ImageImageImage

The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread

Moderator: THE J0KER

Coeur
Assistant Coach
And1: 668

Re: The New Improved 2021-2022 Trade/Offseason Thread 

Post#261 » by Coeur » Fri Nov 5, 2021 7:49 am

NuggetsWY wrote:Once upon a time, the starting lineup was built around the best player(s).
Jokic ..... Murray .. Porter as the foundation with .. Gordon .. Morris

Once upon a time, the bench was typically based upon 2 or 3 players with others filling in.

I'd suggest Barton's best slot would be as "leader of the bench".
Add Hyland --- if the veterans can't do it, let the rookie in!
Nnaji - looks to be our best bench forward.
Dozier

That'd be my 9-man rotation with our current roster (and it doesn't have enough bigs IMO). But I doubt Malone will ever come close and management/owner seem to like Malone's approach.

My true choices:

Starters - Jokic - Porter - Nnaji - Murray - Morris
Bench --- Hyland - Dozier - Gordon

Trade anyone and everyone outside of those 8.
Need: Backup center - Backup PF - Backup SF-SG --- Get 3 solid players and we have eleven players that can play serious minutes when needed --- other slots are deep bench and should be used for veterans nearing end of career or young players with potential.

Only disagree on Monte Morris.

I see bones and Nnaji really highly as well. And AG as a really gpod starter with jokic and MPJ.

Jamychal Green and Jeff Green are great value and fits that block Nnaji and maybe Cancar and Bolbol
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#262 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:44 am

TunaFish wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Anybody still want to argue that our bench shooting and scoring overall isn't an issue?

While Bones getting minutes would help, and when Murray is back having Morris run the bench could help as well, our bench is costing us games and will continue to do so until they make some big changes.

The question is how do you fix it?

Right now the only guys who I can see having any kind of value that we could afford to move are Campazzo, Nnaji, and Bol.

I still think bringing back BArton was a horrible choice, and he is showing that even now you cannot count on him to give consistent effort and production. He is still best as a bench scorer, trying to make him a primary ball handler is never going to work. The issue is that he is our only guard outside of Bones that can create his own shot.

The question is who is available that can help? We need a guard that can create their own shots and is making $7 million a year or less. Not a lot of options.

I am guessing that management was blindsided about how poorly JaMychal Green would play after receiving a raise in the offseason. There is little offense coming from the bench and Campazzo is basically dribbling down the clock looking for an outlet that can't hit a shot, even from players you would expect to hit with some efficiency. It's a veteran bench that can't shoot and the question is how long before Malone finds some answers. I would move Campazzo over any other Nugget if a trade materialized.

If they move Bones into the backup point guard slot and keep Dozier with the bench. then I think the bench guard position is passable. Rivers looks poor, keep him as a safety valve only. Jeff Green has been ok but not much of an upgrade over spent Millsap. JaMychal Green needs to step up or be replaced and I think it is time to see what Nanji has. Also, I would look harder at Bol perhaps rotating with Nanji to take over that slot. I see that scenario more likely than trying to seek a trade solution form outside that doesn't appear remotely possible.

Because of his play, JaMychal Green is not going to be easily moved with that contract (8 mil).

If there is a trade out there, they need to make it soon before the bench costs them too much ground.

I have convinced myself that they re-signed JayMichael because they convinced themselves that the longer guys are on the roster the better their fit and play. It works with young guys but not veterans already in the league in a decade.

While JayMichael has been disappointing, the biggest issue is that the only guard off the bench that seems able to beat his man off the dribble is Bones. That points to Campazzo being the biggest issue.

To me it seems that Campazzo cannot get around most backup PGs off the dribble. Oddly he seems to do better against starters, but he just is not fast enough to beat a lot of the young guards around the league. I think his defense is also overrated, he does well against guys when he gets into some of their heads, but that does not happen enough to justify his minutes.

OUr bench is basically the Green's who are both best used as spot up shooters, Dozier who is only really effective in the right matchups on offense, and Rivers or Bones.

Rivers has always been streaky as hell on offense, but I see his value on defense. He is a good bench defender, and I personally like his defense better than Campazzo.

I would like to see a bench lineup with Bones/ Rivers/ Dozier/ Green/ NNaji. Defensively I think we are better, offensively I think you let Bones break down the defense, Green and NNaji spotting up, and Dozier and Rivers getting touched based on when they get hot. Defensively we are better and the offense should at least be able to not blow every lead they start with.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#263 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:25 am

Looking around the league it looks like Peyton Pritchard has had his minutes cut and the Celtics could use a forward. I wonder if they would do a Jaymichael Green and Campazzo for Pritchard and Juancho. We get a clear upgrade at backup PG and pay Juancho to be the 3rd string SF. IT clears room for Nnaji or Bol to get the backup Center minutes as well.

I could see the bench lineup being Pritchard/ Bones/ Dozier/ Green/ NNaji. Young but has some defense, shooting, and 2 guards that can break down the defense.

With Fultz, Anthony, and Suggs it appears that Hampton is at best the 4th priority on developing guards. With Carter Jr and Bamba both playing so well they really do not need Robin Lopez. Is there a 3 way deal where we can move Jaymichael Green, Campazzo, Bol, and maybe a future pick to get those 2?
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,253

Post#264 » by skywalker33 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 6:17 pm

The Rebel wrote:Looking around the league it looks like Peyton Pritchard has had his minutes cut and the Celtics could use a forward. I wonder if they would do a Jaymichael Green and Campazzo for Pritchard and Juancho. We get a clear upgrade at backup PG and pay Juancho to be the 3rd string SF. IT clears room for Nnaji or Bol to get the backup Center minutes as well.

I could see the bench lineup being Pritchard/ Bones/ Dozier/ Green/ NNaji. Young but has some defense, shooting, and 2 guards that can break down the defense.

With Fultz, Anthony, and Suggs it appears that Hampton is at best the 4th priority on developing guards. With Carter Jr and Bamba both playing so well they really do not need Robin Lopez. Is there a 3 way deal where we can move Jaymichael Green, Campazzo, Bol, and maybe a future pick to get those 2?

While I am ALL FOR getting rid of both Campazzo (can't shoot worth crap) and JaMichael (he's definitely showing he's overpaid and underperforming), neither Pritchard nor Juancho have done ANYTHING this season so you have to be hoping a change of venue will be something needed for them to get better, HOPE isn't a great strategy.

I LOVE the idea of re-acquiring Hampton, his speed and shiftiness can provide a new dynamic to the bench and the team as a whole. Lopez isn't the rim protector we need but a real center instead of a F playing backup C.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#265 » by TunaFish » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:06 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Looking around the league it looks like Peyton Pritchard has had his minutes cut and the Celtics could use a forward. I wonder if they would do a Jaymichael Green and Campazzo for Pritchard and Juancho. We get a clear upgrade at backup PG and pay Juancho to be the 3rd string SF. IT clears room for Nnaji or Bol to get the backup Center minutes as well.

While I am ALL FOR getting rid of both Campazzo (can't shoot worth crap) and JaMichael (he's definitely showing he's overpaid and underperforming), neither Pritchard nor Juancho have done ANYTHING this season so you have to be hoping a change of venue will be something needed for them to get better, HOPE isn't a great strategy.

I LOVE the idea of re-acquiring Hampton, his speed and shiftiness can provide a new dynamic to the bench and the team as a whole. Lopez isn't the rim protector we need but a real center instead of a F playing backup C.

I could see Garry Harris being let go by Orlando. Too many guards and his salary is too high for a bench player.

If he is released, I could see him playing for Denver on a veterans minimum.
Canned in Denver.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#266 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:34 pm

skywalker33 wrote:

What do you expect to get from a 31 year old bench PG that depends on quickness and an overpaid backup PF? You are going to get someone that you hopes can turn their season around. PRitchard showed last year that he is a solid backup PG, the problem is he has been buried by a couple of low end starting PGs and forced to play spot minutes and out of position.
skywalker33 wrote:I LOVE the idea of re-acquiring Hampton, his speed and shiftiness can provide a new dynamic to the bench and the team as a whole. Lopez isn't the rim protector we need but a real center instead of a F playing backup C.

That is why i mentioned Hampton, especially with his reported growth he is now 6'6"-6'7" and would fit with Dozier and Bones on both ends.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#267 » by The Rebel » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:35 pm

TunaFish wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

I could see Garry Harris being let go by Orlando. Too many guards and his salary is too high for a bench player.

If he is released, I could see him playing for Denver on a veterans minimum.

I would love to see Gary come back for cheap, the problem is that he is still not a guy you can depend on to stay healthy. As a backup SG with this bench though I can see the value he would bring.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#268 » by Richard Miller » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:33 am

The Rebel wrote:What do you expect to get from a 31 year old bench PG that depends on quickness and an overpaid backup PF?

JMG did ok last year, you don't dump him just because he struggled in a few games, not unless a clear upgrade is coming - and Juancho is a downgrade if anything, like having one more Vlatko.

Doubt Orlando would already move from RJ or be interested in Bol, they already passed once on him.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#269 » by The Rebel » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:52 am

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:What do you expect to get from a 31 year old bench PG that depends on quickness and an overpaid backup PF?

JMG did ok last year, you don't dump him just because he struggled in a few games, not unless a clear upgrade is coming - and Juancho is a downgrade if anything, like having one more Vlatko.

Doubt Orlando would already move from RJ or be interested in Bol, they already passed once on him.

Of course Juancho is a downgrade, we are getting a big upgrade both now and long term from campazzo to Pritchard.
Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#270 » by Richard Miller » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 am

The Rebel wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

Of course Juancho is a downgrade, we are getting a big upgrade both now and long term from campazzo to Pritchard.

He would be a project at best and doubt Malone finds a lot of minutes for him, JMG is more important to the lineup right now (especially with MPJ out).
Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#271 » by Manolito » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:00 am

Celtics are on the luxury tax and without a clear PG for the future (they can´t renew Schroder and Smart is not a PG). They are not going to get rid of Pritchard (with 3 years on rookie scale) to acquire Jmyke Green.

Regarding ORL, when they traded for Hampton they knew it was a long term project, it is impossible they trade him already.

The only tradeable players we have are Campazzo, Bol Bol and Cancar, so very minor trade (if any) expected this season
skywalker33

Post#272 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:58 pm

Richard Miller wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
Richard Miller wrote:

He would be a project at best and doubt Malone finds a lot of minutes for him, JMG is more important to the lineup right now (especially with MPJ out).

Given the raise he just received, JMG has been one of the biggest disappointments of this team IMO.

skywalker33

Post#273 » by skywalker33 » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:09 pm

Manolito wrote:Regarding ORL, when they traded for Hampton they knew it was a long term project, it is impossible they trade him already.

The only tradeable players we have are Campazzo, Bol Bol and Cancar, so very minor trade (if any) expected this season

When ORL traded for Hampton, they had no idea Suggs would fall to them, that Cole Anthony would have such a resurgent season, now they have easily pushed RJ down the pecking order at the G position Also, hearing they really love the comeback potential of Fultz, so to say it is "impossible" to trade a guy who has easily become your THIRD or FOURTH PG is just an erroneous statement and makes you look stupid for saying such. Now, he could survive at SG but again I feel that is not his natural position

Richard Miller
Veteran

Post#274 » by Richard Miller » Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:49 pm

skywalker33 wrote:Fultz, so to say it is "impossible" to trade a guy who has easily become your THIRD or FOURTH PG is just an erroneous statement and makes you look stupid for saying such.

He's certainly not untradable, but that the Nuggets can have him back for (next to) nothing, that's not happening (imo).
skywalker33

Post#275 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:29 am

Richard Miller wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:Fultz, so to say it is "impossible" to trade a guy who has easily become your THIRD or FOURTH PG is just an erroneous statement and makes you look stupid for saying such.

He's certainly not untradable, but that the Nuggets can have him back for (next to) nothing, that's not happening (imo).

The Rebel wrote:Is there a 3 way deal where we can move Jaymichael Green, Campazzo, Bol, and maybe a future pick to get those 2?

While I don't think the salaries are close, surely this could be the bones of an offer for what may be the 4th option on lottery team.

Manolito
Senior
And1: 391

Post#276 » by Manolito » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:43 am

skywalker33 wrote:
Manolito wrote:Regarding ORL, when they traded for Hampton they knew it was a long term project, it is impossible they trade him already.

When ORL traded for Hampton, they had no idea Suggs would fall to them, that Cole Anthony would have such a resurgent season, now they have easily pushed RJ down the pecking order at the G position Also, hearing they really love the comeback potential of Fultz, so to say it is "impossible" to trade a guy who has easily become your THIRD or FOURTH PG is just an erroneous statement and makes you look stupid for saying such. Now, he could survive at SG but again I feel that is not his natural position

Hampton PG? That says already a lot about your basketball perception.

He is third youngest guy in ORL roster and could play even SF, why give up on him already? And from Denver point of view, why trading away a first round pick for such a raw guy when your championship window is open and you have to incorporate plug and play veterans?

Zero sense trade proposal
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#277 » by DaFan334 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:41 am

I'm kind of curious to see if Petr Cornelie gets a shot with the depleted roster.

Per Harrison Wind: Petr Cornelie is back with the Nuggets in Denver after spending the last couple weeks with Grand Rapids. He played in three games with the Gold: 16.3 points, 14 rebounds, 4.3 assists, 1.3 blocks.

Those are solid numbers actually. There was definitely a reason they brought him over, maybe he can add some depth. He actually looks like he has some athleticism and some skills.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#278 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:28 pm

The Nuggets don't have a pick in 2023. It is funny how many are saying the Nuggets are going to throw away Jokic's entire prime due to the MPJ contract and than how many are saying they shouldn't tank around the internet these days.

While the front office has been far from perfect, they are arguably the best drafting team in the league over the last 7 years. We also have to guys that were 1st round picks that look like they could be long term contributors, but both still have holes in the game and struggles, a year of being fed time would do both wonders. Cancar was arguably a top 3 player on Slovenia last summer, he has played solid minutes for us and seems like he would be a solid 8th man type hustle guy. Cornelie put up 14 and 8 in Europe last year, why not give him some minutes and see if he can be our long term backup to Jokic?

Right now I would prefer Nnaji, Hyland, Cornelie, and Cancar get minutes while limiting Jokic, and playing JayMichael, Campazzo, and Austin Rivers a ton of minutes. Crazy thing is that I think this team will be better a month from now than it would be continuing with the veteran bench guys.

A year from now Nnaji and Hyland both may be quality starters. Having Morris, Hyland or Barton, Cancar, and Cornelie with a rookie forward could give us a very strong bench next year.

I would be trying like hell to shop JayMichael Green, Campazzo, and Bol for whatever we can get.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#279 » by The Rebel » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:02 am

I wonder if we might be able to get involved in the Simmons deal? The Kings reportedly want him and are going to panic when firing Walton isn't the answer.

I could see a deal happening based around Heild, Bagley, and a bunch of picks for Simmons.

Say Kings send out Heild, Bagley, 2022 and 2024 1st round picks, 2023 2nd round pick, 2025 2nd round pick for Simmons and Bol.

They get their new face of the franchise, and someone they can pair with their young backcourt. They get the big upside on Bol who they can pitch as their future starter in that lineup.

the 76ers send out Simmons, Springer, Joe for Heild, JayMichael Green, Campazzo, and 2 1sts and 2 2nd from the Kings, and a 2nd from the Nuggets.

Morey can go out and brag that he got all those picks while picking up some guys who will help them win now. Heild is another shooter that they desperatly need, Campazzo and Green can be their bench defenders with all their scorers off the bench, and both can spread the floor for Embiid and the slashing guards. Losing Springer and Joe may hurt them long term but they have to know that Embiid only has so many years.

Nuggets send out Jaymichael, Campazzo, Bol, and a 2025 2nd round pick for Bagley, Springer, and Joe.

Our bench defense will take a huge hit, but we have some huge upside on the bench. Bagley can compete with Cornelie for backup Center minutes, Springer is a longer term project but could turn into a great fit with Murray or next to Morris off the bench. Joe seems to have limited upside but can be a placeholder as we wait for guys to develop and get healthy.

Until Murray gets back we can run
Morris/ Hyland/ HOward
Barton/ Rivers/ Springer
Gordon/ Cancar
Je Green/ Nnaji
Jokic/ Cornelie/ Bagley

While we will probably lose more games than we win early, but the end of the season we will have a considerably better team that what we have using the veterans.
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,773

Post#280 » by TunaFish » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:55 am

There is a lot of talk about Simmons and the Kings. It appears that the Kings may want to move just about anybody on their roster, including Fox. Bagley is a bust, plain and simple. I don't think anyone is trading for him. Fox has regressed and Hield is a shooter who can't guard. The Kings roster is filled with mismatched pieces that have serious flaws in their game. Certainly they have no stars that would interest the Sixers.

The Sixers may need to move Simmons but they aren't caving. Word is that they turned down an offer of Brogden and Levert. If that is true, I don't think any package from the Kings can match that offer. In fact, I am not sure what offers the sixers would entertain, outside of Jaylen Brown who is not on the move.

The Nuggets have few tradable assets (that they are willing to trade). JaMychal Green has regressed, Bol is not playing and Campazzo has not been an asset this season. If any trade is being proposed using these three as the bait, then good luck finding a trade. At the same time, I would love to see JaMychal and Campazzo moved. I just don't see it happening.
Canned in Denver.

Return to Denver Nuggets