76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Re: Game 12 - 76ers vs Bucks - Nov 9th - 7:30 pm ET 

Post#241 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:07 am

stormi wrote:
76ciology wrote:
Spoiler:
stormi wrote:So who loses minutes once Jaylen Brown is introduced?

Niang has to be a locked on starter. Let Tobias run the bench.

Maxey has to start. I feel like Milton at his big age of 25 years old still plays too unsure/scared. Kork would be better alongside a playmaker, Danny Green too. They're suffering at the moment on this depleted roster having to shoot a tonne of OTD 3's.

Something like:

Maxey/?
Curry/Korkmaz
Brown/?
Niang/Harris
Embiid/Drummond

Shake, or more preferably an upgrade, and one of Thybulle or Green should complete the 10 man rotation.

Reed might be a necessity also though. I think he's our most talented jumbo wing / forward defender. Even though his offensive game is still a wip.

Tough calls.

I’d like to have Jaylen play some point with the starting 5, we’d just run Seth off ball actions, some 2 man game and a lot dumping it to Biid anyway. Same stuff we run with Ben that we’re good at for years already. Just so we’ll have stability to start the game.

We start with this 5:
Seth/Maxey
Green/Milton
Jaylen/Korkmaz or Thybulle
Tobias/Niang
Biid/Drummond

We’d then have a very potent 5 man unit.

Then down the stretch, insert Maxey and/or Milton in the place of Seth and/or Green, depending on the situation

I think I'd be willing to consolidate Green's $10 M alongside Shake's money and Springer as a throw in to get another quality guard making ~15M afterwards as the final championship acquisition piece.

A Dinwiddie/Dejounte/White type.

I'd love FVV, but I'm not sure we can bring back a salary of up to $19M without having to send Korkmaz in return, and that'd just be too much shooting being expelled alongside Danny.

Simmons <-> Brown
Green + Milton + Springer + First(s) <-> Dejounte Murray (alternative Jrue Holiday Bucks package)

Murray/Maxey
Curry/Korkmaz/Joe
Brown/Thybulle
Niang/Harris/Reed
Embiid/Drummond

???

Profit.

I’d rather use that package for a guy like Jerami Grant. Because as we have watched, we need a guy like Paul Reed who can defend Giannis.

If we can neutralize the Bucks, its finals for a looooooong time.

*I’d rather have Green and Milton than Dejounte.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#242 » by Murray_17 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:45 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:It is interesting to me how many are saying how refreshing all this is right now.

If we lose the next 10 in a row, I wonder how refreshing it would be at that time.

I do love their effort, but a loss is still a loss, unless we are already counting lottery balls.

People is happy because the team is playing amazing for how undermaned is, that should de a sign f how good the team is gonna be at full strength-

This were basically schedule loses. And i think we are gonna eat a lot of them until Joel and Tobias come back to the line up because without them not only are we undermaned we also lack length and our schedule is strong.

I'm fine with it because this also add to the fact of what was our record before all this COVID stuff.

Basically we have a lot of references to say at this rate that this team is REALLY good.
JojoSlimbiid
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#243 » by JojoSlimbiid » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:45 pm

Kork has 0 legs last night. Could of used some more Joe. At one point in the 4th Kork just stopped moving all together.
Murray_17
RealGM
And1: 9,984

Post#244 » by Murray_17 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:46 pm

JojoSlimbiid wrote:Kork has 0 legs last night. Could of used some more Joe. At one point in the 4th Kork just stopped moving all together.

Joe is on COVID protocols
mjkvol
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,831

Post#245 » by mjkvol » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:02 pm

ivysixer2000 wrote:It is interesting to me how many are saying how refreshing all this is right now.

If we lose the next 10 in a row, I wonder how refreshing it would be at that time.

I do love their effort, but a loss is still a loss, unless we are already counting lottery balls.

Don't want to speak for anyone else, but I believe the 'refreshing' part is simply seeing a group play in a style more in line with the way the game is played today rather than one stuck in the 1990's like we've seen the last few seasons. That, and a bunch of guys selling out and leaving it all on the floor every night. This team is fun to watch for the first time in ages.

It's all about the playoffs, anyway, and if we can now find out what we have deep in this roster that might be able to help in certain spots come playoff time (BBall Paul - Giannis stopper??), it will have been more than worth a few early season losses.
"If voting mattered, they wouldn't let you do it." - George Carlin
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#246 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:33 pm

If Maxey had better court vision and more clout on offense with the full starters, I'd 100% back off looking at De'Aaron Fox. His finishing around the rim is really crazy and his three point shooting is starting to take form. If you're a force on offense, I can ignore the mediocre defense.
Kolkmania
Analyst
And1: 1,664

Post#247 » by Kolkmania » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:55 pm

The touch that Maxey shows on his floaters and finishes around the basket is so ridiculous. That kind of touch will soon or later convert into solid three point shooting, certainly with his work ethic. He just needs to maintain that quick trigger when defenders drop to contain his drives.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#248 » by SixthStreet » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:42 pm

Kolkmania wrote:The touch that Maxey shows on his floaters and finishes around the basket is so ridiculous. That kind of touch will soon or later convert into solid three point shooting, certainly with his work ethic. He just needs to maintain that quick trigger when defenders drop to contain his drives.

By that time Klutch will hold him out. :evil:
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#249 » by stormi » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:00 pm

Negrodamus wrote:If Maxey had better court vision and more clout on offense with the full starters, I'd 100% back off looking at De'Aaron Fox. His finishing around the rim is really crazy and his three point shooting is starting to take form. If you're a force on offense, I can ignore the mediocre defense.

Who would leap Fox on your semi-realistic Ben returns then?
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,742

Post#250 » by Negrodamus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:38 pm

stormi wrote:
Negrodamus wrote:If Maxey had better court vision and more clout on offense with the full starters, I'd 100% back off looking at De'Aaron Fox. His finishing around the rim is really crazy and his three point shooting is starting to take form. If you're a force on offense, I can ignore the mediocre defense.

Who would leap Fox on your semi-realistic Ben returns then?

I'm not sure. And to be clear, if you can get Fox, I'd still do it.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Brandon Ingram is not available. Boston already said Jaylen Brown isn't available. Not sure I'd want Lillard even if he were available, but he could be if things continue to go off the rails. I could see the T'Wolves giving a massive draft haul for Ben and us redirecting that to the Blazer.

If we can completely rob SA with Murray and Vassell, I'd do that. It's just not a good market right now. Morey doesn't want hypothetical good players. So he's targeting win now players, but they are all 6'5 and under. So if Maxey completely breaks out, we're going to probably put a redundant player with him, or smaller.

Return to Philadelphia 76ers