WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Re: Sarver ESPN story 

Post#261 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:27 pm

darealjuice wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sarver's wife sending messages and texts to people that came forward lol
I'd say Sarvers lawyers are probably pretty annoyed right now lol. Like what the hell are you thinking doing that Penny.

I laughed out loud when I read her name was penny. So fitting for that penny pinching ****.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JDLAW
Suns Forum CBA and Legal Expert
And1: 1,301

Post#262 » by JDLAW » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:06 am

If I were the Sarvers' counsel, I would be very upset by this. I would impose a gag order on my clients from this point forward. I understand her being upset at seeing a story on a major outlet talking about bikinis and oral sex when it comes to her, but actions like this often makes things worse. What it also tells me is that the Sarvers know at least some of the persons who came forward and it seems like it is less than 70. It also tells me that the author of article is preemptively fighting to protect his article.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#263 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:23 am

Someone on the defendant side reaching out to the other side without knowledge from their legal council always seem to be a bad move. At best, it's nothing and at worse, it could be witness intimidation.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,366

Post#264 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:01 am

That first one definitely seems to be to McD, though I don't know if he has kids. There were only so many people in the article that were mentioned...one of the second two is probably Watson.

But yeah, seems dumb. Probably worse with the public than with whether or not he is guilty of any of what he was accused of. It really shouldn't have any bearing on that.

McD REALLY seems to be overly bitter. He always seemed somewhat professional even if you could tell he was a dick, but he really seems to want to destroy Sarver.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,157

Post#265 » by Revived » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:32 am

bwgood77 wrote:That first one definitely seems to be to McD, though I don't know if he has kids. There were only so many people in the article that were mentioned...one of the second two is probably Watson.

But yeah, seems dumb. Probably worse with the public than with whether or not he is guilty of any of what he was accused of. It really shouldn't have any bearing on that.

McD REALLY seems to be overly bitter. He always seemed somewhat professional even if you could tell he was a dick, but he really seems to want to destroy Sarver.

This shouldn’t have been a surprise. He’s talked **** about players after trading them away which was a super unprofessional thing that rarely any GM does.

I always knew when he leaves he would be super salty about it and will talk ****.

His little video with the “Booker, Bridges, Ayton you guys are my guys and you guys know how to reach me if you need help” was hilarious. I can’t imagine them 3 ever needing any sort of help from that clown and rather he wanted to boast that he drafted those 3.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,912

Post#266 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:24 am

Would her words be justified if she was right though, probably.

In the end the truth will be somewhere in the middle and there'll be 0 winners, so even if they win they lose.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,149

Post#267 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:00 am

This isn't good. Obviously. I read the article and that's a low key threat she made. A "small" step below outright saying that she's going after someone's kids- that's a problem when no one even mentioned hers.

She ups and decides to threaten someone else's children.

Terrible look from what has continued to be a terrible owner (and human being). No way she didn't fire off those texts without Booby being aware.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#268 » by Bogyo » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:09 am

Slim Charless wrote:This isn't good. Obviously. I read the article and that's a low key threat she made. A "small" step below outright saying that she's going after someone's kids- that's a problem when no one even mentioned hers.

Terrible look from what has continued to be a terrible owner (and human being). No way she didn't fire off those texts without Booby being aware.

Actually Raja mentioned the kids in his stories once or twice. Not in the ESPN article, but on podcasts. Didn't really say anything bad about them, other than they were entitled little brats, who didn't know better / weren't thaught to behave properly. Not in so many words, I'm paraphrasing, but that was the morale of his stories. He also said he has nothing against the kids, they were so young at the time - it was just to show how things were around the team in general.

Penny Sarver seems to be a bit dumbish imho... Even if she wasn't thinking about threatening other children and was honestly asking the other party to think about their situation (playing the part of the worried mother) she should have known that it will be viewed as a threat in the public eye. Not sure what's the truth in this either, but a really bad move for sure.

Also, the journalist trying to protect his story in advance doesn't really look good in my eyes. The article was bad, real bad. He could (should!!!) have done so much more with the info that he had. Now he is trying to hammer out the dents afterwards. Not a good look overall.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#269 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:24 am

Bogyo wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:This isn't good. Obviously. I read the article and that's a low key threat she made. A "small" step below outright saying that she's going after someone's kids- that's a problem when no one even mentioned hers.

Actually Raja mentioned the kids in his stories once or twice. Not in the ESPN article, but on podcasts. Didn't really say anything bad about them, other than they were entitled little brats, who didn't know better / weren't thaught to behave properly. Not in so many words, I'm paraphrasing, but that was the morale of his stories. He also said he has nothing against the kids, they were so young at the time - it was just to show how things were around the team in general.

Penny Sarver seems to be a bit dumbish imho... Even if she wasn't thinking about threatening other children and was honestly asking the other party to think about their situation (playing the part of the worried mother) she should have known that it will be viewed as a threat in the public eye. Not sure what's the truth in this either, but a really bad move for sure.

Also, the journalist trying to protect his story in advance doesn't really look good in my eyes. The article was bad, real bad. He could (should!!!) have done so much more with the info that he had. Now he is trying to hammer out the dents afterwards. Not a good look overall.

Whoever leaked it might've had to more to do with the narrative that's now being spun. If this had just dropped out of the sky, we'd likely have a different opinion.

Either way, if the Sarver's had nothing to fear then they wouldn't have tried to intimidate witnesses.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#270 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:25 am

I thought it was a reasonable move if she believes or knows wrong information was presented that hurt her family.

I won't throw stones and treat her as a crazy person given we often write emotional stuff in the same tone as hers on the internet whenever things happen about basketball.
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#271 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:43 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I thought it was a reasonable move if she believes or knows wrong information was presented that hurt her family.

I won't throw stones and treat her as a crazy person given we often write emotional stuff in the same tone as hers on the internet whenever things happen about basketball.

There's a massive gap between what you or I might write on this forum and billionaire threatening your kids lol. Massive difference.

She in theory, has the money and the connections to follow through on anything she says. The 2 aren't even in the same ballpark.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#272 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:00 am

I can almost guarantee that someone on the Sarver side is reading this thread so real life consequences apply too, take into account she's not a part of the Phoenix Suns anymore than Kendall Jenner, there are people more accountable for our basketball team while she does whatever she's attempting to do.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#273 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:03 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I thought it was a reasonable move if she believes or knows wrong information was presented that hurt her family.

I don't think she's crazy nor do I necessarily think these are threats either but what she did is really quite stupid from a public and legal standpoint. Maybe she had some relationship with these people so she thought it wouldn't be a big deal to send clearly emotional message to them but she really shouldn't have done that. As I mentioned before, at best it's NBD, at worst it's witness intimidation.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Slim Charless
General Manager

Post#274 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:21 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I can almost guarantee that someone on the Sarver side is reading this thread so real life consequences apply too, take into account she's not a part of the Phoenix Suns anymore than Kendall Jenner, there are people more accountable for our basketball team while she does whatever she's attempting to do.

I'd rather the Kardashians own this team than the Sarvers lol.

That being said, I'm still hesitant to believe that billionaires (or hundred millionaires) don't have better things to do then cruise websites.

If we look back, Sarver 1st took a pause from the buffoonary when espn made its original column about him. It was written around 4 years back I think. The one where the NBA was rumored to be concerned that he's a moron and would run this team into ground while embarrassing the league to boot. We're a CP3 trade away from both of those coming true. We're lucky with our proximity to LA.

I have no doubt this is a hit piece-done by the NBA and most likely with the majority of the owners being fine with it. I think Mrs Sarver, like her doofus husband sees the writing on the wall and know they're otw out.

This texting thing is a TERRIBLE look. By anyone's standards.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#275 » by BobbieL » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:26 pm

Video of BobbySarver at a memorial roast. So I think the person has passed away. Its raunchy. In and of itself, might mean nothing for the normal person. But this might present Sarver in a way with a pattern of behavior

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2021/11/10/phoenix-suns-robert-sarver-comments-roast
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Post#276 » by Crives » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Ok here’s a crazy conspiracy theory

Klutch: trade for Ben and we will make the Watson/Sarver story go away

Suns: ok, Ayton + CamJ+ Dario+ Jalen for Ben and Maxey
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#277 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:12 pm

BobbieL wrote:Video of BobbySarver at a memorial roast. So I think the person has passed away. Its raunchy. In and of itself, might mean nothing for the normal person. But this might present Sarver in a way with a pattern of behavior

https://www.si.com/nba/video/2021/11/10/phoenix-suns-robert-sarver-comments-roast

GD that was gross. I can't imagine an organization run by that guy wouldn't have sexual harassment issues.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#278 » by BobbieL » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:53 pm

ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:
BobbieL wrote:Video of BobbySarver at a memorial roast. So I think the person has passed away. Its raunchy. In and of itself, might mean nothing for the normal person. But this might present Sarver in a way with a pattern of behavior

GD that was gross. I can't imagine an organization run by that guy wouldn't have sexual harassment issues.

Not that I am trying to give Bobby S the Benefit - but one would hope his relationship with the deceased - he knew this was coming. That by "roast" it meant Rated R roast

But this is also my theory about Bobby Sarver - he is a still an adolescent or college frat kid mentality tryinig to navigate life as an adult but he is still awkward with a "hey those are boobies" juvenile way about him.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,441

Post#279 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:28 pm

NBA on TNT (@NBAonTNT) Tweeted:
The Inside crew give their takes on the allegations that Suns governor Robert Sarver used racist and misogynistic language and created a toxic workplace environment. #InsideTheNBA https://t.co/KOjsHAer5Q
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Some good points actually made on here. Barkley also talks about standing up for yourself and saying something if in a hostile situation. And he emphasizes not putting up with that ever! But I'm not sure he understands the other side of that coin in regards to families barely getting by and surviving on the salary of their particular jobs alone. That context especially with children involved can create severe desperation, in which you tolerate many things beyond normal circumstances. Things like making sure your children can eat, have a roof over their heads, etc.

It's a little easier to be brazen when/ if you're already financially secure as a multimillionaire athlete and sports celebrity. That cushion allows you to be more outspoken. But for those particular families ( single parents or otherwise) just getting by, it's a terribly oppressive and at times desperate situation. And not at all unheard of for those in more affluent and financially prominent situations to
Weild that power and authority to entertain their desires and whims without consequence. :-?
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#280 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:40 pm

BobbieL wrote:
ImNotMcDiSwear wrote:

Not that I am trying to give Bobby S the Benefit - but one would hope his relationship with the deceased - he knew this was coming. That by "roast" it meant Rated R roast

But this is also my theory about Bobby Sarver - he is a still an adolescent or college frat kid mentality tryinig to navigate life as an adult but he is still awkward with a "hey those are boobies" juvenile way about him.

I think your characterization is accurate, but in a professional context, and especially when you're the owner of a very public enterprise, those comments were way out of line. I wouldn't feel comfortable making those sorts of comments anywhere - not at a roast, at a bar, a party, or in private. Perhaps I'm a prude. Whatever. Statements like that shouldn't be coming out of a guy's mouth unless they're on Comedy Central - where we'd know they're not based in any sort of reality. This gives me the impression that Sarver hangs with a crew of slimeballs. And it certainly makes me think that being a member of the dance squad means you're being subject to constant propositions from your bosses. "Not a good look" is a huge understatement. F this guy and all the old perverts he hangs with.

Return to Phoenix Suns