

--

I would love a way where we add Turner to our current top 4. That ship probably sailed on draft night, but a package of PJ+Bouknight+Kai has to carry some good value, likely to a 3rd team.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR

Return to Charlotte Hornets