Image ImageImage Image

Options to fix the PF hole

Moderators: HomoSapien, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, fleet, AshyLarrysDiaper, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson

sco
RealGM
And1: 7,649

Re: Options to fix the PF hole 

Post#321 » by sco » Sat Nov 6, 2021 5:59 pm

JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Sam Dekker just got waived he can play a bit and has some size.

I'd try him if we just aren't playing Matt.
:clap:
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,543

Post#322 » by Andi Obst » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:05 pm

With Siakam coming back now I could see Boucher completely falling out of the rotation in Toronto. He has an expiring contract that is easy to match and could definitely have a role here. I would take him for the right price, but I also think he's a little overrated on this board at times.

Boucher and Clarke are probably the only semi-realistic targets that could actually improve the team right now IMO.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,262

Post#323 » by kodo » Sat Nov 6, 2021 6:41 pm

Yeah I like Boucher & Clarke, but I also don't think we have anything Toronto & Memphis want right now.

If this happens, it will have to be an agent saying "look, you're DNPing my client, that's just bad for his next contract. If you're not going to play him, at least do my agency a solid and move him to a team where he'll get some burn."

Troy Brown Jr and a 2nd rounder isn't worth anything, let's be real.
Pax for Prez
Starter
And1: 375

Post#324 » by Pax for Prez » Sat Nov 6, 2021 8:26 pm

sco wrote:
JohnnyKILLroy wrote:Sam Dekker just got waived he can play a bit and has some size.

I'd try him if we just aren't playing Matt.

Agreed, I would bring him in for a workout. If he impresses, sign him to a non guarantee deal and waive M. Thomas.
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#325 » by panthermark » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:32 pm

It is amazing how big our hole is at PF. Ball, Lavine, DD, Caruso, Green, Ayo, and eventually Coby...(not to mention DDJ). The guards and wings are covered. Vuc and Bradley at center. But PF? Pffff.... Even with a healthy Pat, there is a bit of a hole at that spot.

I would assume there is something on the back-burner.
Out hustling everyone for 82 games is a grind.... and come play-off time...other teams will turn it up to 11 as well.
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#326 » by jake_swivel » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:17 am

Isaiah Roby. He’s not going to score much, but he can handle the ball some, move it fast, drive to the basket and hit the midrange shot. Defensively he can guard 3-5 and plays good team defense. Has a chip on his shoulder in a good way. Would fit in seamlessly with this team. The type of player that will look better on a team filled with vets who are trying to win now. Jack of all trades master of none.

Give the thunder Marko. They need a developmental big.
PrimzyBulls81
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,226

Post#327 » by PrimzyBulls81 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:42 am

I really like what I saw from Derrick Jones lately, I think he is covering PF spot pretty good,also Alize Johnson is more than capable of playing 10min per game, hustle, pick up rebounds and play D. Until trade deadline I dont think we need to make any move.
I love Javonte Green and his defense, but we saw against KD, that he is just too small and has short wingspan, even if he was in your face defending, he was just too short to block KD , not even close. Jones on other hand is taller and has longer wingspan and was better defending KD, he had hands in KD's face on multiple shots and KD missed 4 of 5 shots in that span.
ekpeudoh
Ballboy
And1: 11

Post#328 » by ekpeudoh » Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:05 pm

Brandon Clarke would be a perfect fit
sco
RealGM

Post#329 » by sco » Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:57 pm

Unless we can find a legitimate 3-D option at PF, I think we are getting enough defense from our 2 headed monster.

When Coby comes back, I might be inclined to try starting DJJ and shifting Green to the bench...I think Green can help more fast breaks off turn-overs for that unit, where DJJ brings some rim protection to the starting group.
Jcool0
RealGM
And1: 7,792

Post#330 » by Jcool0 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:17 pm

ekpeudoh wrote:Brandon Clarke would be a perfect fit

Just had a 20/9 game on 72% shooting.

MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,089

Post#331 » by MGB8 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:56 pm

Jcool0 wrote:

The problem with Clarke is that the Bulls clearly want a "big wing" at the 4. Clarke is similar to Alize Johnson - and they clearly prefer Green / Jones for more perimeter defense and speed.

When Coby is back, though, I think they need to ditch Matt Thomas in exchange for one other "big wing" option. Not sure if there's anyone available via trade at a reasonable (non 1st) cost - maybe Moe Harkless when the Kings are out of it, or maybe Cedi Osman from the Cavs. Maybe the pricey (and thus potentially un-fittable) Taurean Prince from the Wolves?

I wonder what Paul Zipser is doing? (Edit - he signed a 3 year deal with a German team in July, 2021). Is MKG fully done? Quincy Acy just signed overseas but he has been a solid energy guy at times and would fit the mold.
ikeziskash
Lead Assistant
And1: 158

Post#332 » by ikeziskash » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:54 pm

Just go all in and get Christian Wood.
jump
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,408

Post#333 » by jump » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:37 pm

MGB8 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

The problem with Clarke is that the Bulls clearly want a "big wing" at the 4. Clarke is similar to Alize Johnson - and they clearly prefer Green / Jones for more perimeter defense and speed.

When Coby is back, though, I think they need to ditch Matt Thomas in exchange for one other "big wing" option. Not sure if there's anyone available via trade at a reasonable (non 1st) cost - maybe Moe Harkless when the Kings are out of it, or maybe Cedi Osman from the Cavs. Maybe the pricey (and thus potentially un-fittable) Taurean Prince from the Wolves?

I wonder what Paul Zipser is doing? (Edit - he signed a 3 year deal with a German team in July, 2021). Is MKG fully done? Quincy Acy just signed overseas but he has been a solid energy guy at times and would fit the mold.

Not sure why you think the "clearly want a big wing at the 4." It seems to me that they are settling for big wings, now that PW is down. Clarke looks like a great candidate. But I question why he's been on the bench for awhile.
sco
RealGM

Post#334 » by sco » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:13 pm

MGB8 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Vonleh or RHJ?
nanokooshball
Sophomore
And1: 257

Post#335 » by nanokooshball » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:06 pm

Anyone talk about Kevin Love? Potential buy out candidate. Can play similar role to Vuc off the bench as a reserve, but at PF w Bradley at C. Gives a big body and 3 pt shooting w + rebounding. Will sacrifice at lateral speed in general. But, in general higher IQ player, would be a boon for playoff run
panthermark
RealGM
And1: 3,512

Post#336 » by panthermark » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:15 pm

nanokooshball wrote:Anyone talk about Kevin Love? Potential buy out candidate. Can play similar role to Vuc off the bench as a reserve, but at PF w Bradley at C. Gives a big body and 3 pt shooting w + rebounding. Will sacrifice at lateral speed in general. But, in general higher IQ player, would be a boon for playoff run

As a minimum salary player sure. I wonder if he would prefer LA....or would be pissed at Bron for ditching him in Cleveland?
Jealousy is a sickness.......get well soon....
IliketheBullsNBearstoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,061

Post#337 » by IliketheBullsNBearstoo » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:54 pm

ikeziskash wrote:Just go all in and get Christian Wood.

I keep reading this. What exactly does it mean to go all in? Trading one or more of our starters? And is there info out there that states that Houston would be willing to trade him?
biggestbullsfan
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#338 » by biggestbullsfan » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:15 am

I didn’t realize Marc Gasol wasn’t playing overseas anymore. I think he would be a perfect fit for us. Low cost, smart player, can spread the floor and pass.
terry
Senior
And1: 268

Post#340 » by terry » Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:39 am

sco wrote:
MGB8 wrote:
Jcool0 wrote:

Vonleh or RHJ?

Vonleh currently plays for the Shanghai Sharks

Return to Chicago Bulls