ImageImageImageImageImage

How are they going to trade Westbrook?

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Re: How are they going to trade Westbrook? 

Post#41 » by JRoy » Fri Nov 5, 2021 8:10 pm

Kilroy wrote:I'd do Westbrook for Lillard straight up... Much better fit. Assuming his current slump is just performance art.

That’s about 5 FRP short
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#42 » by Dr Aki » Sun Nov 7, 2021 8:15 am

fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#43 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Sun Nov 7, 2021 9:32 am

Dr Aki wrote:

Do it Lebron, now. If Pelinka is the puppet of him...
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#44 » by BEazy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:05 am

Praying that Westbrook doesn't pick up his option next year, or we're going to be really screwed...47 million for the ninja turtle...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
BEazy
RealGM

Post#45 » by BEazy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 4:44 pm

I have a feeling we might trade Westbroke to the Mavs for Porzingis.

Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,182

Post#46 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Nov 8, 2021 5:37 pm

ScHoolBoy B wrote:I have a feeling we might trade Westbroke to the Mavs for Porzingis.

And what would make the Mavs think that Westbrook+Luka could work when he's looked like dog **** alongside two top 10 players? This would almost certainly make the Mavs worse because it would keep the ball of Lukas hands, and the Lakers would have to pickup another year of salary for a negative asset in KP. We'd be lucky to get a full season with AD and KP combined. Lose lose for both teams.
BEazy
RealGM

Post#47 » by BEazy » Mon Nov 8, 2021 11:15 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:I have a feeling we might trade Westbroke to the Mavs for Porzingis.

And what would make the Mavs think that Westbrook+Luka could work when he's looked like dog **** alongside two top 10 players? This would almost certainly make the Mavs worse because it would keep the ball of Lukas hands, and the Lakers would have to pickup another year of salary for a negative asset in KP. We'd be lucky to get a full season with AD and KP combined. Lose lose for both teams.

Not much out there that you can pick from. Might as well try to trade him for something before he picks up that absurd 47 million dollar option he has next year. We’d have 90% of the cap tied up to AD/ninja turtle/LBJ. Unless you want to see a repeat of this **** next season, we have to take on some bad contracts… Luka could help his game out by being the facilitator and Westbrook can focus solely on scoring. It’s not like the Mavs will win anything this year. And this will show Luka that Mavs are trying to improve.

danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#48 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:38 am

I don't mind the Simmons deal. If nothing else, he's young. We'll be able to offload him for some decent player (really all we need! We just needed a decent shooter....f**k, what was so hard about this??!!) and perhaps a first round pick in the 20's. Hell...take an early 2nd rounder, just to be done with it.

Maybe Simmons works out ok, and we actually start to play well (doubtful, but it won't be worse than this crap). And if not, then we can offload next summer.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,633

Post#49 » by danfantastk32 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 4:43 am

Landsberger wrote:
koogiking wrote:
Landsberger wrote:Westbrook is on year 14 of "taking time for it to click". He and Melo are, and always have been, mentally weaker than their physical abilities. Having them on our team was the wrong move and it will eventually play out that way.

Westbook's best possibility with us is bridging an injury to Bron. The two of them together against a "real" team isn't going to work. Injury to Bron is a high likelihood and it's just a matter of time for Davis unfortunately.

Melo has been playing great dummy group him in with Westbrook that's a hating comment, without Melo Lakers might have 0 wins truth be told

Melo is still the same punk that waited until the refs and teammates were holding a guy to punch him in the face then run behind his bench. Remember when he grabbed Sasha by the neck for no reason? He's a stat guy, like Westbrook, that's never been mentally strong enough to actually lead a team. He'll get some points here and there but when it's hard he'll fold.

Call it hate or whatever. There's 15 years of history there to back it up.

Couldn't agree more. Yeah...I'll admit I hate the guy (as a player). F him. Worst ball hog in NBA history. Hate that he's a Laker. Irritates me everytime I think about it.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#50 » by Landsberger » Tue Nov 9, 2021 3:43 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
koogiking wrote:
Melo has been playing great dummy group him in with Westbrook that's a hating comment, without Melo Lakers might have 0 wins truth be told

Melo is still the same punk that waited until the refs and teammates were holding a guy to punch him in the face then run behind his bench. Remember when he grabbed Sasha by the neck for no reason? He's a stat guy, like Westbrook, that's never been mentally strong enough to actually lead a team. He'll get some points here and there but when it's hard he'll fold.

Couldn't agree more. Yeah...I'll admit I hate the guy (as a player). F him. Worst ball hog in NBA history. Hate that he's a Laker. Irritates me everytime I think about it.

Being a punk with no mental toughness doesn't show up in the boxscore. He's right there with JR Rider as the biggest mistakes the franchise has made.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#51 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:20 pm

Landsberger wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

Being a punk with no mental toughness doesn't show up in the boxscore. He's right there with JR Rider as the biggest mistakes the franchise has made.

You're not being objective.

Some people can change.

Both Anthony and Rider took the first step towards winning basketball by agreeing to a reduced role off the bench.

Rider failed. Anthony's book isn't done yet.

Thus far, you must admit, Anthony has helped more than he has hurt.

If you can't concede this fair point, you're entrenched in hatred, bias, and unobjectivity. It is what it is.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#52 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:52 pm

Westbrook and Jordan for Horford and Richardson:

PG - Rondo - Reaves
SG - Bradley - Monk - Ellington
C - Horford - Howard
PF - Davis - Anthony - Doumbouya
SF - Chaundee Brown - Richardson - Bazemore
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,251

Post#53 » by JRoy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:20 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
danfantastk32 wrote:

You're not being objective.

Some people can change.

Both Anthony and Rider took the first step towards winning basketball by agreeing to a reduced role off the bench.

Rider failed. Anthony's book isn't done yet.

Thus far, you must admit, Anthony has helped more than he has hurt.

If you can't concede this fair point, you're entrenched in hatred, bias, and unobjectivity. It is what it is.

Anthony had his share of warts but was a great teammate in POR.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#54 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:29 pm

Westbrook, Ellington, and filler for Horford and Smart.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#55 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 6:32 pm

stan francisco wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Either Hield or Eric Gordon will be a laker at the trade deadline. Without giving up Westbrook.

You think so, big game? Please elaborate?

I do NOT think Westbrook should or will be traded this season. He’ll stay for the playoffs, and Rich Paul will learn too late that his defense won’t be good enough to bring us rings (not worth $40M), so his massive expiring will be shipped out and will probably bring us plenty of new fire power for the season after this one.

I predict that we get booted in the WCF as is. To even get that far, Frank will have to do some mind bending on that Russell dude’s defense.

I think Pelinka is more competent than people give him credit for. Just my guess but I'm sure the mind and Lakers agreed to revisit the buddy hield trade again before the trade deadline. And once Houston goes completely in the tank eric Gordon will be on the trading block. I don't think the Lakers ven keep Nunn or monk part this season so we'll be looking to move them by the deadline.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#56 » by Pythagoras » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:35 pm

iamworthy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Either Hield or Eric Gordon will be a laker at the trade deadline. Without giving up Westbrook.

I do NOT think Westbrook should or will be traded this season. He’ll stay for the playoffs, and Rich Paul will learn too late that his defense won’t be good enough to bring us rings (not worth $40M), so his massive expiring will be shipped out and will probably bring us plenty of new fire power for the season after this one.

I predict that we get booted in the WCF as is. To even get that far, Frank will have to do some mind bending on that Russell dude’s defense.

I think Pelinka is more competent than people give him credit for. Just my guess but I'm sure the mind and Lakers agreed to revisit the buddy hield trade again before the trade deadline. And once Houston goes completely in the tank eric Gordon will be on the trading block. I don't think the Lakers ven keep Nunn or monk part this season so we'll be looking to move them by the deadline.

Interestingly enough, I was glancing at the Lakers stats today and they’re not nearly as bad defensively as I thought. They’re actually 15th in DRTG, (not great, but certainly not awful), but they’re worse offensively, 17th in ORTG. Their defense seems worse than it really has been because of how fast they’ve played this season (2nd in pace). Also, for as much as I’m a fan and defended him, AD has actually underperformed on the defensive side of the ball this season. Assuming AD picks it up and guys start getting more comfortable with Vogel’s defensive schemes, the defense ought to be able to work its way in the low end of the top 10, which is where I expected them this year.

So getting back to the offense, adding a guy like EG or Hield could be a huge addition. The problem is salary matching. There’s no path to the Lakers acquiring either one of those guys without including THT, and Idk that the team is ready to move him.
Numbers rule the universe.
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect

Post#57 » by Eric Bieniemy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:46 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Interestingly enough, I was glancing at the Lakers stats today and they’re not nearly as bad defensively as I thought. They’re actually 15th in DRTG, (not great, but certainly not awful), but they’re worse offensively, 17th in ORTG. Their defense seems worse than it really has been because of how fast they’ve played this season (2nd in pace). Also, for as much as I’m a fan and defended him, AD has actually underperformed on the defensive side of the ball this season. Assuming AD picks it up and guys start getting more comfortable with Vogel’s defensive schemes, the defense ought to be able to work its way in the low end of the top 10, which is where I expected them this year.

So getting back to the offense, adding a guy like EG or Hield could be a huge addition. The problem is salary matching. There’s no path to the Lakers acquiring either one of those guys without including THT, and Idk that the team is ready to move him.

For Hield, they should definitely be ready to move Tucker.

People go on about the horrible fit of Westbrook with James and Davis, but Tucker is almost nearly as bad. I still can't even imagine all four on the court together at the same time, especially with Howard or Jordan at center.
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#58 » by Pythagoras » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:24 pm

Eric Bieniemy wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:
iamworthy wrote:

For Hield, they should definitely be ready to move Tucker.

People go on about the horrible fit of Westbrook with James and Davis, but Tucker is almost nearly as bad. I still can't even imagine all four on the court together at the same time, especially with Howard or Jordan at center.

Moving Tucker + salary filler for Hield is a no brainer to me as well, as I agree about his bad offensive fit next to Lebron. I’d probably ask for a future 1st coming back though.
Numbers rule the universe.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#59 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:56 pm

Pythagoras wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

My guess is that they would be willing to trade THT for the right guy. I love THT but he's not ready. LeBrons not getting any younger so I think Lakers will make moves before the deadline.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#60 » by TylersLakers » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:21 pm

Slava wrote:You take on more salary.

Love + Rubio for Westbrook makes sense for both teams if Cavs plan on moving away from Sexton or convert him to a 6th man. Westbrook is a floor raiser for Cleveland. Lakers get a stretch 5 and a more defensively sound PG.

If that deal is on the table, I'd do it right now.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers