76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,411

Re: The Official Fire Doc Rivers Thread 

Post#121 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:23 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Read on Twitter

I don’t know about you but this definitely feels sustainable.

Unsustainable for Niang.

There’s already a graveyard for Lord Korkmaz doubters

Read on Twitter
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,983

Post#122 » by Murray_17 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:26 pm

Joel officially on COVID protocols too.

With our schedule and how thin our rotation is right now this could get ugly lol
76ciology
RealGM

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:40 pm

Murray_17 wrote:Joel officially on COVID protocols too.

With our schedule and how thin our rotation is right now this could get ugly lol

Wtf… seriously?!
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,983

Post#124 » by Murray_17 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:45 pm

76ciology wrote:
Wtf… seriously?!

Read on Twitter
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,736

Post#125 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:58 pm

I'm sure Embiid is pissed about this.

Skates
Head Coach
And1: 3,773

Post#126 » by Skates » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:08 pm

Simmons returns and a bunch of the guys he allegedly hugged it out with all test positive for Covid. Coincidence, I think not.

Only Tobi seems to have been symptomatic and sounds like he is feeling better. Might as well get this all out of the way at once and who knows, it may be that we get some Charles Bassey time.
TTP
Head Coach
And1: 4,398

Post#127 » by TTP » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:20 pm

Guys this is the Fire Doc Rivers thread. Unless you're suggesting that Doc Rivers gave Embiid COVID and intend to use it as support for firing Doc, take your derails elsewhere.

Ditto on the top 5 offensive players, unless you're using it to make an argument in favor of Doc.
jonjames is a signature bet welcher.

Appostis wrote:You're friend ..is a idiot.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,736

Post#128 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:53 pm

Skates wrote:Simmons returns and a bunch of the guys he allegedly hugged it out with all test positive for Covid. Coincidence, I think not.

Only Tobi seems to have been symptomatic and sounds like he is feeling better. Might as well get this all out of the way at once and who knows, it may be that we get some Charles Bassey time.

Ben at the Sixers facility after hearing they're resuming fines again:

DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#129 » by DCasey91 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 11:04 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
Skates wrote:Simmons returns and a bunch of the guys he allegedly hugged it out with all test positive for Covid. Coincidence, I think not.

Ben at the Sixers facility after hearing they're resuming fines again:

My man that film was a visual experience. He’s an ATG cinematographer but sometimes the storylines can drag on and go off direction. Definitely needs the part 2 and beyond

Prisoners
Sicario
Arrival
Dune
Blade Runner 2049

That’s some top 5 there. Three different genres too.
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,479

Post#130 » by elchengue20 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 12:10 am

I dont like Doc but hes done a great job so far this season.

Hes good at coaching underdogs with a chip on the shoulder. Problem is hes been very bad in the Playoffs when expectations are high.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,820

Post#131 » by mjkvol » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:49 am

elchengue20 wrote:I dont like Doc but hes done a great job so far this season.

Hes good at coaching underdogs with a chip on the shoulder. Problem is hes been very bad in the Playoffs when expectations are high.

This is the perfect Doc setup, getting an undermanned group to play hard and overachieve. This is his stock in trade.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
sixers hoops
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 3,057

Post#132 » by sixers hoops » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:21 am

mjkvol wrote:
elchengue20 wrote:I dont like Doc but hes done a great job so far this season.

This is the perfect Doc setup, getting an undermanned group to play hard and overachieve. This is his stock in trade.

Going back to his first overachieving coaching job in Orlando, Doc has always seemed better without stars… other than Boston of course.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#133 » by Zumramania » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:35 pm

In a team without stars, the expectations and the resulting pressure are very low. Could Doc be a choker as well? Not necessarily that he doesn't know what to do, but he gets nervous in high stakes playoff games and makes bad decisions?
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,035

Post#134 » by Sixerscan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:49 pm

Zumramania wrote:In a team without stars, the expectations and the resulting pressure are very low. Could Doc be a choker as well? Not necessarily that he doesn't know what to do, but he gets nervous in high stakes playoff games and makes bad decisions?

I don't think it's choking as much as he has a philosophy that you should do the things that worked all year and not make huge adjustments. Choking is failing to do something you wanted to do in a big moment.
Zumramania
Senior
And1: 409

Post#135 » by Zumramania » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:13 pm

Makes sense. But to put it bluntly, it follows then that he lacks intelligence. I mean, doesn't he see that people make adjustments and that playoffs are obviously different than the regular season? And that his philosophy failed too many times? Or he still clings onto that success with Boston?
76ciology
RealGM

Post#136 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:17 pm

Read on Twitter
76ciology
RealGM

Post#137 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:17 pm

The two loses are inexcusably Doc’s fault. Fire him.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:20 pm

Zumramania wrote:Makes sense. But to put it bluntly, it follows then that he lacks intelligence. I mean, doesn't he see that people make adjustments and that playoffs are obviously different than the regular season? And that his philosophy failed too many times? Or he still clings onto that success with Boston?

Umm.. he made adjustments. For instance this dribble drive we’re running now that is very successful is the same thing he was running with our 3 guard units last season?

Its just his players underperforms in game 7.

Look at PG and Kawhi’s shooting numbers in game 7 clips vs nuggets or our game 7 against the Hawks where our guys made stupid mistakes down the stretch such as Thybulle fouling Huerter on that 3, Embiid’s TOs or Ben passing up an open shot.

Its not like he was coaching the 73 team warriors team or LeBron James and underperformed. That PG-Kawhi team does even look like a mess until now.!

If Ben is making his FTs, we may even not need to beat Hawks in 7 games.

Doc put the guys there. Its up to the guys to perform.

Just because you have a great coach doesnt make Ben become LeBron James.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#139 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:26 pm

Doc wouldnt have accomplished this much if he is “not intelligent”

I think casual fans dont know more than Morey or Embiid, two guys who are VERY high on Doc.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,035

Post#140 » by Sixerscan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:54 pm

Zumramania wrote:Makes sense. But to put it bluntly, it follows then that he lacks intelligence. I mean, doesn't he see that people make adjustments and that playoffs are obviously different than the regular season? And that his philosophy failed too many times? Or he still clings onto that success with Boston?

I wouldn't say it means he lacks intelligence he just puts more value in doing what you do well and less value in trying something different during the biggest moment of the season than you do. That was a common complaint about Budenholzer until he won last year when suddenly instead of Eric Bledsoe choking in the playoffs again he had Jrue Holiday.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers