And1: 7,701

Re: Tracking Former Wizards 3.0 

Post#1782 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 8, 2021 10:36 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

"I think [it] was the first world championship team in this DMV area."

Walter Johnson is spinning in his grave.

I saw Dandridge at The Capital Cemetery Centre and he was like a glue guy deluxe, managing to integrate everything he had to offer into a pretty set but underperforming team, exactly what they needed to put them (just barely) over the top. Unseld is still my favorite, but Dandridge ranks with a handful near the top.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#1783 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 9, 2021 12:04 am

Last 3 games, 3 DNPs for Troy Brown Jr.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,507

Post#1784 » by closg00 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 12:07 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,969

Post#1785 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:40 am

closg00 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:Last 3 games, 3 DNPs for Troy Brown Jr.

https://pippenainteasy.com/2021/10/31/chicago-bulls-troy-brown-jr-still-struggling-expand-game/
Ayo Dosunmu is a baller. Troy will not get any of Ayo's minutes. Juvante Green and Derrick Jones Jr are also ahead of TBJ

There's really not many minutes behind Derozan and Levine.

Troy's probably not going to stick in the NBA barring another trade.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
GoneShammGone
Junior
And1: 168

Post#1786 » by GoneShammGone » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:16 pm

I know it was "cheap shot" by Jokic to hit him in the back, but I feel very little sympathy for Keef. What do the kids say these days? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?
Illuminaire
Veteran
And1: 606

Post#1787 » by Illuminaire » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:35 pm

GoneShammGone wrote:I know it was "cheap shot" by Jokic to hit him in the back, but I feel very little sympathy for Keef. What do the kids say these days? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

To me, the cheaper shot was Morris sprinting from 20 feet away to throw a sharp elbow into Joker's ribs with two minutes left in a 20 point blowout.

The league needs to come down hard on the source of this crap, not the retaliator. If Morris just does a normal foul, none of this happens.
RealGM

Post#1788 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:56 pm

Illuminaire wrote:
GoneShammGone wrote:I know it was "cheap shot" by Jokic to hit him in the back, but I feel very little sympathy for Keef. What do the kids say these days? Play stupid games, win stupid prizes?

To me, the cheaper shot was Morris sprinting from 20 feet away to throw a sharp elbow into Joker's ribs with two minutes left in a 20 point blowout.

The league needs to come down hard on the source of this crap, not the retaliator. If Morris just does a normal foul, none of this happens.

I agree with Illuminaire.

What Jokic did was righteous in my book. I enjoyed seeing that. It’s called getting a guy up off of you. Jokic in doing that has sent his own message. Nobody else is going to cheap shot him. Not after that.

A potential downside (besides suspension and fines) is perhaps others might try to bait an explosive reaction out of Joker. Get him tossed, but they’re already doing that.

Jokic did right IMO.

Morris was too reckless and acted the part of a bully. He mainly does that to European players. I’m glad he got clocked. I didn’t mind the chicken wing as much as his knocking knees first and the launching with his shoulder with force. He put torque on Jokic and got whiplash in return. Good riddance. That’s what happens.

Jokic played Adebayo too rough for time and score. That he was still on the court was on his coach IMO. Was Joker being a jerk? Depends. I think he was.I understand Morris taking a foul, but not that cheap shot. As it turns out Everyone learned the hard way…everyone

…Except the referees.

If they had called the first foul on Jokic none of the back and forth would have happened. The league should not take any undue action on either player IMO. Morris plays his role VERY WELL. This whole thing was about bad officials and two coaches effing with each other. Mainly Malone not getting his stars off the court in a blowout.

I’m not mad at either player.
Bye bye Beal.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,726

Post#1789 » by gambitx777 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:50 am

Of all the former wizards out there right now is anyone playing there way into a pay day like Gary Payton II

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1790 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:13 am

gambitx777 wrote:Of all the former wizards out there right now is anyone playing there way into a pay day like Gary Payton II

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Gotta like him - every year he fights for an NBA roster spot. Sometimes he makes it, sometimes he doesn't. But in a recent 4 game streak, GS gave him a chance, and he was +90 in 76 minutes - that's crazy. And he made 19 of 27 shots in those 4 games. How great must it be to play with Steph
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,826

Post#1791 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Oubre dropped 37 off the bench last night on only 17 shots from the field. :o

https://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore/_/gameId/401359988
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
Endless Loop
Sophomore
And1: 170

Post#1792 » by Endless Loop » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:50 pm

Just wondering- has there ever been a situation like Wall's?

Houston just announced that he probably won't play at all this season.

A very good player is under contract with a team. He's healthy. The team decides not to play him, because- well, I don't know. So they can tank more effectively?? Aren't there rules against this?

I just think this is sort of outrageous.

And btw, still hard to believe Tommy pulled off what he did in getting rid of this contract!
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,114

Post#1793 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:59 pm

tontoz wrote:Oubre dropped 37 off the bench last night on only 17 shots from the field. :o

Incoming 4 point, 1 rebound, 3 turnover, and 2 of 7 from the field game. Oubre by-and-large throughout his career has been wildly inconsistent, with more toward the bad. Also pretty much a guarantee to miss a good chunk ever season. But yeah, great game.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1794 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:
tontoz wrote:Oubre dropped 37 off the bench last night on only 17 shots from the field. :o

Incoming 4 point, 1 rebound, 3 turnover, and 2 of 7 from the field game. Oubre by-and-large throughout his career has been wildly inconsistent, with more toward the bad. Also pretty much a guarantee to miss a good chunk ever season. But yeah, great game.

Yeah GS was better without him last year. He was really awful early in the season. His on/off numbers were comically bad.

http://www.82games.com/2021/20GSW10.HTM#onoff

His game logs this year are all over the place.
tontoz
RealGM

Post#1795 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:33 pm

Wall unlikely to play this year

John Wall is unlikely to play this season, as the Houston Rockets have no plans to put the former All-Star in uniform anytime soon. The Rockets continue to look for a trade for Wall, but that seems unlikely to happen this year.

“There are no plans for John Wall to play for the Rockets, and it’s becoming increasingly likely that John Wall may not play anywhere in the NBA this season because the cost of his contract right now is just too prohibitive,” ESPN Insider Adrian Wojnarowski said on NBA Countdown.

Wojnarowski added that “Any team that would potentially trade for him would want him to decline that option. Well, he’s not doing that, he’s not giving that money back.”

Wall is on the Rockets books for $44.3 million for the 2021-22 season. Wall then has a player option for $47.4 million for the 2022-23 season.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,701

Post#1796 » by montestewart » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:05 pm

tontoz wrote:Wall unlikely to play this year

John Wall is unlikely to play this season, as the Houston Rockets have no plans to put the former All-Star in uniform anytime soon. The Rockets continue to look for a trade for Wall, but that seems unlikely to happen this year.

“There are no plans for John Wall to play for the Rockets, and it’s becoming increasingly likely that John Wall may not play anywhere in the NBA this season because the cost of his contract right now is just too prohibitive,” ESPN Insider Adrian Wojnarowski said on NBA Countdown.

Wojnarowski added that “Any team that would potentially trade for him would want him to decline that option. Well, he’s not doing that, he’s not giving that money back.”

Wall is on the Rockets books for $44.3 million for the 2021-22 season. Wall then has a player option for $47.4 million for the 2022-23 season.

Sad to see him not playing, but happy that he managed to make his money. As long as he doesn't blow his money on a shark tank and a huge gun collection, he should be set for life. Maybe at the end of that contract, he can adjust to being more of a role playing veteran contributor for a decent team.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1797 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:44 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Too-bad he is not likely to become consistent because the "good Oubre" is a player you want on your team.
RealGM

Post#1798 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:18 pm

tontoz wrote:Wall unlikely to play this year

John Wall is a precautionary tale as to what the Wizards should be mindful of regarding Bradley Beal's next contract. Injury and whether or not a player is a transcending talent need to be considered.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#1799 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:19 pm

closg00 wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:

Too-bad he is not likely to become consistent because the "good Oubre" is a player you want on your team.
Our new coach can and I believe would use Kelly Oubre correctly.

Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1800 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:27 pm

Return to Washington Wizards