ImageImageImageImageImage

NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,465

Re: NBA Games Discussion Thread - Part 5 

Post#541 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:35 pm

queridiculo wrote:Markieff Morris has always been a clown, **** that guy.

I really don’t like Morris. Fake tough and always has been. I hope Jokic doesn’t get a long suspension
In Rizzo we trust
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,335

Post#542 » by dobrojim » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:42 pm

Hornets did not look very good against a Lakers team that really didn't look very good either
although Russ kept his WTFs to a manageable level and had a pretty good game.
Brooklyn looked very one dimensional against CHI who I was curious to watch.
Harden was a non-factor.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#543 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:21 pm

:clap: for jokic with the payback. F Morris.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#544 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:35 pm

nate33 wrote:
closg00 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Ernie Grunfeld had to get rid of his Andrew Nicholson mistake.

(Insert this: Thank goodness for Tommy Sheppard! Twelve years of ineptitude at GM....not any longer!)

Jarrett Allen is a Wizards pick we knew was destined to be a good player. He's now better than just good. This season he might be an All Star. Brooklyn messed up letting Allen go.

Allen isn't under-rated, he is just on the normal development timeline for a big man with talent and now that contract is a good contract. Oh, and I am low-key still bitter about Allen not ending-up being a Wizard like many of us wanted that night.

Agreed. Allen just got a 5-year $100M contract. He's not underrated. He's in the 2nd tier of centers. He's not Embiid, Jokic, Davis or Gobert, and therefore didn't get a full max, but he is getting paid like Capela/Horford/Turner, which seems about right.

Agreed he's not underpaid, but I still think he's underrated - they are 2 different things. As CCJ mentioned, he was given up on by Brooklyn in favor of DAJ. Now, he's clearly more effective than Mobley (who I love, btw), but Mobley gets far more positive attention.
Also, I think he is better than Capela and significantly better than Horford - at this stage of their careers. Capela puts up great regular season numbers - but is one of those bigs who has a lot of problems being playable in the playoffs. Turner's a fair value comp - though he tends to disappear at times.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,730

Post#545 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 2:56 pm

We should have a week every seasons where we go back to 80's rules. Let these fake tough guys feel that heat for a bit. Maybe make that the mid season tournament lol 80s rules lol .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,055

Post#546 » by queridiculo » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:11 pm

dobrojim wrote:Hornets did not look very good against a Lakers team that really didn't look very good either
Harden was a non-factor.

With 7 minutes left to play the Lakers were up 8.

Westbrook managed to turn it over 5 times over that final stretch in a game that probably shouldn't have gone to OT.

He was pretty bad going 5-15 from the floor and a ending up with -17 on the plus minus.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#547 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Markieff messed up by turning his back as if there wasn't gonna be any payback.

That legit hurt him. Whiplash like a mother.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app

Unfortunately, I think Jokic will get suspended for that - it was pretty dangerous coming from a guy as big as he is - I don't think Keiff was acting. But Keiff got what he was asking for. Ya don't do that to stars - particularly when they're bigger than you. Lol at Jimmy Butler talking tough while walking away - though I can't tell from that video that he was talking to Jokic - maybe it was someone else on the Blazers.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#548 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:44 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Markieff messed up by turning his back as if there wasn't gonna be any payback.

Read on Twitter

Wow, what a stupid comment from Marcus - really don't give a bleep that he's defending his brother - just completely stupid to publicly say that. It was his brother who did a hit n run, and then he whines about him getting payback. :nonono:
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,097

Post#549 » by Dat2U » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:47 pm

Yeah the part not talk about enough is Kieff turning his back AFTER taking a deliberate shot to Jokic's ribs. He wouldn't have turned his back in the hood after doing something like that but felt comfortable and protected enough to do so on basketball court. Basically he f*cked around and found out!
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#550 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:49 pm

queridiculo wrote:
dobrojim wrote:Hornets did not look very good against a Lakers team that really didn't look very good either
Harden was a non-factor.

Westbrook managed to turn it over 5 times over that final stretch in a game that probably shouldn't have gone to OT.

He was pretty bad going 5-15 from the floor and a ending up with -17 on the plus minus.

Yeah, he's playing about a minute less per game this season with worse shooting from the field, three, and the line on top of averaging more TOs and personal fouls and about 3 less rebounds, 3 less assist, and less blocks while only taking about a shot and a half less per game. In fairness, those numbers probably are better than what he was putting up early on in the season here when he was atrocious.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,529

Post#551 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:03 pm

queridiculo wrote:Markieff Morris has always been a clown, **** that guy.

Yeah, that shot was taken on-behalf of every player who has been the recipient of one of Kieff's cheap-shots, totally earned.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#552 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Lol, painting himself as the victim and the guy with higher ethical standards... :noway:
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#553 » by bsilver » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:19 pm

nate33 wrote:The Hornets have lost 5 in a row after a 5-2 start had all the pundits calling them a top 6 seed in the East.

Their bench has been bad. They don't play rookies, Kai Jones, and Bouknight. Plumlee is mediocre. Basically a 4 man team at this point. Not a recipe for success.

They need reinforcements, or start developing their young players.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 466

Post#554 » by bsilver » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:24 pm

Lot of force behind that hit. Jokic could be a good offensive lineman.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,335

Post#555 » by dobrojim » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:42 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Harden was a non-factor.

Ooops. I guess I turned if off before all the excitement. I did notice that Russ' end of quarter
possessions were pretty bad on the whole. Not pineing for his return.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 3,974

Post#556 » by DCZards » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:26 pm

Morris' was a cheap shot. Jokic's was just as bad...probably worse given that he hit Kieff in the back (with his full weight) and the risk of a serious injury.
I_Like_Dirt
RealGM
And1: 8,719

Post#557 » by I_Like_Dirt » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:44 pm

DCZards wrote:Morris' was a cheap shot. Jokic's was just as bad...probably worse given that he hit Kieff in the back (with his full weight) and the risk of a serious injury.
Watch the Morris hit again and don't look at the ribs, look at the knee. He deliberately throws a knee on knee. I actually think that's significantly worse.
Bucket! Bucket!
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,704

Post#558 » by montestewart » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:00 pm

DCZards wrote:Morris' was a cheap shot. Jokic's was just as bad...probably worse given that he hit Kieff in the back (with his full weight) and the risk of a serious injury.

Jokic owned up that it was a stupid reaction on his part.

Markieff? "Eh...that's how I play."

Not advocating hurting a player, but Markieff's style invites such occasional overreacting backlashes, and not much sympathy among opponents and fans.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#559 » by FAH1223 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,926

Post#560 » by tontoz » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:26 pm

montestewart wrote:

Jokic owned up that it was a stupid reaction on his part.

Markieff? "Eh...that's how I play."

Not advocating hurting a player, but Markieff's style invites such occasional overreacting backlashes, and not much sympathy among opponents and fans.

When you give out a cheap shot you'd better be ready for a response. If Morris got hurt he has nobody to blame but himself. He literally ran accros the court to give a cheap shot in a game that was over, then immediately turns his back as if Jokic wasn't going to react.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards