Image ImageImage Image

Dear Stacey King . . .

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Re: Dear Stacey King . . . 

Post#141 » by SHO'NUFF » Sat Nov 6, 2021 12:37 am

Personally I love Stacey. Sure he can overuse some of his shticks at times and can get a bit irritating but not to the point I'd want to see him replaced or be completely annoyed by him. I have never watched a Bulls game with Stacey commentating and thought to my self, i cant listen to this **** anymore, not once! Never crossed my mind.

I have no issues with the King....or Adam for that matter.
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
VintageBulls
Sophomore
And1: 104

Post#142 » by VintageBulls » Sat Nov 6, 2021 2:12 am

Love the combo of Adam and Stacey but Stacey needs to cut about 30℅ of shtick out .. It be interesting to hear Adam and Kendall Gill do a game together of Stacey ever needs a night off ..
Axl Rose
Head Coach
And1: 3,930

Post#143 » by Axl Rose » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:23 am

I heard him do the Facebook line that he should have retired 10 years ago. However don't really mind him - but yeah the bane impression is bad, outdated, and really makes no sense other than when talking about a player with the last name Bane.
I don't do the dishes, I throw them in the crib
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#144 » by #1TKfan » Sat Nov 6, 2021 11:49 pm

Awe, Stacey. This probably should have ended 6 pages ago. Lol.

Yeah, your material is outdated, repetitive and bottom line cringe worthy. But appreciate you. Loved your game back in the day. You keep on doing what you're doing. Bulls fans will focus on the game. Going to be a fun season.

Fun note, I used to put you in the starting lineup instead of Cartwright, in the Sega game, Lakers vs Celtics. Never let me down. You always made that Tomahawk slam.
BeKuK
RealGM
And1: 834

Post#145 » by BeKuK » Sun Nov 7, 2021 12:24 am

Bring back Mr. Funk......!
SHO'NUFF
Head Coach
And1: 2,150

Post#146 » by SHO'NUFF » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:43 am

BeKuK wrote:Bring back Mr. Funk......!

Oh goodness, no!!
#BullsFansLivesMatter Image
Ice Man
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 13,413

Post#147 » by Ice Man » Sun Nov 7, 2021 3:44 am

A good broadcast tonight. The Stacey/Jason pairing is better than Stacey/Adam because Jason plays it straight. He's also willing to politely disagree with Stacey at times, as with the foul call against LaVine when Zach had his hand on the opponent's leg.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,124

Post#148 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:11 am

jason benetti is way better than adam
Jo Jo English
RealGM
And1: 4,977

Post#149 » by Jo Jo English » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:22 am

#1TKfan wrote:Awe, Stacey. This probably should have ended 6 pages ago. Lol.

Yeah, your material is outdated, repetitive and bottom line cringe worthy. But appreciate you. Loved your game back in the day. You keep on doing what you're doing. Bulls fans will focus on the game. Going to be a fun season.

Fun note, I used to put you in the starting lineup instead of Cartwright, in the Sega game, Lakers vs Celtics. Never let me down. You always made that Tomahawk slam.

(Remember that wacky Tom Chambers dunk? Yeah, I know the play that made them add it to the game, but it was just so crazy. Press the shoot button 9-14 feet from the basket on a certain part of the court and Tom Chambers will automatically double pump dunk over everyone! :lol: )
#1TKfan
General Manager
And1: 188

Post#150 » by #1TKfan » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:48 am

Jo Jo English wrote:
#1TKfan wrote:Awe, Stacey. This probably should have ended 6 pages ago. Lol.

(Remember that wacky Tom Chambers dunk? Yeah, I know the play that made them add it to the game, but it was just so crazy. Press the shoot button 9-14 feet from the basket on a certain part of the court and Tom Chambers will automatically double pump dunk over everyone! :lol: )

That was the dunk that never missed! Lol. It was like Bo Jackson in Tecmo Bowl or ( I'm showing my age here) the reverse play in John Elways Quarterback on NES. Unstoppable. Lmao.
Classic.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,649

Post#151 » by stormi » Sun Nov 7, 2021 4:27 pm

As an impartial, idk, I sorta like Stacey King. He's a unique broadcaster that you can't really find when watching other teams play. He has some silly little phrases and is obviously super passionate about the game. Even the Bane clip above made me giggle a bit. It's like you're watching the game with your goofy uncle or something.

He might be over the top, especially if you're listening to him night in and night out, but I'd still much rather prefer that to something like the Pistons broadcast which sounds like an actual morgue, or the lame Hornets announcer with a screaming gimmick.
Bulliever2020
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,905

Post#152 » by Bulliever2020 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:34 pm

Tuned into the Bulls broadcast for the first time in a while last night and I don't know if it was just because he was with the Amin fill-in or not but he seemed much more subdued and I heard a lot less of his normal catchphrases. I tend to lean towards it not being a coincidence though as a lot of NBA people read RealGM.

Hi Stacey! Don't worry, we still love you.
dougthonus
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 15,620

Post#153 » by dougthonus » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:13 am

SalmonsSuperfan wrote:jason benetti is way better than adam

I don't care for Benetti at all myself.
http://linktr.ee/bullsbeat - links to the bullsbeat podcast
@doug_thonus on twitter
robert76
Junior
And1: 232

Post#154 » by robert76 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:19 am

I think you guys broke (or fixed) Stacey. I don't think I heard more than one or two catchphrases in the first half of the game.
Adriano
Junior
And1: 35

Post#155 » by Adriano » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:59 am

robert76 wrote:I think you guys broke (or fixed) Stacey. I don't think I heard more than one or two catchphrases in the first half of the game.

I do not believe that we have anything to do with that. Dont get me wrong, I wish we would, I wish he reads this thread, get the negatives feedbacks and try to get better. But for what I've seen in his Twitter he is not this type of guy. Recently a fan come on his Twitter to say, without offend him, he didnt like the way he works as a broadcaster and he responds that he doesnt care and will not change, with a bunch of fans come to defend him.

Recently a friend of mine send to me an article in wich a journalist criticize Stacey King on Twitter for the same reasons we do in this thread and, the same journalist, said that he likes the work of Drew Gooden on the Wizards broadcast. Stacey responded calling him a troll, recommended him to go to DC and saiyng that Chicago doesnt like him anyway. And, even so, the autor of the article defended Stacey's work and criticize the journalist for not like him.
Here's the link for who want to see: https://heavy.com/sports/chicago-bulls/stacey-king-joe-cowley-feud/

So, included with what I've seen in this thread, he has a solid fan base behind him, who likes him, and with that he just doesnt care and is offensive with the ones who do not like his work, like me.

Me, personally, as a professional, always try to get the negatives and construtives feedbacks about my work, absorve and I try to get better. But Stacey its not like that and I think not even his fans can defend him on that regard.
rtblues
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,577

Post#156 » by rtblues » Mon Nov 8, 2021 2:44 pm

R.I.P. Bane-Voice...

Everyone has a boss, and it would seem that he's been told to lose it, as he so vehemently defended it on Twitter why would he just suddenly stop? He also was suggesting in a reply tweet that if someone doesn't like it, they should watch a different broadcast. Not really cool if your NBC-Sports-Chicago or the Bulls organization when the color commentator is telling Bulls fans to tune them out. He's also been responding to a lot of random fan tweets lately too I've noticed too.

Dude needs a burner account, maybe he can get some tips on that from KD tonight.
"I wouldn’t call it a rebuild; more of a retool.” - Gar Forman, June 2016
Dieselbound&Down
Lead Assistant
And1: 420

Post#157 » by Dieselbound&Down » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:00 pm

Haven't read the thread but a couple random broadcaster comments

I haven't listened on the radio as much but Wennington's "a little cherry pie in your eye" or other similar comments were so weird and flat. Like he felt he had to a have a catchphrase and that was all he came up with on the ride over to the UC one night but has stuck with it ever since. Hate it.

Love Swirsky. I would have been happy with him on the TV broadcast. And, as Duck said Amin doesn't offer a counterweight to Stacy (he's a large man and personality), Swirsky would have been a lot better paired with King. I'm ok with Amin generally, hope he grows into the role

Will Perdue may be smart but his smart comments are drown out by my eyeballs staring at his massive, gangly fingers which are weirdly gnarled and always used when he is making his points. When he isn't making a smart comment, he adds nothing as he isn't much fun to be around. Wish they would give Kendall someone better to play off of

Glad they stuck with Kendall.
DuckIII
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,373

Post#158 » by DuckIII » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:27 pm

rtblues wrote:R.I.P. Bane-Voice...

Everyone has a boss, and it would seem that he's been told to lose it, as he so vehemently defended it on Twitter why would he just suddenly stop? He also was suggesting in a reply tweet that if someone doesn't like it, they should watch a different broadcast. Not really cool if your NBC-Sports-Chicago or the Bulls organization when the color commentator is telling Bulls fans to tune them out. He's also been responding to a lot of random fan tweets lately too I've noticed too.

Dude needs a burner account, maybe he can get some tips on that from KD tonight.

So, I won?

Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair!
Once a pickle, never a cucumber again.
HomoSapien
Senior Mod - Bulls
Senior Mod - Bulls
And1: 28,132

Post#159 » by HomoSapien » Mon Nov 8, 2021 7:44 pm

DuckIII wrote:
rtblues wrote:R.I.P. Bane-Voice...

So, I won?

Look upon my works ye mighty, and despair!

Can anyone link that Tweet. Not seeing it myself. Curious to see what he said exactly.
ThreeYearPlan wrote:Bulls fans defend HomoSapien more than Rose.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,237

Post#160 » by John Murdoch » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:49 am

madvillian wrote:I can't stand him. He doesn't even bother to analyze anything anymore. He was tolerable back a decade ago during the Rose and Thibs era but he's become a parody of himself. He's a few years away from just having a soundboard operator call the game for him using his now long past their expiration date catch phrases.

He is reaching that drunk uncle that does Cavs games territory ...deep in the Q as he awakes from his nap
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.

Return to Chicago Bulls