ImageImageImage

Game 10: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets 11/8 Monday 9PM EST

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Re: Game 10: Miami Heat vs Denver Nuggets 11/8 Monday 9PM EST 

Post#521 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:45 am

somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least Jokic shows regret of the situation in a press conference, all I've heard from Morris is "That's what I do" nothing remorseful from him....and that flopping, just BAD ACTING.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#522 » by somerandomdude » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:04 am

skywalker33 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

At least Jokic shows regret of the situation in a press conference, all I've heard from Morris is "That's what I do" nothing remorseful from him....and that flopping, just BAD ACTING.

He knew he screwed up bad, but it's okay, the NBA pampers him and only gave him a one game suspension. Now he knows he can get away with **** like this without any serious repercussion.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,255

Post#523 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:51 am

somerandomdude wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

He knew he screwed up bad, but it's okay, the NBA pampers him and only gave him a one game suspension. Now he knows he can get away with **** like this without any serious repercussion.

And Morris knows his play in inconsequential, so he's just taking yet ANOTHER thuggery suspension for the team.....just another jerk move since he knows his play isn't gonna win anygames.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
puppa bear
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,500

Post#524 » by puppa bear » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:32 am

skywalker33 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
skywalker33 wrote:

And Morris knows his play in inconsequential, so he's just taking yet ANOTHER thuggery suspension for the team.....just another jerk move since he knows his play isn't gonna win anygames.

How is this productive? There’s a 1000 post thread on this topic on the GB. If you want to find support for Jolie that’s the most likely place to go.

Both players were in the wrong, one was more in the wrong. Both get repercussions, the one who did the more dangerous action was more heavily punished. If you disagree with this complain to the league. You won’t get pity here.
Shewasfly
Head Coach
And1: 11,752

Post#525 » by Shewasfly » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:45 am

Well now that we know what Jokic did is only a one game suspension...it's on. And not just the next time the Heat and Nuggets play. Whole league should be on watch if what Jokic did is not only not even a flagrant in game but only warrants a one game suspension.

But that same energy better be kept.
:tiredJB:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#526 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:36 pm

Shewasfly wrote:Well now that we know what Jokic did is only a one game suspension...it's on. And not just the next time the Heat and Nuggets play. Whole league should be on watch if what Jokic did is not only not even a flagrant in game but only warrants a one game suspension.

Just so you know, there's nobody outside of Miami that would agree with you. Morris was the clear instigator, and turning his back was a clown move by him. Jokic deserved the 1 game suspension, because what he did was dangerous, but he's coming out as the good guy in this - everywhere except Miami.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Tony15
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,862

Post#527 » by Tony15 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Shewasfly wrote:Well now that we know what Jokic did is only a one game suspension...it's on. And not just the next time the Heat and Nuggets play. Whole league should be on watch if what Jokic did is not only not even a flagrant in game but only warrants a one game suspension.

Just so you know, there's nobody outside of Miami that would agree with you. Morris was the clear instigator, and turning his back was a clown move by him. Jokic deserved the 1 game suspension, because what he did was dangerous, but he's coming out as the good guy in this - everywhere except Miami.

Well nobody here denies Morris instigated, so your straw man argument falls flat sorry to say. Additionally, what Jokic did was not only dangerous, but also the biggest ***** move in this situation as Morris had his back turned, so the idea that everyone outside of Miami sees Jokic as the good guy is quite the indictment. :lol:

Ah well....bigger fish to fry for the HEAT.
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#528 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:58 pm

The entire NBA now has the green light to violently hit each other during dead balls.

It's only 1 game suspension.

That's what Silver just did. 1 game suspension for a player who violently hit another player during a dead ball, because he took offense to a foul.

Now, when another player hits another player during a dead ball for something else he doesn't like, it can only get 1 game suspension, or else Adam Silver and the league are getting sued by the Players Union.
"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
greg4012
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,784

Post#529 » by greg4012 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:41 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
somerandomdude wrote:
Read on Twitter

Get over it toots
Grumpy Heat Fan
General Manager
And1: 8,305

Post#530 » by Grumpy Heat Fan » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:50 pm

Why some people pretending like Jokic isn't a thug who hard fouls others too?

"As for me personally, I don't truly care how much I make these days, my main focus is on playing for a winner." - Dirk Nowitzki, July 2016
contract
RealGM
And1: 20,786

Post#531 » by contract » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:56 pm

Grumpy Heat Fan wrote:The entire NBA now has the green light to violently hit each other during dead balls.

It's only 1 game suspension.

That's what Silver just did. 1 game suspension for a player who violently hit another player during a dead ball, because he took offense to a foul.

Now, when another player hits another player during a dead ball for something else he doesn't like, it can only get 1 game suspension, or else Adam Silver and the league are getting sued by the Players Union.

There already was precedence ...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2021/07/03/patrick-beverley-suspended-shoving-chris-paul-clippers-suns/7854982002/

:meditate: Team Small Ball :meditate:
somerandomdude
Analyst
And1: 8,472

Post#532 » by somerandomdude » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:27 pm

contract wrote:Morris ran across the court and drove his shoulder and elbow into Jokic's ribs. There was no attempt at a basketball play.

Morris went over to Jokic with his right hand up to stop / deflect the pass. That's a basketball play.

And because it's inevitable that someone will accuse me of being biased without stating an actual counter-argument, here's another attempt at a basketball play:

If Jokic doesn't catch his face, that's a clean strip, and I don't doubt that Jokic actually made an attempt at the ball.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#533 » by puppa bear » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:59 am

Ruzious wrote:

The thing I can’t understand is the “clown move” argument. I’ve seen it on the GB. He committed a foul to stop the fastbreak, put a little frustration in it, then walked away.
He saw Jokic as fouling Bam, he stopped the break & put a little extra on it. This is done most games. Heck, if Jokic doesn’t react it probably doesn’t even get called a Flagrant 1.

Walking away and not making things worse should never be considered a clown move. The clown move would have been to stand in and stare him down or start yapping - that would have just been dumb chest beating BS.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#534 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:41 am

puppa bear wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

The thing I can’t understand is the “clown move” argument. I’ve seen it on the GB. He committed a foul to stop the fastbreak, put a little frustration in it, then walked away.
He saw Jokic as fouling Bam, he stopped the break & put a little extra on it. This is done most games. Heck, if Jokic doesn’t react it probably doesn’t even get called a Flagrant 1.

Walking away and not making things worse should never be considered a clown move. The clown move would have been to stand in and stare him down or start yapping - that would have just been dumb chest beating BS.

Sorry but your description is absurd. There's nobody outside of Miami that would agree with it. Morris got thrown out of the game for an obvious reason - his foul was a complete cheap shot - obviously - it wasn't anything resembling a basketball move. 100% of the time - if someone does that, it's at least a technical foul and obviously gets a reaction from the other player. It's absolutely crazy to expect Jokic to just let that go - CRAZY! To turn your back on him as if you're somehow protected... that's the dictionary definition of a clown move, and it obviously invited a hit to the back.

Ya know what... this is your board, so I'm not going to say anything more here after this, but if you weren't a Heat fan, a guarantee your view would be different - and I say that as a fan of neither team.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#535 » by puppa bear » Thu Nov 11, 2021 12:16 pm

Ruzious wrote:
puppa bear wrote:
Ruzious wrote:Just so you know, there's nobody outside of Miami that would agree with you. Morris was the clear instigator, and turning his back was a clown move by him. Jokic deserved the 1 game suspension, because what he did was dangerous, but he's coming out as the good guy in this - everywhere except Miami.

Sorry but your description is absurd. There's nobody outside of Miami that would agree with it. Morris got thrown out of the game for an obvious reason - his foul was a complete cheap shot - obviously - it wasn't anything resembling a basketball move. 100% of the time - if someone does that, it's at least a technical foul and obviously gets a reaction from the other player. It's absolutely crazy to expect Jokic to just let that go - CRAZY! To turn your back on him as if you're somehow protected... that's the dictionary definition of a clown move, and it obviously invited a hit to the back.

Ya know what... this is your board, so I'm not going to say anything more here after this, but if you weren't a Heat fan, a guarantee your view would be different - and I say that as a fan of neither team.

I can 100% guarantee your wrong on my opinion - I have consistency on what I think, independent of the teams, and have been disgusted with how my own team conducts itself at times. I’ve defended teams & players I hate in similar situations, and have always been against hitting someone in the back. Jokic could have just committed a hard foul on the next drive and I would have said “that was coming, refs need to get control of this before it gets out of their control or someone gets hurt”.

But thanks for coming into our space and telling us how we should think, speaking for the rest of the NBA fan base and giving us the appropriate attitudinal adjustment
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#536 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:33 pm

Sorry I lied - 1 more response. I agree... that what Jokic did was dangerous and deserved a 1 game suspension. Problem is - this isn't The Jetsons where players are robots. They react as humans in the heat of the moment. Your suggestions for a Jokic retaliation don't take that into account. He was - and rightfully so - very angry at Morris right then - in the heat of the moment. In that situation, most basketball players running downcourt aren't going to wait for another time to get retribution. They're angry now, and they react. That's human nature. That's why Morris turning his back made it inevitable that he'd get hit in the back. And this is what 99% of basketball fans understand. If I was out of line, I apologize, but I'm just telling you what I think is true.
puppa bear
Lead Assistant

Post#537 » by puppa bear » Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:Sorry I lied - 1 more response. I agree... that what Jokic did was dangerous and deserved a 1 game suspension. Problem is - this isn't The Jetsons where players are robots. They react as humans in the heat of the moment. Your suggestions for a Jokic retaliation don't take that into account. He was - and rightfully so - very angry at Morris right then - in the heat of the moment. In that situation, most basketball players running downcourt aren't going to wait for another time to get retribution. They're angry now, and they react. That's human nature. That's why Morris turning his back made it inevitable that he'd get hit in the back. And this is what 99% of basketball fans understand. If I was out of line, I apologize, but I'm just telling you what I think is true.

good response. Appreciate the class shown in this post. Thanks.

I come from an era/playing mentality (& perhaps it’s just being Aussie vs American) where the appropriate response for Jokic is to have Morris’ defender allow him to drive and then show him what a hard foul truly is. If it escalates at that point then so be it. It’s likely face to face and not while someone is walking away - so both are willing participants.

Acting while someone’s back is turned shows a lack courage for me - heat of the moment or not. This will be unpopular, but in my opinion too much is made of “respect”. It just breeds fragile youth who are uncertain of their own identity as an individual. Even though I’m generally anti-violence & don’t like the sport, boxers being able to stand face to face shows a quality that is often lacking.

Perhaps I’m just cut from different cloth

Return to Miami Heat