ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 12 Thread - Kings (5-6) @ Spurs (3-7)

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Re: Game 12 Thread - Kings (5-6) @ Spurs (3-7) 

Post#21 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:03 am

I'd hold Fox more accountable for the state of the team than Walton

His garbage was weighing on the team til it mentally collapsed.

He is not a leader on/off the floor in any which way, which he is paid as.

The team has a void in on court leadership
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#22 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:06 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Just miserable. It feels like the same cycle. Not sure why I continue to torture myself year after year lol

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

I learned to manage my expectations with the Kings. Just expect worst and you can never be disappointed with the team.

I don't even get mad anymore when people trashes the Kings. It's like picking on the special ed kid in class. Not impressive.
SactoKingsFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,759

Post#23 » by SactoKingsFan » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:11 am

BoogieTime wrote:I'd hold Fox more accountable for the state of the team than Walton

And you think Simmons would somehow bring leadership?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#24 » by BoogieTime » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:17 am

SactoKingsFan wrote:
BoogieTime wrote:I'd hold Fox more accountable for the state of the team than Walton

And you think Simmons would somehow bring leadership?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

He couldn't be worse leadership wise. The team has been better off without Fox on the floor the last two years, and he started this season casting a shadow on competing and has looked half awake

I think getting his low motor off the team would be addition by subtraction in terms of the energy, much like the end of last season.

But Simmons is a strong player with much better advanced stats than Fox, and I think Mitchell/Hali are ready to contribute in the backcourt
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#25 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:28 am

KF10 wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Just miserable. It feels like the same cycle. Not sure why I continue to torture myself year after year lol

I learned to manage my expectations with the Kings. Just expect worst and you can never be disappointed with the team.

I don't even get mad anymore when people trashes the Kings. It's like picking on the special ed kid in class. Not impressive.
Ya I mean I didn't have high hopes coming into into season. Around game 5 or I started to get a bit optimistic. It's painful to want to be excited but know it's always going to bring disappointment lol

LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,572

Post#26 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:30 am

blind prophet wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KF10 wrote:
Same!

Too young to enjoy the Adelman/Webber Kings.

From the 04-05 season to present season, it has been absolute hell for me too lmao
Just miserable. It feels like the same cycle. Not sure why I continue to torture myself year after year lol

I was at the playoff game in 96 I think it was when Mitch finally led us to the promised land. The crowd was on their feet cheering like 15 mins before the game. Was something else.

What gets me is when cannot do anything trade wise and handcuff ourselves. At that point it is almost hopeless. We have moveable pieces if need be. So we are not trapped at least.
That's what I don't like about Monte either. He seems like the ultimate safe guy.

There's just zero reason Bagley is still on the team. It feels like he's just doing enough to say "well it's an upgrade from the last guy"

I love mitchell. I think he's a fantastic player and brings a different hustle on defense.. But I would have taken a swing for a home run looking at this roster.

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#27 » by KF10 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 5:57 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
KF10 wrote:

Ya I mean I didn't have high hopes coming into into season. Around game 5 or I started to get a bit optimistic. It's painful to want to be excited but know it's always going to bring disappointment lol

Game 5 is way too early to be excited! For me, it is game 25. If the Kings manages to have a winning record by then, I will let myself become vulnerable and go full on Kings fan again. Right now, they are proving my earlier opinions about them — Kings = fools gold.

Return to Sacramento Kings