ImageImage

OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,713

Re: OT: Investing/Stocks/Bonds/Mutual Funds/Crypto 

Post#1041 » by HaroldinGMinor » Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:44 pm

Stannis wrote:I think the safest thing to do is allocate like 5 to 10% of your portfolio to Crypto, specifically BTC and and ETH. I think it's a bigger risk not to have any exposure.

That's exactly what I'm doing but 3%
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,226

Post#1042 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:20 pm

FCEL is probably just riding the overall market rise today but it's had a nice bump the past 2 days. Puts me up about 14% since I bought
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#1043 » by jschligs » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:47 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL is probably just riding the overall market rise today but it's had a nice bump the past 2 days. Puts me up about 14% since I bought

Go **** yourself.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1044 » by MickeyDavis » Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:49 pm

:lol:
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,512

Post#1045 » by th87 » Wed Oct 6, 2021 5:44 am

Probably should've gotten out of HYSR, huh?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1046 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:16 pm

FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#1047 » by JEIS » Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:59 am

MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any

Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 9,946

Post#1048 » by sidney lanier » Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:29 pm

JEIS wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL up 17% this morning. I expect some profit taking. I'm up 35% but not selling any

Enjoy the ride up brother.. Market makers were beating the heck out of the green stock since feb 9th. Up we go!

Motley Fool speculates the bump came because others in the sector are starting to show earnings, so FCEL is due for an upgrade (even though still losing money).

https://www.fool.com/investing/2021/10/18/why-fuelcell-stock-just-popped-14/

Too many men behind the curtain when it comes to stocks like this for me, but long-term prospects certainly look good.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,059

Post#1049 » by Thunder Muscle » Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:17 pm

HaroldinGMinor wrote:
Stannis wrote:I think the safest thing to do is allocate like 5 to 10% of your portfolio to Crypto, specifically BTC and and ETH. I think it's a bigger risk not to have any exposure.

That's exactly what I'm doing but 3%

Yeah, same here. Currently 90% is my 401K through work, 8% is my Robinhood account, and 2% is Bitcoin.

Anybody have any opinion on Ravencoin? I know someone that started cryptomining it and he has been pretty successful financially. Kinda intrigued to jump in while its cheap. But I don't know much about it and what's the best place to buy it. I'm not into doing the whole mining thing. Likely will just stick to Bitcoin.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#1050 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 1, 2021 7:20 pm

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1051 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:23 pm

FCEL with a 19% jump today, up 49.37% since I bought. I'm probably going to sell a small chunk and lock in some profit, let the rest ride. I have it in a ROTH IRA so no cap gains.
RogerMurdock
Analyst
And1: 6,461

Post#1052 » by RogerMurdock » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:41 pm

jschligs wrote:I bought 2 marijuana seeds off silk road in 09 for $50 in BTC. It'd be worth something like $200 million right now. I was never intending to invest, but part of me wishes I forgot I had it and became rich.

I wrote an article about an online poker room accepting Bitcoin many years ago. Did some research, thought it sounded interesting, and thought about investing maybe $1,000 in Bitcoin when it was around 10 cents. My wife forbade me, as I had previously lost money on an online poker stock and she figured this was the same. I didn't think much of it and never invested. Of course, if I did invest, I could be flying to space with Bezos or something right now.

Someone did make me feel better about it, though. He reminded me that there was no way I would've held long enough for Bitcoin to get up to like $60,000. There's a good chance I would've sold at $1 or lower, as the return would've been massive. Now, I might've sold enough to get back my initial investment and just let the rest ride, but I did feel better when he assured me that I probably would've sold long before the price went crazy.
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#1053 » by sidney lanier » Mon Nov 1, 2021 8:44 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL got a nice bump this morning after reporting earnings. Puts me in the black.

My only investment in the black this week but overall I've only made about 4% on it .

Well, you made 19% today. Congrats.
JEIS
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,143

Post#1054 » by JEIS » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:38 pm

:wink:
sidney lanier wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Motley Fool speculates the bump came because others in the sector are starting to show earnings, so FCEL is due for an upgrade (even though still losing money).

Too many men behind the curtain when it comes to stocks like this for me, but long-term prospects certainly look good.

Is she starting to look sexier to ya yet Sid?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1055 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:42 pm

sidney lanier wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:FCEL got a nice bump this morning after reporting earnings. Puts me in the black.

My only investment in the black this week but overall I've only made about 4% on it .

Well, you made 19% today. Congrats.

Another 20% today. Overall I'm up 68% on my FCEL investment. I sold some today but only about 20%. I still have plenty to let run (hopefully).
sidney lanier
Head Coach

Post#1056 » by sidney lanier » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:44 pm

JEIS wrote::wink:
sidney lanier wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Is she starting to look sexier to ya yet Sid?

She is. In the "she's probably got herpes but what the hell" category for me now.
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,847

Post#1057 » by Plossum » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:53 pm

RogerMurdock wrote:
jschligs wrote:I bought 2 marijuana seeds off silk road in 09 for $50 in BTC. It'd be worth something like $200 million right now. I was never intending to invest, but part of me wishes I forgot I had it and became rich.

I wrote an article about an online poker room accepting Bitcoin many years ago. Did some research, thought it sounded interesting, and thought about investing maybe $1,000 in Bitcoin when it was around 10 cents. My wife forbade me, as I had previously lost money on an online poker stock and she figured this was the same. I didn't think much of it and never invested. Of course, if I did invest, I could be flying to space with Bezos or something right now.

Someone did make me feel better about it, though. He reminded me that there was no way I would've held long enough for Bitcoin to get up to like $60,000. There's a good chance I would've sold at $1 or lower, as the return would've been massive. Now, I might've sold enough to get back my initial investment and just let the rest ride, but I did feel better when he assured me that I probably would've sold long before the price went crazy.

I got into BTC and ETH at $500 and $12 respectively. It's testing my ability to hold at this point but I'm still in (I invested small amounts so sadly I'm no crypto millionaire) :lol:
#LockUpChuck
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#1058 » by midranger » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:55 pm

Do we still love FCEL here?
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1059 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:30 pm

midranger wrote:Do we still love FCEL here?

There is definitely some profit taking going on, which is expected. I'm in at $6.38 and I sold 20% at $11.00 but I'm hanging on to the rest.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,989

Post#1060 » by midranger » Sun Nov 14, 2021 5:22 am

All you crypto wonks, any thoughts on Algorand
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks