Post#1581 » by iamworthy » Tue Nov 9, 2021 11:18 pm

:lol:
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,502

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#1582 » by zimpy27 » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:14 am

A bit rough to see Caruso was willing to take less to stay with lakers and they said no... Lakers offered less than 2/15m..

That is mind boggling to me that they were willing to pay THT all that and not even really Nunn money for Caruso

"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#1583 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:40 am

iamworthy wrote:Austin Reaves will be better than Alex Caruso when it's all said and done.

I still take both Reaves and Caruso over Westbrook 100%, and Pelinka lied again for real. He's been a good GM, but he's not an honest person. That's not mutually exclusive, of course.

Read on Twitter
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,909

Post#1584 » by iamworthy » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:07 pm

Danny Darko wrote:
iamworthy wrote:Austin Reaves will be better than Alex Caruso when it's all said and done.

I still take both Reaves and Caruso over Westbrook 100%, and Pelinka lied again for real. He's been a good GM, but he's not an honest person. That's not mutually exclusive, of course.

Read on Twitter

I’ll judge Westbrook in February. There’s very little if any adjustment for roll players on the court in regards to Caruso and Austin. If Westbrook shows no improvement by February I'm jumping on board with you.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#1585 » by Slava » Wed Nov 10, 2021 5:53 pm

Listening to the Bill Simmons podcast and he says Ben Simmons has a competitive disorder. It reminded me of TyCobb’s scouting report back during that draft. Between that and The Ball brothers flourishing, your reports are aging really well buddy.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,177

Post#1586 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:20 pm

Throw the ball on the court, and go and get me a bucket. You gotta go with Westbrook. The bond and chemistry with Bron and Caruso was dynamic. But Bron is up there in years, and he needs a takeover guy when he's out. The only thing we are hoping for is chemistry development. We shall see what this all looks like 2nd half.
Secondly, Dr. Buss was always about the Math. We can see the kids used numbers, and now the math came into play with Tax and Caruso contract.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Pythagoras
Analyst
And1: 3,282

Post#1587 » by Pythagoras » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:31 pm

Given Vogel’s love affair with playing big, I’d love to trade for Myles Turner. Given the Lakers interest, the fact that Pacers have been trying to trade him forever, and the fact that they clearly aren’t getting big offers, I can’t believe there isn’t a deal there to be made.

THT+Nunn+filler for Turner
Numbers rule the universe.
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#1588 » by mcscotty » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:42 am

Steph Curry soon gonna get himself in the GOAT conversation.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1589 » by Kilroy » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:59 pm

mcscotty wrote:Steph Curry soon gonna get himself in the GOAT conversation.

He probably will, and soon... And when he does, the GOAT conversation will lose whatever relevance it has left.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1590 » by Pythagoras » Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:27 pm

For anyone questioning whether AD is a superstar, he has the Lakers at 8-6 this year while Giannis and the Buck are 6-8 this year while having similar injury problems to the Lakers.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1591 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:48 pm

I'll take it
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Post#1592 » by stan francisco » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:18 pm

Stanley Johnson is now on SB Lakers. I wanted him here years ago. Wonder what he still brings.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#1593 » by SlimShady83 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:03 am

Pythagoras wrote:For anyone questioning whether AD is a superstar, he has the Lakers at 8-6 this year while Giannis and the Buck are 6-8 this year while having similar injury problems to the Lakers.

People quickly forget that not so long ago, we were struggling to get even to .500
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#1594 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:18 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:For anyone questioning whether AD is a superstar, he has the Lakers at 8-6 this year while Giannis and the Buck are 6-8 this year while having similar injury problems to the Lakers.

People quickly forget that not so long ago, we were struggling to get even to .500

We've had an incredibly easy schedule so far and have been camped at home for a while now... It's about to get a whole lot harder with this long road trip... We were basically living and dying by our 3pt shooting... that's generally not as good on the road... So we'll see...

I really don't see an above 500 team in us right now... I think if we can be even money after the road trip, it'll be a win.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#1595 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:06 am

Pythagoras wrote:Given Vogel’s love affair with playing big, I’d love to trade for Myles Turner. Given the Lakers interest, the fact that Pacers have been trying to trade him forever, and the fact that they clearly aren’t getting big offers, I can’t believe there isn’t a deal there to be made.

What can we get for Turner with out throwing THT?

Not willing to give up on THT just yet.
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1596 » by Pythagoras » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:39 am

SlimShady83 wrote:
Pythagoras wrote:Given Vogel’s love affair with playing big, I’d love to trade for Myles Turner. Given the Lakers interest, the fact that Pacers have been trying to trade him forever, and the fact that they clearly aren’t getting big offers, I can’t believe there isn’t a deal there to be made.

Sadly, the Lakers don’t have any feasible path to adding enough value or enough salary to any other player to trade for Turner. Just too many vet minimum guys. That’s alright. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to hang onto him.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#1597 » by SlimShady83 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:49 am

Pythagoras wrote:
SlimShady83 wrote:

Sadly, the Lakers don’t have any feasible path to adding enough value or enough salary to any other player to trade for Turner. Just too many vet minimum guys. That’s alright. It wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world to hang onto him.

Possible for a 3 team trade ? but doubt that

Pythagoras
Analyst

Post#1598 » by Pythagoras » Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:23 pm

Ugh. Dragic rotting away on the bench racking up
DNP-CDs even though he has a ton of game left. Toronto could buy him out anytime, they’re being annoying. I know he’s stated Dallas as his preferable destination if bought out, but the Lakers should be blowing up his phone anyway if he is. They could give him a significant role on this roster moving forward.
SlimShady83
General Manager

Post#1599 » by SlimShady83 » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:34 am

After seeing the whole incident with the pistons I believe the missing piece of the puzzle is a tough guy who is keen to get into fights and start crap... Ok not whole punch ups etc, bust just someone willing to play physical

Dennis Rodman type of style ...

Are there even any players like Rodman left these days?

LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#1600 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:28 am

KUZ doin Big Thangs in DC

Return to Los Angeles Lakers