Fantasy Trade Thread

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Re: Fantasy Trade Thread 

Post#901 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:07 am

People are not going to like this but I am on the sell high on Korkmaz train

Obviously can’t do this until we have a few back but if we could turn Kork + into Sexton then I would do it in a heartbeat

Sexton won’t be playing for a few months & is a rfa so will need to be paid next year

Worst case scenario is a s & t in offseason
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#902 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:30 am

Sexton a is bad NBA empty stats player, besides I’d rather keep going with Maxey he’s going to better in the end. Higher aptitude for the game
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#903 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:48 am

It’s an opportunistic play

Sexton probably can’t help us much this year but he’s got way higher value

Buy low, sell high
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#904 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 8:59 am

Tomjas wrote:It’s an opportunistic play

Buy low, sell high

Buy Simons if you can

Buy Ingram/Brown

Buy Fox if that’s the route

Don’t buy bad players ever. Who cares about “higher” value he’s not good. Cavs look much better when he’s not on the court. Got to watch games not look at stats.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#905 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:18 am

DCasey91 wrote:
Tomjas wrote:It’s an opportunistic play

Buy low, sell high

Buy Simons if you can

Buy Ingram/Brown

Buy Fox if that’s route

Don’t buy bad players ever. Who care about “higher” value he’s not good. Cavs look much better when he’s not on the court. Got to watch games not look at stats.

We’re talking about Kork

Sexton is levels above
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#906 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:38 am

Sexton is doo doo but sure if you think he’s good all the power to you.
Tomjas
Lead Assistant

Post#907 » by Tomjas » Tue Nov 9, 2021 9:52 am

Trade bait

Pretty ridiculous to have a debate about the relative value of Sexton v Kork or Maxey
sixers4real
Veteran
And1: 1,893

Post#908 » by sixers4real » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:46 am

Tomjas wrote:People are not going to like this but I am on the sell high on Korkmaz train

Obviously can’t do this until we have a few back but if we could turn Kork + into Sexton then I would do it in a heartbeat

Sexton won’t be playing for a few months & is a rfa so will need to be paid next year

Worst case scenario is a s & t in offseason

I’m sure Morey is not entertained about trading $15M over three years (Korkmaz) to potential max money player(Sexton). Who’s really not worth max money.

Even if Sexton is better then Kork, he’s not x5 times better.
Sixers fan since 2001. From Russia.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#909 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 12:00 pm

Tomjas wrote:Trade bait

Pretty ridiculous to have a debate about the relative value of Sexton v Kork or Maxey

There’s no point in discussion when Sexton is looking for a contract next year.

Your buy low strategy is bunk.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#910 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 12:02 pm

We have Maxey which is 1/10th of the price Mr. CEO.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#911 » by the_process » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:05 pm

Selling high on Korkmaz ≠ Acquiring Sexton
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#912 » by DCasey91 » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:16 pm

If you want sell high on Korkmaz you need to bring in someone that would outdo their value on the contract stakes because as of right now SAUCEMAZ (see the pass in the first q? sauce boss) is definitely better than 3/15 or whatever smart flexible contract it was signed. He’s our Klay to this team with a handle atm

I’m fine on buy low/sell high strats which Morey has been doing for the past year or so with each signing. (done about as good of a job as you can considering the dog pile he stepped into and somehow ended up ahead lol).

Sexton is literally the anti-Morey type. Rather have Milton as trade bait, Green would attract contenders at the deadline like pigs to pigsh*t.

If Thybulle hits 34-35% on 3’s it’s best to keep him imo. He’s an elite defender no question that has a time and place especially for us being so light on perimeter D.

Simons for us would get a healthy uptick because he’s not playing behind ball hogs in Lillard/CJ and Lillard/CJ/Anthony the year before. He’s kind of broken out now so it maybe too far gone but there’s players around that would look better by virtue in putting them in the place to succeed.

I don’t actually mind Double O here. Hawks are way too deep and not doing too hot. He could be our legit backup for all of the Embiid era. I’m buying that for sure.
Arsenal
RealGM
And1: 10,119

Post#913 » by Arsenal » Tue Nov 9, 2021 7:43 pm

the_process wrote:Selling high on Korkmaz ≠ Acquiring Sexton

This. Not opposed to "selling high" on Korkmaz, but getting the right to max out Sexton in return ain't it.

Korkmaz has major value with his continually increasing production and amazing contract. If he goes out, a superstar needs to be coming back in the deal.
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#914 » by Kobblehead » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:49 pm

76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Thybulle is really bad. Ross would be a colossal upgrade on him.

Im neither agreeing or disagreeing.
Just like to know why you think Thybulle is bad?

Personally I think Thybulle is perfect with his role on our team.

We have kork or shake for instant offense, then you have Thybulle for opportunistic basket off deflection with Drummond allowing Thybulle to gamble, cleaning up all their mess.

Offensive detriment. It doesn't matter how good a defender you are if your offense has to play 4-on-5 when you're on the court. He can't shoot or dribble drive so defenders don't even pay him mind.

Thybulle has the worst per minute point production in NBA history. Truly an incompetent offensive player.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#915 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:03 am

Kobblehead wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Kobblehead wrote:Thybulle is really bad. Ross would be a colossal upgrade on him.

Im neither agreeing or disagreeing.
Just like to know why you think Thybulle is bad?

Personally I think Thybulle is perfect with his role on our team.

We have kork or shake for instant offense, then you have Thybulle for opportunistic basket off deflection with Drummond allowing Thybulle to gamble, cleaning up all their mess.

Offensive detriment. It doesn't matter how good a defender you are if your offense has to play 4-on-5 when you're on the court. He can't shoot or dribble drive so defenders don't even pay him mind.

Thybulle has the worst per minute point production in NBA history. Truly an incompetent offensive player.

I hear you.

But defensively, he’s perfect for off the bench. He gets you a lot of easy baskets while disrupting the opponents inferior 2nd unit from running their sets.

Offensively, you can get away with it with some below average 3pt shooting or cutting to the baskets with him being the guy in the paint. It’s kind of how Kerr uses GP3 with the Warriors right now.

Until he gets a reliable jumper, i dont trust him to end games but I think he’s a great spark plug off the bench.

Ross maybe is a guy who can end games like how we use seth, but on our team he’s value is little relative to our current supply given we have similar players who can provide what he does. While I find Thybulle’s effective uniqueness gives him more value to our team
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
DCasey91
General Manager

Post#916 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:25 am

I used to be on the move Thybulle/Korkmaz train but now it’s basically Milton. We are good on bench threats so don’t need an extra one. Thybulle is Thybulle there’ll be moments and games where we’ll definetly need him over another gunner imo.

Also Banchero is a monster and so is Chet (not surprised lol).
Kobblehead
RealGM
And1: 19,080

Post#917 » by Kobblehead » Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:32 pm

We see firsthand Korkmaz and Thybulle on a nightly basis and it's clear how much better and more valuable Furkan is. Ross presents similar elements that Korkmaz does except even more athletic. Having yet another long bomber that can take minutes away from Thybulle would be best for business, IMO.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,703

Post#918 » by the_process » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:52 am

DET gets GHarris, 2022 PHI 1st, and 2027 PHI 1st (1-4 protected, if falls in protected range then debt is extinguished)
ORL gets THarris, Thybulle, and Milton
PHI gets Grant, Ross, and Hampton

Maxey 28/Hampton 20/Springer
Green 20/Curry 28/Joe
Ross 28/Korkmaz 20/(Simmons)
Grant 28/Niang 20/Reed
Embiid 28/Drummond 20/Bassey

After that trade, they could just take all of Minnesota’s picks with filler salary for Simmons and they’d be all set present and future.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Post#919 » by 76ciology » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:14 am

Trading Now for the Future.

Andre Drummond for Bouknight
Andre Drummond for Cam Thomas
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#920 » by Foshan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:06 am

76ciology wrote:Trading Now for the Future.

Andre Drummond for Bouknight
Andre Drummond for Cam Thomas

I have to say, the idea of trading Drummond has crossed my mind several times. I really think we totally killed it with signing him with Embiids health issues. That said, to trade him would, imo, have to signal that we are not going for it all this year. I'm not sure we can afford to even send that signal if Embiid is still working hard. If he is out injured for the season by December, then yeah. I look to move Green / Drummond for growth pieces.

Is Bouknight any good? I'm just seeing bad Malik Monk... but i'm not a college guy so i have no idea.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers