ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 9: Charlotte Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 7 6:00 PM PCT

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Re: Game 9: Charlotte Hornets @ Los Angeles Clippers: Nov 7 6:00 PM PCT 

Post#61 » by clipsfever » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:42 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Bledsoe is tradeable. He's practically an expiring contract, as he's only got a 4mil buyout the next season.

Not advocating any of these in particular for a Bledsoe flip, but the names that immediately come to mind would be Oubre, Eric Gordon, D Bertans... Gallinari?

If we threw Keon Johnson, etc in there... could we get Gary Harris off Orlando?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#62 » by og15 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 6:51 pm

clipsfever wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:Bledsoe is tradeable. He's practically an expiring contract, as he's only got a 4mil buyout the next season.

Not advocating any of these in particular for a Bledsoe flip, but the names that immediately come to mind would be Oubre, Eric Gordon, D Bertans... Gallinari?

If Eric Jr. wasn't so injury prone, he would make sense, but if you're only going to get 35 games from him, not so exciting anymore.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#63 » by Vae Victus » Mon Nov 8, 2021 8:13 pm

og15 wrote:
clipsfever wrote:

If Eric Jr. wasn't so injury prone, he would make sense, but if you're only going to get 35 games from him, not so exciting anymore.

My ideal target would be a 1/2 combo guard type who can playmake a bit. We dont need a true playmaker as Kawhi and PG13 has the ball the most anyway, but someone who can secondary playmake and attack disruptions.

Realistically all that will be available for Bledsoe is a flawed overpaid player, but as long as that player can fulfill a coupla roles albeit not optimally, it'll be a helluva lot more than whatever Bledsoe can provide.

EJ would be ideal if he wasnt so injury prone. We woulda kept PatBev if he wasnt only good for 40-50 games a season, but durability is something that the team needs to take into account.

Gallo also falls into the same category in being injury prone, and at his paycheck of 20+ mil its a bitter pill to swallow for an aging bench player. The player i'd like to nab from the Hawks would be Bogdan Bogdanovic, he's a combo sized guard who can do a bit of everything. Defensively he's bleh and its unlikely we can play both him and Kennard together, and i think ATL if they have a bad season might decide to cut payroll and give Huerter the reins at starting SG.

Something along the lines of

Bogdan + Delon Wright for Bledsoe + Winslow + one of the young guys in

Clips get a backup PG and Combo G, while ATL saves sizable chunk of money this year and next.

C - Zubac, Ibaka, Hart
PF- Morris, Batum
SF - PG13, Kennard
SG- Bogdan, Mann
PG - RJax, Wright

That's a pretty good roster for this year and if they gel and grow together, add Kawhi next year.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#64 » by donemilio21 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:56 pm

og15 wrote:
clipsfever wrote:

I think Charlotte would be looking to trade Rozier as soon as they can (end of January I think), despite giving him a $100M extension. He'd be an upgrade over Bledsoe, especially if he can get his 3p shooting stroke back, but he is also too similar to Reggie and we might not want to take on that contract.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#65 » by Vae Victus » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:02 pm

donemilio21 wrote:I think Charlotte would be looking to trade Rozier as soon as they can (end of January I think), despite giving him a $100M extension. He'd be an upgrade over Bledsoe, especially if he can get his 3p shooting stroke back, but he is also too similar to Reggie and we might not want to take on that contract.

Too risky to trade for Rozier. He wasnt happy being a role player in BOS behind Tatum and Brown, it'll be a similar dynamic in LAC. Rozier can be the #2/3 scorer this year, but when he get shoved to #3/4 next year? Will he become a malcontent? Also his deal is pretty damn big and it's scary to rely on smaller players to play up to their deals as they get older, unless theyre a HoF level talent.

If his extension was 2 years shorter, i'd say, ****, pull the trigger. 5 years OTOH... oof.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#66 » by TheNewEra » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:19 pm

I’m still okay with giving Bledsoe more time but maybe we should switch up the roles for a while
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#67 » by nickhx2 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:08 am

can't really give up on him. he started the season with some promise also.

i agree that he probably just needs a role reset. my suspicion is lue is just letting him play himself into a star off the bench role. it'll be a lot easier to convince him it's best for the team having tried this way first and it not producing great results.

btw anyone watching ayo play this season? saw his stat line tonight. wondering if we seriously missed out on a gem there.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers