Post#121 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 8, 2021 7:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Embiid could miss a ton of big games... the next 7 days they play 5 games:

Knicks
Bucks
Raps
Jazz
Pacers

with no simmons as well, they will likely fall well out of 1st place.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Around the NBA: 2021-22 Season Thread 

Post#122 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:02 pm

Prokorov wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knicks
Bucks
Raps
Jazz
Pacers

I feel for Joel. This pandemic is not over, and it's going to decide more than we realize this season.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#123 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:13 pm

Prokorov wrote:Simmons for Brown makes sense for both teams...

Read on Twitter

Sixers add a -2way guy, shooter and alpha (embiid is fugazy, he was his best with butler).

Celtics add a guy who doesnt need/want shots to remove the Tatum/Green ballhog dynamic. Simmons becomes the pass first offens creator boston has lacked

I'm not feeling a squad with extended minutes where both Simmons and Smart are on the floor. That's a strong defensive backbone, but truly awful on offense. Worse pairing than Russ and LBJ.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#124 » by Prokorov » Mon Nov 8, 2021 9:33 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Read on Twitter

Sixers add a -2way guy, shooter and alpha (embiid is fugazy, he was his best with butler).

Celtics add a guy who doesnt need/want shots to remove the Tatum/Green ballhog dynamic. Simmons becomes the pass first offens creator boston has lacked

I'm not feeling a squad with extended minutes where both Simmons and Smart are on the floor. That's a strong defensive backbone, but truly awful on offense. Worse pairing than Russ and LBJ.

Russ needs like 100 times more value then smart to impact the game. Smart and Simmons can coexsist. they all can guard 1 through 5. Simmons doesnt need the volume russ does either, and provides some size. he can play the 5 on offense, unlike russ. Boston can put shooters at G (pritchard), wing (Neismith) and PF (Tatum) for spacing. Smart despite weak percentages can get hot from deep.

This move would also allow them to put smart back into a 20-25 mpg role, where he is best served.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,574

Post#125 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:26 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
Read on Twitter

Knicks
Bucks
Raps
Jazz
Pacers

I feel for Joel. This pandemic is not over, and it's going to decide more than we realize this season.

He's symptomatic too, which sucks but hopefully because he's vaccinated it will not result in anything like breathing problems or clotting. I know he was adamant about not wanting to get sick because he has a child at home. :(
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#126 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:27 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm not kean on the idea of having to face Philly with Jaylen Brown. That would be a tough out

Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,827

Post#127 » by Karate Diop » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:24 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
ecuhus1981 wrote:

Read on Twitter

I'm not kean on the idea of having to face Philly with Jaylen Brown. That would be a tough out

I'd love it. Jaylen is so overrated nowadays - he doesn't defend well at all nowadays and is a major black hole on offense.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#128 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:26 am

So, trading Jaylen for Ben would mean moving their most recent $20mil man and one of the team captains in Smart to the bench, further weakening the starting lineup and the locker room??? Nah bruh.

When Marcus' contract is able to be traded in January, you'll probably see some trade rumors flying. If they can cobble together enough ancillary pieces, they might get into the Simmons sweepstakes. Upgrading Smart to Simmons would be a great opportunity for them. Smart has not handled the responsibility of playmaking and spacing the floor for Jaylen & Jayson very well. Weirdly though, he still wants the ball in his hands; on a brand new extension with 5 years remaining, there's not a ton you can tell him.

Also, I don't see them moving Brown for less than Beal, and they might rightfully consider that a lateral move. They sure as heck don't need to stifle the offense even more by swapping Brown for Ben, their defensive numbers are putrid at the moment but with defensive personnel you have to figure it will regress to the mean.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#129 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:33 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:So, trading Jaylen for Ben would mean moving their most recent $20mil man and one of the team captains in Smart to the bench, further weakening the starting lineup and the locker room??? Nah bruh.

When Marcus' contract is able to be traded in January, you'll probably see some trade rumors flying. If they can cobble together enough ancillary pieces, they might get into the Simmons sweepstakes. Upgrading Smart to Simmons would be a great opportunity for them. Smart has not handled the responsibility of playmaking and spacing the floor for Jaylen & Jayson very well. Weirdly though, he still wants the ball in his hands; on a brand new extension with 5 years remaining, there's not a ton you can tell him.

Also, I don't see them moving Brown for less than Beal, and they might rightfully consider that a lateral move. They sure as heck don't need to stifle the offense even more by swapping Brown for Ben, their defensive numbers are putrid at the moment but with defensive personnel you have to figure it will regress to the mean.

Brown is, was, and will continue to be the locker room issue in boston. moving him solves that a bit. smart going to the bench is a good thing.

Beal is a terrible terrible fit.
ecuhus1981
RealGM

Post#130 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:43 am

I can't ride with you on Jaylen being THE problem in Boston. He wants to upset the apple cart, sure, because he wants to be the man and the franchise has already anointed Jayson (and for good reason). But I don't think an overly ambitious #2 is necessarily a cancer.
-- Steve Martin
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#131 » by Prokorov » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:01 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:I can't ride with you on Jaylen being THE problem in Boston. He wants to upset the apple cart, sure, because he wants to be the man and the franchise has already anointed Jayson (and for good reason). But I don't think an overly ambitious #2 is necessarily a cancer.

its not that...

He bumped heads with Gordon heyward who is now gone
He bumped head with marcus morris, who is now gone
He bumped heads with kemba, who is now gone
he is bumping heads with smart now...

they blamed kyrie then they blamed injuries then they blame ainge, now they will maybe blame smart. Rozier and brown were the issues. plus i think he doesnt like playing in a such a racist city either
Kampuchea
RealGM
And1: 8,195

Post#132 » by Kampuchea » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#133 » by MrDollarBills » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:06 pm

Kampuchea wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Deron Williams gets knocked out by Frank Gore, I will piss myself. :lol:

I can't wait

gigantes
Starter
And1: 1,097

Post#134 » by gigantes » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:35 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Kampuchea wrote:
Read on Twitter

If Deron Williams gets knocked out by Frank Gore, I will piss myself. :lol:

I can't wait

Boxing has got to be one of the more ridiculous sports a celeb or ex-pro athlete could possibly get in to, particularly a football player. Assuming Deron hasn't blown through his cash and isn't now desperate, I guess. Which can also happen. :S
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#135 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:50 am

I'm not sure who biggest thief in NYC Kyrie, Randle or Fournier. I dont even feel that bad us paying Kyrie anymore tbh.
GTR11
RealGM

Post#136 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:29 am

Remember days when duh nix fans told us Mitch was/will be better than Fro :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20
_Und3r][D4wg_
Pro Prospect
And1: 563

Post#137 » by _Und3r][D4wg_ » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:12 am

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264692/Nikola-Vucevic-Tests-Positive-For-COVID-19

Hopefully this has no effect on the team... Blake and LaMidrAnge we're bodying up this guy for much of our game against the Bulls a few days ago.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#138 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:04 am

_Und3r][D4wg_ wrote:https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/264692/Nikola-Vucevic-Tests-Positive-For-COVID-19

Hopefully this has no effect on the team... Blake and LaMidrAnge we're bodying up this guy for much of our game against the Bulls a few days ago.

I'm concerned because I think Vuc got it from when he played against the Sixers. Hopefully this doesn't lead to any breakthrough infections on our team. At least we know everyone is vaccinated so the chances of someone going out for a long time due to severe illness are slim.

Hopefully guys have gotten their booster shots if they are within the 6 month window.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#139 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:07 am

GTR11 wrote:Remember days when duh nix fans told us Mitch was/will be better than Fro :lol:

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Jarrett is making an early case for the all star game.

I'm happy for him

GTR11
RealGM

Post#140 » by GTR11 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:22 am

Curry not being able to carry team myth is dead now. We will have our hands full on tuesday with them.

Return to Brooklyn Nets