ImageImageImage

Game 12 - 76ers vs Bucks - Nov 9th - 7:30 pm ET

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,464

Re: Game 12 - 76ers vs Bucks - Nov 9th - 7:30 pm ET 

Post#221 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:56 am

Also, Paul Reed did a good job tonight on Giannis. Reed has got a lot of potential. The hype is real. Tobias needs to get well, guys need to come back. We fought hard these last two games. Gives me hope for when we're at full strength.
Mik317
RealGM
And1: 17,733

Post#222 » by Mik317 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:01 am

really stupid tin foil hat theory time

Silver forced guys out so we stop winning so we feel like trading Ben sooner. Klutch made da call gais

this is the end of your daily really stupid tin foil hat theory time.
#NeverGonnaBeGood
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#223 » by Murray_17 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:14 am

With how we're playing i just have to wonder how we re-integrate Tobias to the line up.

I just don't see too much space for him, but that contract is not gonna be traded anytime soon either
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#224 » by SixthStreet » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:29 am

These last 3 games have been as much pure fun watching them since peak process era. I know it's not a "good" team but damn it's fun to watch them have a modern offensive shot distribution.

We are trying to steal games while at a severe talent discrepancy via math. It's like the opposite of how the last 2-3 years have been on a nightly basis. Refreshing.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,848

Post#225 » by mjkvol » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:35 am

Black Mage wrote:This 4th quarter shows need for a PG????

We are down 7 missing 3 max players and 3 bench guys. GTFO

They wanted a lead in to a Simmons discussion, but to say that was the issue after the night Maxey had? Idiotic.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#226 » by mjkvol » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:39 am

Murray_17 wrote:With how we're playing i just have to wonder how we re-integrate Tobias to the line up.

I just don't see too much space for him, but that contract is not gonna be traded anytime soon either

I was thinking the same thing watching tonight. When the Sixers were humming, the ball was constantly moving, guys were working without the ball. Hard to picture Harris in that kind of offense.
mjkvol
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by mjkvol » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 am

Damn, this team has been fun to watch. One thing that bugged me tonight was why Rivers didn't keep Reed on Giannis. He seemed to be giving him fits, and Giannis dominated otherwise. The other was not pulling the plug on Kork, as he clearly didn't have a thing tonight.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,655

Post#228 » by stormi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:04 am

So who loses minutes once Jaylen Brown is introduced?

Niang has to be a locked on starter. Let Tobias run the bench.

Maxey has to start. I feel like Milton at his big age of 25 years old still plays too unsure/scared. Kork would be better alongside a playmaker, Danny Green too. They're suffering at the moment on this depleted roster having to shoot a tonne of OTD 3's.

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Shake, or more preferably an upgrade, and one of Thybulle or Green should complete the 10 man rotation.

Reed might be a necessity also though. I think he's our most talented jumbo wing / forward defender. Even though his offensive game is still a wip.

Tough calls.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#229 » by Foshan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:14 am

mjkvol wrote:Damn, this team has been fun to watch. One thing that bugged me tonight was why Rivers didn't keep Reed on Giannis. He seemed to be giving him fits, and Giannis dominated otherwise. The other was not pulling the plug on Kork, as he clearly didn't have a thing tonight.

I was also wondering this. We've got some streaky shooters. Which is great when they are hot... but if they aren't... sit the guy. This is drastic, but even to throw springer in there and say stand in the corner and shoot couldn't have been worse.

Also would have loved to see Bassely get more minutes, and Reed too. IMO Reed should have played like 48 or until he fouled out on Giannis.
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,938

Post#230 » by Foshan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:19 am

stormi wrote:So who loses minutes once Jaylen Brown is introduced?

Maxey has to start. I feel like Milton at his big age of 25 years old still plays too unsure/scared. Kork would be better alongside a playmaker, Danny Green too. They're suffering at the moment on this depleted roster having to shoot a tonne of OTD 3's.

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Shake, or more preferably an upgrade, and one of Thybulle or Green should complete the 10 man rotation.

Reed might be a necessity also though. I think he's our most talented jumbo wing / forward defender. Even though his offensive game is still a wip.

Tough calls.

To walk down crazy lane with you :)

Maxey/Curry
Brown/Korkmaz
Green/Thybulle
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

It would be nuts to have Harris off the bench, so maybe he starts and is subbed at the 8min mark and then comes back to lead the bench in the 2nd quarter. I'm really hoping Tobias comes back shooting more threes, and then also looks to run the P&R (as ball or roller) much more often, not just standing around iso'ing.
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,422

Post#231 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:47 am

Spoiler:

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Tough calls.

I’d like to have Jaylen play some point with the starting 5, we’d just run Seth off ball actions, some 2 man game and a lot dumping it to Biid anyway. Same stuff we run with Ben that we’re good at for years already. Just so we’ll have stability to start the game.

We start with this 5:
Seth/Maxey
Green/Milton
Jaylen/Korkmaz or Thybulle
Tobias/Niang
Biid/Drummond

We’d then have a very potent 5 man unit.

Then down the stretch, insert Maxey and/or Milton in the place of Seth and/or Green, depending on the situation
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#232 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:50 am

This game shows us how smart Korkmaz is.

He intentionally missed all those shots to tank his value, just so Celts wont ask for him for the Jaylen Brown trade.

He doesnt want to play with our young socialite/insane young talent in Boston.

All that, while it allows the Bucks to relax on him on our next match and he projected us moving a draft spot higher after this loss.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#233 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:08 am

Those tip-ins by Drummond is a very special talent.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,655

Post#234 » by stormi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:20 am

76ciology wrote:
Spoiler:

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Tough calls.

I’d like to have Jaylen play some point with the starting 5, we’d just run Seth off ball actions, some 2 man game and a lot dumping it to Biid anyway. Same stuff we run with Ben that we’re good at for years already. Just so we’ll have stability to start the game.

We start with this 5:
Seth/Maxey
Green/Milton
Tobias/Niang
Biid/Drummond

Then down the stretch, insert Maxey and/or Milton in the place of Seth and/or Green, depending on the situation

I think I'd be willing to consolidate Green's $10 M alongside Shake's money and Springer as a throw in to get another quality guard making ~15M afterwards as the final championship acquisition piece.

A Dinwiddie/Dejounte/White type.

I'd love FVV, but I'm not sure we can bring back a salary of up to $19M without having to send Korkmaz in return, and that'd just be too much shooting being expelled alongside Danny.

Simmons <-> Brown
Green + Milton + Springer + First(s) <-> Dejounte Murray (alternative Jrue Holiday Bucks package)

Murray/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Brown/Thybulle
Niang/Harris/Reed
Embiid/Drummond

???

Profit.
ivysixer2000
General Manager
And1: 2,016

Post#235 » by ivysixer2000 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:28 am

It is interesting to me how many are saying how refreshing all this is right now.

If we lose the next 10 in a row, I wonder how refreshing it would be at that time.

I do love their effort, but a loss is still a loss, unless we are already counting lottery balls.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,899

Post#236 » by Wilfried » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:13 am

ivysixer2000 wrote:It is interesting to me how many are saying how refreshing all this is right now.

If we lose the next 10 in a row, I wonder how refreshing it would be at that time.

I do love their effort, but a loss is still a loss, unless we are already counting lottery balls.

If we need to attach something to trade Simmons, a pick in the late 10's is more appealing than one in the late 20's
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#237 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:16 am

I mentioned Allen pre season, damn bargain pickup. Would look so sweet on our team regardless of his reputation.

Anyway great effort. Maxey has a huge heart, we gassed bad from late third quarter onwards. Some of Green/Kork and one Niang shot barely hit the rim.

2 best losses I’ve ever witnessed.

Bucks look off it but they just need to be healthy come playoffs and will have a ++ record anyway because Giannis is damn 6”10” more self aware Westbrook, Reed did a brilliant job all things considered .

There’s 82 games as long as Embiid plays 50+ we are fine.

.... Now once we move on from the two biggest elephants in the room all of a sudden there’s sunshine and rainbows at the end of the tunnel which hasn’t been there for me for awhile. Glorious!

OTTNO
Tomjas
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,173

Post#238 » by Tomjas » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:25 am

Entertaining game but a loss

Glass half full - Maxey & Reed are showing their worth & the team is showing spirit

Wins will come with reinforcements
DCasey91
General Manager
And1: 5,312

Post#239 » by DCasey91 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:36 am

stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Spoiler:

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Tough calls.

We start with this 5:
Seth/Maxey
Green/Milton
Tobias/Niang
Biid/Drummond

I think I'd be willing to consolidate Green's $10 M alongside Shake's money and Springer as a throw in to get another quality guard making ~15M afterwards as the final championship acquisition piece.

A Dinwiddie/Dejounte/White type.

I'd love FVV, but I'm not sure we can bring back a salary of up to $19M without having to send Korkmaz in return, and that'd just be too much shooting being expelled alongside Danny.

Simmons <-> Brown
Green + Milton + Springer + First(s) <-> Dejounte Murray (alternative Jrue Holiday Bucks package)

Murray/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Brown/Thybulle
Niang/Harris/Reed
Embiid/Drummond

???

Profit.

Murray/Maxey
CJ/Curry
Brown/Korklord
Niang/Roco
Embiid/Drummond

Yep that is the starting setup imo Im 100% on board. Harris can go for a Large Maccas Meal and a 12 piece for all I care lol. But seriously though if you could grab CJ/Roco for Harris/Milton/Springer we should probably say yes to that instead. Lemme run the numbers real quick.

Harris 36
Ben 31
Green 10
Thybulle 2.8
Springer 2
Milton 1.8

83.6 total

CJ 30.8
Brown 24.8
Murray 15.4
Roco 12.9

83.9 total