Jerami Grant & Saddiq Bey
42%

Total votes: 33

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: If You Had to Choose: Kyrie for... 

Post#81 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:07 am

G, I don't claim to know your motives in this argument, but give up.

The guys you are touting we should take are not going to decide a series let alone a championship. Besides we could sign and trade Kyrie next summer for the type of value you're talking about us getting.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Openheimer
Sixth Man
And1: 1,100

Post#82 » by Openheimer » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:57 am

Turner on this team would make the Nets virtually unbeatable
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#83 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:35 pm

Openheimer wrote:Turner on this team would make the Nets virtually unbeatable

im not sure turner is a better option then blake. he blocks shots but seems to not have a big defensive impact. he shoots threes a bit but also has a low iq.

id rather nothing then turner.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,598

Post#84 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:31 pm

The last thing we need is another big. We have enough depth there. What this team needs more than anything else, especially in Kyrie's absence, is another ball handler.
Suwanee
Junior
And1: 174

Post#85 » by Suwanee » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:43 pm

Kyrie for Simmons
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#86 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:20 pm

Suwanee wrote:Kyrie for Simmons

Simmons is not vaccinated. we would be in the same boat.

He also makes us worse. when our offense is already leaner then last year, can have the leagues biggest liability there too. How much better is he then bruce brown? 20%?
Suwanee
Junior

Post#87 » by Suwanee » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:46 pm

Prokorov wrote:

I'll give you that. But that could simply be because Philly does not mandate that. If he were to be traded to the Nets, I don't think he's as stubborn as Kyrie.

Prokorov wrote:He also makes us worse. when our offense is already leaner then last year, can have the leagues biggest liability there too. How much better is he then bruce brown? 20%?

Aren't you the one who claims we have enough shooting? In this same thread no less.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2129118&start=60#p94603239

You're being ridiculous if you think Simmons is only 20% better than Brown. But even if it's true, a 120% Bruce Brown is still MUCH MUCH better than a 0% Kyrie. How does it make us worse?
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#88 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:56 pm

Suwanee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

I'll give you that. But that could simply be because Philly does not mandate that. If he were to be traded to the Nets, I don't think he's as stubborn as Kyrie.

Prokorov wrote:He also makes us worse. when our offense is already leaner then last year, can have the leagues biggest liability there too. How much better is he then bruce brown? 20%?

Aren't you the one who claims we have enough shooting? In this same thread no less.

You're being ridiculous if you think Simmons is only 20% better than Brown. But even if it's true, a 120% Bruce Brown is still MUCH MUCH better than a 0% Kyrie. How does it make us worse?

1% chance kyrie plays only road playoff games >>>>> Ben simmons for 82+ playoffs.
Suwanee
Junior

Post#89 » by Suwanee » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:42 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Suwanee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

1% chance kyrie plays only road playoff games >>>>> Ben simmons for 82+ playoffs.

LOL. Keep on fooling yourself. If the Nets were fine with Kyrie only playing road games, he'd be playing right now. The fact that he's told to stay home means there's 0% chance that he'll play only the road playoff games. The only hope now is if the new mayor will revisit the mandate. But if Jan comes and the mandate remains, time to trade Kyrie for something. Anything.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,546

Post#90 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:22 am

From what I've read, GMs around the league aren't touching Irving with a 10 foot pole.

Dude's career might be over after this.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#91 » by gigantes » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:49 am

MrDollarBills wrote:From what I've read, GMs around the league aren't touching Irving with a 10 foot pole.

Can't blame them at all, sadly.

Dude's found a way to torch the last two seasons, in the midst of his prime, while theoretically being signed to his primary / favorite destination. Meanwhile making huge bank off the fans, essentially.

Sadly, it looks like these early-season Nets are badly missing Kyrie. Because I have a growingly-queasy feeling about KD forced to do this much, and I'm starting to think that Beard, even when fully healthy again, just isn't going to be the slashing threat he once was. I mean, deadly shooter and passer? Check. But we traded a fortune for more than just that.

Yeah, the Nets will get better, but Kyrie is a lot more needed this season than I thought he would be.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#92 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:33 pm

gigantes wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:From what I've read, GMs around the league aren't touching Irving with a 10 foot pole.

Dude's found a way to torch the last two seasons, in the midst of his prime, while theoretically being signed to his primary / favorite destination. Meanwhile making huge bank off the fans, essentially.

Sadly, it looks like these early-season Nets are badly missing Kyrie. Because I have a growingly-queasy feeling about KD forced to do this much, and I'm starting to think that Beard, even when fully healthy again, just isn't going to be the slashing threat he once was. I mean, deadly shooter and passer? Check. But we traded a fortune for more than just that.

Yeah, the Nets will get better, but Kyrie is a lot more needed this season than I thought he would be.

Torched last season? he had the best year of his career and arguably the best offesnive season in nets history.

Kyrie didnt start the pandemic or create the mandate. its not like he is choosing to sit because he doesnt like the uniform color.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#93 » by Prokorov » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:35 pm

good. trading him would be a colossal mistake.

Worst case... Having his 40 million come off the books allows us to keep Harden/KD for the duration of their extensions without the tax making that impossible

Best cae, he comes back and we are huge title favorites.
gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#94 » by gigantes » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:23 am

Prokorov wrote:
gigantes wrote:

Torched last season? he had the best year of his career and arguably the best offesnive season in nets history.

Kyrie didnt start the pandemic or create the mandate. its not like he is choosing to sit because he doesnt like the uniform color.

F-ck off, moron.

You know exactly what I was talking about due to a litany of previous discussions.
HardenGoat
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,484

Post#95 » by HardenGoat » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:45 am

Simmons would help on defense especially against Giannis and Philly. Problem is Kyrie would make Philly a serious threat to us in a worse way. There is one team that is seriously desperate and that is the Pelicans. They are at risk of losing Zion if they don’t get him a star. I would trade him there. Take your pick maybe Hayes and Valenciunas who is playing great. We would get our stretch 5 and a rim runner.
Pablo Escobar
Head Coach
And1: 4,348

Post#96 » by Pablo Escobar » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:24 am

Prokorov wrote:

Worst case... Having his 40 million come off the books allows us to keep Harden/KD for the duration of their extensions without the tax making that impossible

So with him you're favorites for the title. But if the Nets trade him to get pieces to have a better chance at a title it's a mistake? tax means nothing when you're competing for titles. Even with 40 million coming off the books the nets are over the cap so not like you can sign another big time free agent.
Plata o Plomo?
Suwanee
Junior

Post#97 » by Suwanee » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:48 am

Prokorov wrote:

So now you’re worried about the owner’s pocket? Who are you? His accountant?

Losing Kyrie for nothing will be an absolute disaster. Even if he comes off the books we are still over the cap. It’s not like we can use that cap space to sign another big time free agent. So what’s the point? How does the team improve?

And worse yet, Harden hasn’t signed his extension yet. If the Nets lose Kyrie and have no room to improve, you can probably kiss Harden goodbye too.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#98 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:03 am

ND retweeted to Woj tweet saying there are calls. Bob just reminded and teaching new fans that Woj rarely speculate without base.

Marks never leak s***, so it have to come out from other teams.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#99 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:24 am

Suwanee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Losing Kyrie for nothing will be an absolute disaster. Even if he comes off the books we are still over the cap. It’s not like we can use that cap space to sign another big time free agent. So what’s the point? How does the team improve?

And worse yet, Harden hasn’t signed his extension yet. If the Nets lose Kyrie and have no room to improve, you can probably kiss Harden goodbye too.

Kyrie destroyed his reputation around the league. Not many GM's will give him max contract he'd ask. Trading for him is pretty much f.u I'm out sign.

Kyrie will be back at some point. He's not leaving without signing another max contract. What Marks and Tsai going to do would be interesting thing to monitor.

It's early to say but, Woj said there were calls, Robert saying there's definitely something to it. My guess is that, KD and Harden taking day at the time but also looking what Kyrie can fetch. They can be friends all they want off the court.

I'm watching nix and philthy closely. Both teams close to Kyrie's home and we got pieces / assets that can work. I'd say it's more about keeping/getting Harden happy now. We have chip caliber team around KD and Harden, they going to finish their career here. It's about their legacy more than anything now. Winning in BK first chip, build dynasty... THAT IS HUGE!!!
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#100 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:52 pm

Suwanee wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

You now whats worse then losing kyrie for nothing? losing KD/Harden for anything. The repeater tax is exponential to the point where even billionaires cant keep up. if we maxed all 3 guys in 1-2 years one would have to go or a decision would need to be made. those 3 alone put you in the tax on their extensiions year 2.

Return to Brooklyn Nets