ImageImage

OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS, RACE OR RELIGION]

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#1041 » by Bucksfan28 » Sat Nov 6, 2021 3:34 pm

Djokovic and Hurkacz had a pretty wild 3rd set.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,491

Post#1042 » by Milbucks96 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:41 am

Absolute war between Gaethje and Chandler, one of the best fights I’ve seen live.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,336

Post#1043 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:20 am

Usman is just too good
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1044 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:28 am

Covington doing well!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1045 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 5:33 am

Usman no doubt
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,741

Post#1046 » by Licensed to Il » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:07 pm

LOL that my post that did not mention politics or religion was deleted. You Packer fans are something else. Nothing but trash talk when times are good. Nothing but anger and excuses when things are not going your way.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,665

Post#1047 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:22 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:LOL that my post that did not mention politics or religion was deleted. You Packer fans are something else. Nothing but trash talk when times are good. Nothing but anger and excuses when things are not going your way.

There's literally an entire Packers board in which we have largely been **** on him for three days, dude.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1048 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:36 pm

Licensed to Il wrote:LOL that my post that did not mention politics or religion was deleted. You Packer fans are something else. Nothing but trash talk when times are good. Nothing but anger and excuses when things are not going your way.

FFS, go to the Packer board and give your astute analysis over there. Where do you think Rodgers discussion takes place, the Packer board or the Bucks board? JFC
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1049 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:42 pm

I'm not a big UFC fan but watched last night and it was a great fight. Is Usman considered one of the best ever in UFC?
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#1050 » by Bucksfan28 » Sun Nov 7, 2021 2:46 pm

Entertaining back and forth in this first set of the ATP Paris final. Medvedev/Djokovic could become an epic rivalry over the next 3-5 years if Novak keeps performing at this level as he ages.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
JoeyMorgan619
Rookie
And1: 1,767

Post#1051 » by JoeyMorgan619 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:35 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not a big UFC fan but watched last night and it was a great fight. Is Usman considered one of the best ever in UFC?

Well he's #1 P4P right now and has won 15 in a row trailing only Jon Jones (17) and Anderson Silva (16). Definitely one of the GOAT. Maybe will be when it's all said and done.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1052 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:15 pm

Honest question about the terrible concert trampling this past weekend. I have no dog in this fight and don't even know who Travis Scott is.

What is Scott supposed to do as the artist on-stage? Don't they have hundreds of lights shined on them? He isn't going to be able to see into the crowd that people are getting trampled, and wouldn't hear anything over blaring music either. I can appreciate wanting to find some accountability for the victims' families, but - aside from being the figurehead as the main event - I'm not sure what Scott could have been expected to do.

This, of course, is different from inciting it to be worse. My understanding is that he's done this in the past with encouraging fans to push to the stage, and maybe history plays into it, but I do not believe he did it this past weekend from what I saw. Just seems to me that Live Nation is who people should be going after, which I think most are, but there's still some coming at Scott also.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,330

Post#1053 » by crkone » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:21 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Honest question about the terrible concert trampling this past weekend. I have no dog in this fight and don't even know who Travis Scott is.

What is Scott supposed to do as the artist on-stage? Don't they have hundreds of lights shined on them? He isn't going to be able to see into the crowd that people are getting trampled, and wouldn't hear anything over blaring music either. I can appreciate wanting to find some accountability for the victims' families, but - aside from being the figurehead as the main event - I'm not sure what Scott could have been expected to do.

This, of course, is different from inciting it to be worse. My understanding is that he's done this in the past with encouraging fans to push to the stage, and maybe history plays into it, but I do not believe he did it this past weekend from what I saw. Just seems to me that Live Nation is who people should be going after, which I think most are, but there's still some coming at Scott also.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,594

Post#1054 » by TroyD92 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:29 pm

MikeIsGood wrote:Honest question about the terrible concert trampling this past weekend. I have no dog in this fight and don't even know who Travis Scott is.

Travis Scott has literally told people at his concerts to attack someone cause he tried to take his shoe. He gets no sympathy from me. His apology video was pathetic too.
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
MikeIsGood
RealGM

Post#1055 » by MikeIsGood » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:46 pm

crkone wrote:
Spoiler:

TroyD92 wrote:
Spoiler:

Travis Scott has literally told people at his concerts to attack someone cause he tried to take his shoe. He gets no sympathy from me. His apology video was pathetic too.

Thanks guys. I hadn't seen this video yet - that and the video of other artists stopping shows debunks my thought that they wouldn't be able to see what's happening in the crowd. That surprises me. Smaller venues are one thing, but I figured they'd almost be purposefully blinded by lights for huge events like this.

So he sounds like a douche whose history is fair game as a result. That works.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,770

Post#1056 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:18 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I'm not a big UFC fan but watched last night and it was a great fight. Is Usman considered one of the best ever in UFC?

Hes for sure the p4p number one guy right now, he probably needs a few more big wins to be in that conversation but he certainly is on his way. That card was an all time great card, literally no bad fights on the entire card.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 2,942

Post#1057 » by BUCKnation » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 am

I actually like Travis Scotts music, but he has a history of inciting stuff before and is pretty well known to be not a great person toward others. It's definitely a mix of the concert promoters, security in general and the artist (moreso than usual in this case) being responsible for this case.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,645

Post#1058 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:22 am

USA v. Mexico tonight in a World Cup qualifier, I've got USA winning 2-1.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,003

Post#1059 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:41 am

StickeeFingaz wrote:USA v. Mexico tonight in a World Cup qualifier, I've got USA winning 2-1.

Looking forward to it. Hopefully college football is over and done with by 8.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,969

Post#1060 » by humanrefutation » Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:30 am

Steffen with a couple big saves so far.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks